OT: The Newer OT Thread III and Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Continue here...

Northlands turns nasty in sacking those people---but I guess ticket tackers showing up in new BMWs was a sign

If no one was coming forward and they can prove it was widespread, I think it's fair.

lol. 86ing an entire division of your company is never fair. Northlands have always been a shady penny pinching *******s.

And!!! Just for you Replacement, a hilarious ventriloquist :D - who ended up winning AGT.

He is pretty good. I like his sarcastic humour, my husband likes his magic...so it's a good combo.

I honestly doubt it, I'm sure they didn't just "decided to fire everyone", I'm sure they've looked into this, because no one is "fessing up" or "outing people" it probably just means everyone is guilty by association.

Well the investigation might cost $400K, they lost $1M over a year (according to reports), so probably simpler to just **** can everyone.

Seems like wrongful dismissal written all over this

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Northlands is making the system automated so all jobs are gone. Northlands needs to look at the accountants.... this sounds like he had been going on for awhile

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Is this the right place to complain about that annoying Ford truck ad? Is there a way to turn that thing off?

This is the response from the site administration (below). FYI they don't have any control over the ads... it's Crave that controls those.

If you are using a mobile device and complaining about an ad on the desktop site, you're out of luck. Ads on the desktop site are not designed for mobile devices and we won't get any support.

You have a couple choices: use the mobile site or become a sponsor.

Reports of ad problems should be directed to the Support Forum. The following info should be provided:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Style of site being used (mobile vs desktop)
5. Company/product of advertisement in question
6. A screen shot
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive (can't you close the ad or if you do do is frequently reappear... be as specific as you can).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I see Oilersnation has a store now. They have a few shirts that say the hope will never die.

Didn't Hope include Omark and Pajarvvi?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The TD add seems like it's just a coding error by someone, I've seen something similar in other places.

Meh, I'll take the pop over the stupid auto-play ads.

Also, great win from the Jays today, can't wait for the ALCS

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I try not to complain about the ads. I figure I get what I pay for.

The tiny x's often don't close the ad, and if they do, often none of the links on the page function. Probably an iPad-specific problem, but it ruins the site's functionality completely. I'm not complaining per se, because I don't really surf on the iPad much, but it has to be embarrassing for the site administrators to have such a shoddy interface.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
i pretty much gave up using this site when im not home just because the ads

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
The tiny x's often don't close the ad, and if they do, often none of the links on the page function. Probably an iPad-specific problem, but it ruins the site's functionality completely. I'm not complaining per se, because I don't really surf on the iPad much, but it has to be embarrassing for the site administrators to have such a shoddy interface.

Please post in the support forum regarding that.

Again, the site admins have no control over the ads. It's all up to Crave.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Can't use my phone to browse the site. One big truck ad takes up the entire screen and can't be closed. What a joke.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Site is virtually unusable on an Android (Galaxy S4 here) phone too. Not just an Apple problem.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My viewing experience with the Windows Phone has been excellent up to this point since it doesn't run Flash. But that Ford truck ad somehow weaseled its way around that and completely f***ed up the experience. Kudos to the assholes that managed to make it work. I'll remember it the next time I don't buy a Ford.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
This site is pretty much unusable with Android, I gave up ages ago as I found it annoying and overly excessive. Turning off my cookies is not doable as some sites I have to have cookies turned on because of special access, so I just don't view this site on my tablet.
What does annoy me more than anything is the stupid popup that comes on everytime I log in through Windows detailing the cookie policy. I can not in this day and age why anyone would think a popup like that wouldn't be annoying after making someone view it more than 5 times, especially if all it is to to promote some newsletter, prompt people to use a poll, or tell people to click a link to a policy that no one ever bothers to read.
As a Full VBulletin License holder for 15 years, and a former god admin of a site that was just as big as this one, I can tell you that things like that are pretty easy to fix with just one click in the admin cp. Please ask your god admin to consider removing that prompt.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was in the waiver thread and I noticed that Mac has retired and became a firefighter.

Good to see him get into something as quick as he did.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
So this question is coming from a point of complete ignorance. We bought a used vehicle about 5 months ago, recently my girlfriend has complained that the car is rattling/shaking a little bit while driving. After getting an oil change, the technician told us that we have 3 bent rims, and recommended that we replace all of our tires and rims at this point. Needless to say, I feel a little bit chuffed about this, but I don't really know anything about cars and really want to avoid unnecessary expenses when possible.

So basically what I am asking is, are winter tires necessary in a city like Edmonton? The two of us do very very little driving, aside from picking up groceries and things like that. Would we be ok with all-seasons? I'm assuming we would want steel rims so they wouldn't get bent out of shape as quickly as our current set has.

Sorry if this post is sort of rambly, if there is any clarification needed, I will try to provide it, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad