The Never-Too-Early 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Were not picking at 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For some of the guys in the 20-31 range, I just flat out don't know much about them which is where TV helps.

I bought the NHL Draft Black book for the first time last draft which was pretty damn informative. Seems mostly accurate so far on our picks from last draft.

Yeah but most of the excitement comes when you pick someone. However even if we keep the pick, we may end up trading down so...

I guess if you are in Vancouver and have nothing better to do, it probably is not going to be a super expensive ticket.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah but most of the excitement comes when you pick someone. However even if we keep the pick, we may end up trading down so...

I guess if you are in Vancouver and have nothing better to do, it probably is not going to be a super expensive ticket.

I am going there to scratch it off the bucket list but will be there for sight seeing too. From what I gathered out of previous drafts, the ticket to go in night one is around $20ish. After this though, I probably won't care unless Toronto hosts.

This one has appeal due to it being in Canada (U.S. is really scary right now) and I fly relatively cheap.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

Prodigy MayD

Jan 3, 2019
I am going there to scratch it off the bucket list but will be there for sight seeing too. From what I gathered out of previous drafts, the ticket to go in night one is around $20ish. After this though, I probably won't care unless Toronto hosts.

This one has appeal due to it being in Canada (U.S. is really scary right now) and I fly relatively cheap.
The USA isn't scary at all.
Also, Drafts are cool to go to. Usually super cheap tickets and you get to meet sometimes NHL players, scouts, GMs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If you are a Canadian citizen you should not be scared of the USA.

There is legit nothing to be scared of in the USA, unless you are doing something illegal.

Government shut down (their security at airport is weak)

Only a major shooting event there every week as well.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You guys worry to much.
It is still very safe to travel to.

At this point, I honestly believe you are both trolling.

Not at all, wouldn’t want to go to most places in the U.S. too many concealed weapon permits and such.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nearly 40,000 People Died From Guns in U.S. Last Year, Highest in 50 Years

Nearly 40,000 People Died From Guns in U.S. Last Year, Highest in 50 Years

Lots of suicides but you’re at the wrong place at the wrong time over there...anyways since this is a draft based thread, this will be my final post on this subject. You visit where you like, I visit where I like.

Have at it, I couldn't care less

I noticed you've moved off conceal and Carry however, any reason? Hard to justify that take I'll bet

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Have at it, I couldn't care less

I noticed you've moved off conceal and Carry however, any reason? Hard to justify that take I'll bet

No, I thought it was fairly obvious why that it's a problem. :facepalm:

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
Is there any good power forwards that potentially be available in the bottom third of the 1st rd?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No, I thought it was fairly obvious why that it's a problem. :facepalm:

No it's really not

If you've got some stats that back your assertion that people who use conceal and Carry permits, or conceal and Carry in states that allow it without a permit are a gun violence problem I'd really love to see them

Deduct suicide and gang violence out of your 40 thousand, then work on a population of about 300+ million and your fears look highly overblown

But as I said, you do you I couldn't give a rats ass

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is ridiculous. One, its the prospect/draft thread. Two, you could have been killed walking on Yonge Street or the Danforth due to random violence.

Now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming, which is complaining about how bad the pick at 25 is likely to be and why we should trade it.

Reactions: Kiwi

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is ridiculous. One, its the prospect/draft thread. Two, you could have been killed walking on Yonge Street or the Danforth due to random violence.

Now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming, which is complaining about how bad the pick at 25 is likely to be and why we should trade it.

Looks like it could be a little earlier then that with the way things are going lately.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Be positive, it could be 21 or 22 at this rate

Hell maybe even a lottery pick if we go full 16 Wheeler

Looks like it could be a little earlier then that with the way things are going this way.

That's the spirit

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Be positive, it could be 21 or 22 at this rate

Hell maybe even a lottery pick if we go full 16 Wheeler

That's the spirit

Still wonder what the hell happened that year after the California road trip. We did well, believe we beat Anaheim and Los Angeles on that trip. Looked firmly in a playoff spot and fell off a cliff big time.

I can't see it happening like that again...unless we play every game like we did against Florida again.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Still wonder what the hell happened that year after the California road trip. We did well, believe we beat Anaheim and Los Angeles on that trip. Looked firmly in a playoff spot and fell off a cliff big time.

I can't see it happening like that again...unless we play every game like we did against Florida again.

We shouldn't but **** we look mentally fragile

A little bit of adversity and we look like possums in the headlights, as for in game system adjustments I don't know if I've seen one yet

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We shouldn't but **** we look mentally fragile

A little bit of adversity and we look like possums in the headlights, as for in game system adjustments I don't know if I've seen one yet

Lethargic tonight was bad.

In terms of our 1st round pick...I would guess Kaedan Korczak or Connor McMichael are probably our best options.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lethargic tonight was bad.

In terms of our 1st round pick...I would guess Kaedan Korczak or Connor McMichael are probably our best options.

Depends on where we end up but I'm interested in Seider if we continue to suck or he drops a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad