OT: The Newer OT Thread III and Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
If there is any possible way to get winter tires, do it. They are not cheap, but they are 1000% worth the money. I will never ever go back after getting winter tires.

I am no expert on why you have bent rims. Seems strange, but I'll let the more knowledgable car guys handle that one!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Ah, the annual winter-tires discussion.

They are important. The folks who say otherwise are some of those I have to give a push. You'll notice a big difference if you drive both winter and all-seasons.

:popcorn:

Funnymanrocco

Jul 4, 2015
Edmonton
Oilers Depressing Goal Announcement's

In an attempt to talk about something other then last night's poor reffing and no goal call I have a question.....does anyone else hate how depressing the Oilers PA announcer is when announcing away teams goals ? Seriously. I get that its the other team and its not a happy time but I'm mad/sad when we get scored on then when I hear him so depressingly announce the goal I'm sad/suicidal again. It sounds like the end of the world. Think it has an effect on the fan's or even worse on individual players ?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
In an attempt to talk about something other then last night's poor reffing and no goal call I have a question.....does anyone else hate how depressing the Oilers PA announcer is when announcing away teams goals ? Seriously. I get that its the other team and its not a happy time but I'm mad/sad when we get scored on then when I hear him so depressingly announce the goal I'm sad/suicidal again. It sounds like the end of the world. Think it has an effect on the fan's or even worse on individual players ?

If it was the case, that player shouldn't be in the NHL.

Funnymanrocco

Jul 4, 2015
Edmonton
If it was the case, that player shouldn't be in the NHL.

Agreed although there are many players who's attention to detail , consistency , effort are questioned and we don't always know the reasons for these problems. I am more speaking about the fans though because it's something that has bugged me for a while. If we were a better team maybe it would be different.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

We are complaining about the announcing of the opposition gosls?

Five days of walking around Venice my feet are dead tired, hurting and ready to fall off.

That to me is more legit complaint then pumping the tires of the other guys.

We have never made an effort to announce someone elses goal unless it was a milestone or a first

alberta2

Jan 12, 2010
Cheery no but not suicidal. It honestly sounds like he has no hope or belief that we can score or comeback or whatever the case may be. lol just one of those things that bugs me.

Heaven forbid someone shows some emotion nowadays! Sheesh, not everyone has to be so robotic and dull all the time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Do other teams do this? It's not even just the NHL all home teams do this in pro sports.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Anyone ever pay to have their snow removed or been paid to remove someones snow? No idea what the pricing/wage for snow removal is. Area being removed would be between 100-300m²

McOylerz

Feb 28, 2002
London, Ontario
So, this annoying CIBC ad keeps popping up and I have several screenshots now. How do I go about complaining? I'm a paid member on android mobile. (Galaxy S5 using the chrome app)

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
An article by David Staples on the suggestion of toll roads in Alberta, specifically the ring roads:

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...rnor-makes-strong-case-for-alberta-toll-roads

I'm kind of confused though. Won't a toll on the ring roads cause more traffic within the cities, and defeat their purpose in the first place?

Well San Francisco is maybe an extreme example but I could easily see the Henday looking like this during peak times.

172490893_8.jpg

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So there's a Bob Ross marathon on Twitch right now with 70,000 viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad