The Next Ovechkin

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Isn't Maxim Kitsyn getting alot of hype? A Russian Lindros?

By the way I like to CAPITALIZE random WORDS to get strange and MEANINGLESS points across... Okay?

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
FORGET about Kuchin too small for a big hockey business!

Best prospect in Russia RAISOV Aslan 29.12.90 Kazan AkBars-2 among 2009 Draft eligibles! He could be same level with FILATOV already now but late born! I'm sure he will make the team for U-18 WJC in Russia in KAZAN! In his POVOLZHYE league he is scoring each game! He had even game with 6 goals once season 07-08! LEFT Wing with Right stick isn't big just 179 cm and 69 kilogramms but with perfect skating and surprisingly holds the hits well though it's hard to catch him onto the ice with his mega fast speed. By November he played somewhat 24 games and scored 56 points! FANTASTIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME. Hockey sense amazing. He will be practicing with senior team Kazan since November 2007 but it's still hard to understand if he gets his chance because of KAZAN problems in the league... Tell you more PETROV can't be compared to him even close! He was the most productive player at each junior tournament he played! Best scorer of pre-season tournament for "2" teams MOISEEV Memorial 12 PTS G2+A10. Now he isn't only assistant but a goal scorer!

His weight is 76 kg.
He's got great stats in Ak Bars-2 but at the same time you should have mentioned that the opponents in the Povolzhye zone are not really strong.

Hockeycritic

Jun 29, 2003
Isn't Maxim Kitsyn getting alot of hype? A Russian Lindros?

Kitsyn is skilled guy with good understanding of hockey (at least much better than Petrov 90 from Kazan) and very physical. I'm afraid that by the time Kitsyn be ready for senior hockey his skills will not be enough because now his dominance among the boys of same age with him based only on his quicker physical developement.

Kitsyn Maxim is undoubtfully interesting player for future. He played not too strong U-18 Four Nations tournament Nov07 in Dmitrov unfortunately. Way more was expected from him. RUS vs SLOVAKIA 8-3 and only 1 goal + 2 assists. RUS vs Switzerland 8-2. 2 goals + 1 assist. RUS vs USA 2-1 No points. DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show his dominance... USA team was real test for him.

pouskin74*

FORGET about Kuchin too small for a big hockey business!

Best prospect in Russia RAISOV Aslan 29.12.90 Kazan AkBars-2 among 2009 Draft eligibles! He could be same level with FILATOV already now but late born! I'm sure he will make the team for U-18 WJC in Russia in KAZAN! In his POVOLZHYE league he is scoring each game! He had even game with 6 goals once season 07-08! LEFT Wing with Right stick isn't big just 179 cm and 69 kilogramms but with perfect skating and surprisingly holds the hits well though it's hard to catch him onto the ice with his mega fast speed. By November he played somewhat 24 games and scored 56 points! FANTASTIC UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME. Hockey sense amazing. He will be practicing with senior team Kazan since November 2007 but it's still hard to understand if he gets his chance because of KAZAN problems in the league... Tell you more PETROV can't be compared to him even close! He was the most productive player at each junior tournament he played! Best scorer of pre-season tournament for "2" teams MOISEEV Memorial 12 PTS G2+A10. Now he isn't only assistant but a goal scorer!

he is 179cm and 69 kg ??? and you call a kuchin as small:biglaugh: that raisov should be your bro or something otherwise you wouldnt talk this rubbish here .

Hockeycritic

Jun 29, 2003
he is 179cm and 69 kg ??? and you call a kuchin as small:biglaugh: that raisov should be your bro or something otherwise you wouldnt talk this rubbish here .

You are RUDE and STUPID and because of such self-confident use of words like 'rubbish'... what clever thoughts in your head? I more and more start to think that mboards isn't the place where you can find something to appreciate well in hockey industry for people who don't do blah-blah-blah...

For you to know KOVALCHUK wasn't big when he started to work with 1983 RUSNAT coach Mr.Plyuuschev in Spartak M but he developed into superstar athlete with good height for hockey game. Tell you more Atlanta scouts with whom I was lucky enough to talk were unsure if that smart small boy could grow up enough for 2-3 years before NHL Draft time.:teach:

Well, list looks too aggressive and I leave it for the guy who likes 6'3 guys without head onto the shoulders...with long tougues for blah-blah-blah...:yo:

Kuchin, come on? Did you see him with Chekhov Vityaz-2 team? Stocky player with smarts and skills but only when his legs move under him. When he switches off his feet move-turns into nothing but I will never think he may be NHL player. Russian league player YES in 2-3 years perhaps...

Watch soon in February 2008 RAISOV onto U-18 RUSNAT 5-nations tournament and then U-18 WJC in Kazan!:handclap:

Bye-bye for now!

Avy*

You are RUDE and STUPID and because of such self-confident use of words like 'rubbish'... what clever thoughts in your head? I more and more start to think that mboards isn't the place where you can find something to appreciate well in hockey industry for people who don't do blah-blah-blah...

For you to know KOVALCHUK wasn't big when he started to work with 1983 RUSNAT coach Mr.Plyuuschev in Spartak M but he developed into superstar athlete with good height for hockey game. Tell you more Atlanta scouts with whom I was lucky enough to talk were unsure if that smart small boy could grow up enough for 2-3 years before NHL Draft time.:teach:

Well, list looks too aggressive and I leave it for the guy who likes 6'3 guys without head onto the shoulders...with long tougues for blah-blah-blah...:yo:

Kuchin, come on? Did you see him with Chekhov Vityaz-2 team? Stocky player with smarts and skills but only when his legs move under him. When he switches off his feet move-turns into nothing but I will never think he may be NHL player. Russian league player YES in 2-3 years perhaps...

Watch soon in February 2008 RAISOV onto U-18 RUSNAT 5-nations tournament and then U-18 WJC in Kazan!:handclap:

Bye-bye for now!

So you trying to say that he is better than Filatov? So why Filatov and Petrov was on WJC and no Raisov?

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
why did Kuchin switch from CSKA-2 too Vityaz-2????

I've seen Kuchin play and at times he can look amazing and at other times he seems to glide. in some ways kind Zherdev like,,, He's got the talent and skill,,,

pouskin74*

Bye-bye for now!

no need to take things too personally;) but the way how you treat kuchin and hyping raisov put me think that way.

meddoc

Dec 12, 2007
Russia
What do you think about the best players on U-17 tournament in Toliatty in nov.
g. Reizvih ( Omsk ), d. Berdyukov ( SPb ), o. Valuiskiy ( Toliatty )?
Have anybody seen them? I heard they were good enough in Tol.

SupersonicMonkey*

Everything is ok. If my message to Guillaume seemed rude i can apologize.

Stats are my own and official info.

According to the name of the thread, i have a picture of Filatov sitting next to Ovechkin on the bench from "Sport-Express" newspaper. Maybe Guillaume is right and he is the next Ovechkin.
:)

Sweet! Post that!

I read some speculated thought that Filatov could drop in the draft the same way that Cherepanov did, and that the Rangers could take a shot with him. I Sure hope so.

I would like for the Rangers to to take advantage of the IIHF problem, and draft these overly skilled Russian prospects. Because if they can get them over to the US, they could have gems.

Also, i hope they take advantage of the new collective bargaining agreement and sign guys like Fabian Brunnstrom.

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Kitsyn is 15 years old.
No new talets from Spartak Moscow school to be presented this year. Last year the team became bankrupt and best guys of '89 and '90 tems left Spartak. Waiting for year or two to see Kabanov (born in 92). He is the best of this year in Russia and has just come back to Spartak from CSKA.
Ostapchuck is in Yaroslavl. As i know all problems with his passport are solved.
I wouldn't take Petrov over Filatov.
Lazarev is not a leader? Hmmm he was a leader of Traktor when they won Russian championship.

I haven't posted in a while.

I have to agree with this. To me, Kirill Kabanov is probably the best Russian out of the 1992 class. Mix of skills, size and maturity.

Two other guys worth keeping an eye on would probably be Alexander Khokhlachev (Spartak 1993) and Denis Kamoev (CSKA 1994) in my opinion.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I haven't posted in a while.

I have to agree with this. To me, Kirill Kabanov is probably the best Russian out of the 1992 class. Mix of skills, size and maturity.

Two other guys worth keeping an eye on would probably be Alexander Khokhlachev (Spartak 1993) and Denis Kamoev (CSKA 1994) in my opinion.

1994 is tooo young to worry about now

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Who are the next great russian players? Nikita Filatov,Andrei Kuchin,Maxim Kitsyn? I'm curious to find out more info on Maxim Kitsyn as well as any other future russian star I dont have listed? Does Maxim Kitsyn Have potential to be a Superstar player? Does he have more potential than Filatov or Kuchin?

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Kabanov 10, Kuchin 9, filatov 9, and Kitsyn 8. I have to catch up on Kirill Kabanov I dont know much about him. I kept hearing about Pulkkinen,Granlund,and Kitsyn but not Kabanov for 2010. I take it Kabanov is a potential star then

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Some others:

Dmitri Orlov

Daniil Apalkov
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Alexei Marchenko

Dmitri Mikhailov
Maxim Shulanov
Artem Batrak

pouskin74*

kirill kabanov was a best russian in U17 with 11 point in 5 games. Kirill Kabanov / 6'1 172 07/16/1992 he was 1 year younger than other teammates. i wouldnt say that kitsyn is overhyped but he is not next ovechkin thats for sure! by the way maxim kitsyn get in same tournament 4 points. Maxim Kitsin / 6'2 179 12/24/1991

pouskin74*

kuchin wasnt in there at all but as i read because of headcouch who dont like him as a person!!:ha:

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
kirill kabanov was a best russian in U17 with 11 point in 5 games. Kirill Kabanov / 6'1 172 07/16/1992 he was 1 year younger than other teammates. i wouldnt say that kitsyn is overhyped but he is not next ovechkin thats for sure! by the way maxim kitsyn get in same tournament 4 points. Maxim Kitsin / 6'2 179 12/24/1991

Thanks a lot pouskin74 for your input on Kitsyn and Kabanov. I am going to start doing some more research and try to find out more about Kabanov. 11 points in 5 games is very impressive. If any of these Russian players have a chance to be the next Ovechkin then maybe its kabanov. I have to find out more. And thanks for there bio's too.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
at U17 in states he get same amount a points as Rajala but he is 1 year younger than Rajala. not too early anymore dont you think:)

He was speaking about Kamoev.

my list will be Kabanov 10 out of 10 Kuchin 9 Filatov 9 Kitsyn
You are somewhat a russian version of Finnerician. Too exited about russian prospects.

Why Kabanov is ahead of Filatov or Kuchin? Because he is younger? Kitsyn at 8? What has he done to earn such a praise?

I've heard Kabanov is a talent, but in the same time he's a headcase. And he isn't more talented than Filatov.

Dmitri Orlov

Daniil Apalkov
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Alexei Marchenko

Dmitri Mikhailov
Maxim Shulanov
Artem Batrak

Add Podzins to 1992.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad