OT: The Newer OT Thread III and Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
2-2 series tied

All aboard the Raptors bandwagon guys, no shame in it. Just enjoy the ride. Toronto beating both the zebras and Cleveland. Defense first mentality. Heart and soul. Blood and guts. True grit. All the cliches. But it's real! This is easily better than the Jays run last year.

Infinitely more dramatic than NHL playoffs. Yeah I said it.

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
2-2 series tied

All aboard the Raptors bandwagon guys, no shame in it. Just enjoy the ride. Toronto beating both the zebras and Cleveland. Defense first mentality. Heart and soul. Blood and guts. True grit. All the cliches. But it's real! This is easily better than the Jays run last year.

Infinitely more dramatic than NHL playoffs. Yeah I said it.

The Oilers could learn a thing or two from the raptors

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Sounds like they are going to do one more tour

that's cool be awesome to see them one more time and give gord a few more cheers.

I know I appreciated being able to see John Mann and Spirit of the West one more time before his illness continued.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Thompson going off in the 3rd, he finally missed but he must have made 8 or 9 in a row. Hopefully OKC can hold on, I like seeing an upset, but not the raps, I like Lebron :laugh:.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
that's cool be awesome to see them one more time and give gord a few more cheers.

I know I appreciated being able to see John Mann and Spirit of the West one more time before his illness continued.

Sure deserves it.

Really amazing that they are doing a tour. That's some kind of dedication to their art. Bowie doing an album on his death bed. Downie going on stage and doing a tour with Terminal Cancer. Don't know how they do it.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Sure deserves it.

Really amazing that they are doing a tour. That's some kind of dedication to their art. Bowie doing an album on his death bed. Downie going on stage and doing a tour with Terminal Cancer. Don't know how they do it.

Edmonton show Thursday, July 28.

I'm counting on the hip to keep them reasonable and guess they will start at $40 or $50 each.

dang. I want to go, but not sure if it's in the budget. crap crap crap
I better go through the basement and find something to sell. lol

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Thompson going off in the 3rd, he finally missed but he must have made 8 or 9 in a row. Hopefully OKC can hold on, I like seeing an upset, but not the raps, I like Lebron :laugh:.

I can understand appreciating his talent, but liking Lebron? not much to like about him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So instead of wasting tax payer money on taking someone to court over pretending to be from Fort Mac and scamming some small amounts of free stuff. Why not spend that money and publicly shame that guy.

What is the guy going to end up with anyway for fraud under 5k?

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton show Thursday, July 28.

I'm counting on the hip to keep them reasonable and guess they will start at $40 or $50 each.

dang. I want to go, but not sure if it's in the budget. crap crap crap
I better go through the basement and find something to sell. lol

Definitely a more poignant goodbye to Northlands Coliseum than possible for the current Oilers.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
So instead of wasting tax payer money on taking someone to court over pretending to be from Fort Mac and scamming some small amounts of free stuff. Why not spend that money and publicly shame that guy.

You can't just let people off like that. Then people could go into stores to steal things if they know they won't be prosecuted. Thefts need to be prosecuted.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You can't just let people off like that. Then people could go into stores to steal things if they know they won't be prosecuted. Thefts need to be prosecuted.

What is he going to get? Seriously? You barely get anything if you actually still something of worth.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
he only came back for his brand and it was totally a calculated business decision. it was the best way to make the most money, become loved again, and still play for a stacked team.

Really don't think going home helped all that much for his brand. Lebron was massive already. As for the team I thought a lot of people just followed him there and he's had a hand in bringing guys in. Seems like he could've done that anywhere.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Its already done and delivered. Name and face in papers across the nation. Become an automatic pariah who scammed the goodwill and kindness of strangers. This guy is the flipside of all the good stories that have come out. Instead of generosity being the scammer, the low life. Press has done a good job of the shaming already and the town did an excellent job outing this story.

Prosecution by public opinion is something. Regardless of what else occurs. This guy has to live with his actions and live with himself. I almost feel sorry for somebody reduced to this level of scamming. Its as pathetic as people that steal charitable donations. The special hell for people like that is they know who they are.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Its already done and delivered. Name and face in papers across the nation. Become an automatic pariah who scammed the goodwill and kindness of strangers. This guy is the flipside of all the good stories that have come out. Instead of generosity being the scammer, the low life. Press has done a good job of the shaming already and the town did an excellent job outing this story.

Prosecution by public opinion is something. Regardless of what else occurs. This guy has to live with his actions and live with himself. I almost feel sorry for somebody reduced to this level of scamming. Its as pathetic as people that steal charitable donations. The special hell for people like that is they know who they are.

Agreed on all counts.

Thefts need to be prosecuted, whether it's a DVD, a car or what this guy stole. He'll pay a societal price, yes, but it needs to go further.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Agreed on all counts.

Thefts need to be prosecuted, whether it's a DVD, a car or what this guy stole. He'll pay a societal price, yes, but it needs to go further.

A start would be a sentence requiring reimbursement, and community work, in the community he stole from. :popcorn:

That would be a King Solomon approach. ;)

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB

I don't trust the public to share a sidewalk in a fair and equitable sort of way, definitely don't trust it with dispensing justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad