OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer III - The Fours may reopen after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
i cleaned out the woodstove and chimney sunday.
still no heat use yet. was down to 30 degrees sunday. 57 in the house. that heat isnt going on until at least mid october. might start the woodstove up though if it gets chilly ahain like sunday was.

I cleaned it and emptied before the season was over because it wasn't that cold out and we hadn't used it in a couple of weeks. Then my wife put another bag of pellets in and used it for all of a couple of hours on a colder spring day. I emptied it again, but haven't cleaned it yet. Which is why I haven't put the thing on yet. I like to deep clean it before using it for the season, and some of the parts get stuck a bit when it hasn't been used for a few months, so I'm sure I'll have to oil/un-stick it. We loaded up with 3 tons of pellets though, so we're ready for the cold.

I think it's actually supposed to warm back up starting tomorrow, with it getting into the 80s on Friday and Saturday.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
61 in the house. Socks, sweatpants, and a blanket. I'm in my glory. The heat will wait!

A growing concern is my dead iphone, which I need in order to access anything on my company network. Phone died this afternoon and it's been charging for about a half hour now but won't power on. YAY!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I have spent 12 days with my new pup Cactus Jack and I am flabbergasted how he can be so nice. He has some really horrible scars, one deep above his left eye is a really deep and nasty scar, 2 of the small teeth between the canines are gone, one of the canines looked like it has been moved a bit. I don't know if he got hit by a car or if someone was really mean to him. I met a neighbor who loves dogs and he had a rake in his hand and when he approached Jack with the rake Jack got really scared and tried to run away. Once he put aside the rake everything was fine.

PXL_20200916_211630911.jpg PXL_20200922_052319910.PORTRAIT-01.COVER (1).jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have spent 12 days with my new pup Cactus Jack and I am flabbergasted how he can be so nice. He has some really horrible scars, one deep above his left eye is a really deep and nasty scar, 2 of the small teeth between the canines are gone, one of the canines looked like it has been moved a bit. I don't know if he got hit by a car or if someone was really mean to him. I met a neighbor who loves dogs and he had a rake in his hand and when he approached Jack with the rake Jack got really scared and tried to run away. Once he put aside the rake everything was fine.

View attachment 368531 View attachment 368532
You are a good human :heart:. Jack is adorable. I love his coloring. . Thanks for sharing and keep up the photos and story !

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wes Tuttle, longtime New England Sports Center GM, was a friend to hockey community - The Boston Globe

The New England Sports Center, with its 10 rinks and support facilities sprawled across several acres at the intersection of Routes 290 and 495 in Marlborough, is a true hub for hockey in the Northeast.

Since its opening more than a quarter-century ago, Wes Tuttle was at the center of that success.

“In the hockey world, you have those qualities of caring for kids. Wes would do anything for anybody,” longtime friend and former Marlborough High coach John Butler said of Tuttle, who died suddenly Saturday at age 62.

“He cared about people. He cared about kids, he touched so many kids.”

Tuttle served as general manager of NESC since 1994, and was a welcoming presence to countless hockey players, coaches and teams, from the youth levels to professionals and adults.

“Wes meant so much to so many people inside and outside of hockey that no words will do him justice,” said Jamie O’Leary, assistant GM of the Sports Center. “He was a friend to everyone, and here at the NESC we will never be able to replace the work he did. We just hope we can make him proud of how we move forward.”

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Wife turned on the mini splits when I was at work today, kids ratted her out at dinner. We had some consistent 27-25 nights in a row in VT but it would get to 60 during the day, crazy swings. Sad the garden is toast though, seeing how it will be summer again later this week.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just finished The Devil All The Time. Really enjoyed that one. It gets better the more it strings you along. 8/10

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
@BMC this is the NEW YORK subway

New York is a cesspool. I don't care which side of the aisle you are on, de Blasio is the worst mayor in the country. It took a quarter century for New York to go from horrible and corrupt to the jewel of the USA, and he ran it back into the ground in just 6 years.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad