OT: The Newer OT Thread III and Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I can't ****ing stand thehse new ads. They make my page jump around and I'm always hitting the wrong ****ing thing.

If anyone sees my name as having viewed their profile page I'm not creeping anyone. I just hit the wrong thing because stuff moved in me. It's annoying.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
If anyone sees my name as having viewed their profile page I'm not creeping anyone. I just hit the wrong thing because stuff moved in me. It's annoying.

I can understand the need for ads and why a board would want to have them. What I cant understand is the proliferation of adds here that prevent the navigation of the board.

One of the more ridiculous variations of these jump up adds about a year ago was preventing me from being able to log in. lol. it took half a dozen refreshes to get a different ad flash whereby the intrusive add was not there and that I could log in and report the offending ad.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

I've accidentally clicked on the Capitals, and Flames board more by accident, than I have the Oilers board on purpose. Ads are gross to begin with, and they are a thousand times worse when they make navigating a site more difficult, or impact your enjoyment of the site.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I can understand the need for ads and why a board would want to have them. What I cant understand is the proliferation of adds here that prevent the navigation of the board.

One of the more ridiculous variations of these jump up adds about a year ago was preventing me from being able to log in. lol. it took half a dozen refreshes to get a different ad flash whereby the intrusive add was not there and that I could log in and report the offending ad.
Was that on your phone or on your home computer?

I rarely (like almost never) have trouble viewing the site on my laptop (using Chrome with ad ****), but lately its a slap in the face to every user the way this site is working on Android. Firstly, its just impossible to hit the button you want to hit. So you end up clicking on two or three things you didn't want to click on.

But then, after you've clicked on a few things and tried to skip back to the previous screen using the back button, the ad takes over the URL on the phone, completely erasing the URL for this site and replacing it with the one for their own garbage site. Once that happens, although it appears you are looking at hfoil, you will not be able to click on any threads or log in or reply etc. The only thing to do at that point is close the Android browser and then restart.

Yesterday it happened to me three times in a row. It literally took me ten minutes to finally open the thread I wanted to read.

Shame shame shame. :shakehead

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Was that on your phone or on your home computer?

I rarely (like almost never) have trouble viewing the site on my laptop (using Chrome with ad ****), but lately its a slap in the face to every user the way this site is working on Android. Firstly, its just impossible to hit the button you want to hit. So you end up clicking on two or three things you didn't want to click on.

But then, after you've clicked on a few things and tried to skip back to the previous screen using the back button, the ad takes over the URL on the phone, completely erasing the URL for this site and replacing it with the one for their own garbage site. Once that happens, although it appears you are looking at hfoil, you will not be able to click on any threads or log in or reply etc. The only thing to do at that point is close the Android browser and then restart.

Yesterday it happened to me three times in a row. It literally took me ten minutes to finally open the thread I wanted to read.

Shame shame shame. :shakehead

Home computer. Unfortunately when I have tried any adblockers it blocks EVERYTHING on my computer which literally freezes. So I don't use those.

Interestingly I note traffic here was grinding to a halt and then alas suddenly I'm seeing adds that are less intrusive right at the moment. Its seems periodically they allow the more intrusive adds although I don't know why. Plus being an Oilers fan is innately frustrating enough without the added ad garbage.

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Well, isn't this interesting...

I guess, in addition to illegal game streams, you can't post about perfectly legal and legitimate software designed to improve people's web experience. :shakehead

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well, isn't this interesting...

I guess, in addition to illegal game streams, you can't post about perfectly legal and legitimate software designed to improve people's web experience. :shakehead

tkjwz.jpg

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I click the little mobile link on the bottom when I am using my android. I don't see ads when I do that. I could never browse this site normally on a mobile phone. It has to be the mobile version.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah this site requires a certain add-on for desktop.
Mobile has been great though

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just wondering where you found the 4 months? If you look at the history of injuries of this type. Two months, maybe a shade over. Tops.

2 months is the the minimum, it depends on where the break is and how much work goes into repairing the break. If it's closer to the shoulder, that means pins and a longer recovery.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Who cares about this **** pirate show and why the **** is that double popup leeching my data?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The current Ford pop up adds are the worst ads here since the infamous "wolverine" splash popup ad. Its basically making this site unusable and along with the Oilers doing poorly is I imagine one of the reasons few people are currently posting on this board. Normally there wouldn't be comments on an add like this except its coming up every time you go to a different page.

Again adds are fine and expected but these adds that take over the page and block everything are ridiculous.

I've never bought a ford and I'm sure not intending to anytime soon.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm currently watching Season 4: Freakshow. Incredibly good show. Much better than I expected.

Sorry to go OT.

WHile I agree with posters that say the Oilers haven't learned to win, I also have to say that the reffing does seem to be 1 sided at times. I've noticed it much more this year so far than previously. But in the end, they have to win their own games. And they haven't looked great on the PP lately neither, so they seem to be creating their own "bad luck". They've had numerous chances to finish and haven't done so. That's on the players IMO.

Season 5 is knocking it out of the ballpark as well. Good thing about the series is you can watch each season in isolation. Doesn't really impact viewing if you haven't seen previous seasons. Production value and cast on season 5 are just crazy good for TV.

Reffing isn't one sided in NHL. But nothing gets called on AHS Hotel, they let everything go....:laugh:

no spoilers..

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Season 5 is knocking it out of the ballpark as well. Good thing about the series is you can watch each season in isolation. Doesn't really impact viewing if you haven't seen previous seasons. Production value and cast on season 5 are just crazy good for TV.

Reffing isn't one sided in NHL. But nothing gets called on AHS Hotel, they let everything go....:laugh:

no spoilers..

I couldn't get into season 4 after what I thought was a bit of a mediocre 3rd season. Never even finished season 4. As such haven't started season 5 yet.

I really enjoyed season 1+2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad