The Never-Too-Early 2019 NHL Entry Draft - Were not picking at 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Half the board has already complained about this pick!

As with mosts classes, looksclike this one has the early hype. Looks great for the tankers and those needing centres.

Reactions: Raymoondo and Smif

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
For those who liked Dellandrea, Blake Murray of the Sudbury Wolves is a very very similar player in a very similar situation, who posted really good offensive numbers this season as well. I think those who liked Dellandrea this year will also end up finding this kid as one of their favourites next year, however he is already ranked anywhere from high 2nd round to top 10 by certain sources so who knows where he'll finish. I'll admit though as a Wolves fan I'm a little biased towards him, but it also means I've watched him plenty and think he'll do great.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The QMJHL should have some decent prospects. Not as good as 2020 with Lafreniere as a likely 1st overall pick and a ton of talent following him.

From the 6 teams I follow:
London: C/LW Nathan Dunkley (D+1), C William Moskal (D+1), LW Sergei Popov (D+1), RD Andrew Perrott (1st year), RW Connor McMichael (1st year)
Saginaw: LW Nicolas Porco (1st year), C Aidan Prueter (1st year), C Max Grondin (D+1), RW Jacob Goldowski (D+1), LD Duncan Penman (1st year), C/RW Ryan Stepian (1st year)
SSM: RD Jacob LeGuerrier (1st year), RW Cole MacKay (1st year), LW Joseph Carroll (1st year)
Spokane: C Eli Zummack (D+1), LW Luke Toporowski (1st year)
Prince Albert: None at this point
Sherbrooke: C/LW Samuel Poulin (1st year), LD Olivier Crete-Belzile (D+1), RD Alexandre Joncas (1st year), LD Jaxon Bellamy (1st year), RW Bailey Peach (1st year)

Reactions: LDN

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Gotta be Dany Antropov!

I would be so happy! :yo:

And he's potentially set to go around that mark, depending on this upcoming season of course.
Other guys around that mark, this early:
Samuel Poulin (C)
Albin Grewe (RW)
Marshall Warren (D)
Anttony Honka (D)
Trevor Zegras (C)
Ville Heinola (D)
Xavier Parent (C)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Lowkey hoping we move out someone who isn't needed for the future (possibly Gardiner with Dermott replacing him), for a first round pick minimum, and whoever we get the pick from somehow bottoms out. Imagine how much HF would implode.

Unfortunately nobody would be dumb enough to do it without protection. If they finished low for this draft we’d likely end up with that teams 2020 1st so in your scenario this shitty team hopefully would be shit again in 2019/20 season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Going to be a great year for WHL watching. Byram, Dach, Cozens, and Krebs are all high-end talents. USNTDP is also absolutely ridiculous, with arguably the 2 best players in the class. Turcotte gets slept on due to Hughes hype, but he has serious franchise center potential.

Reactions: TheFloater

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
This is a STRONG class for centres. Hughes, Turcotte from the NTDP and Newhook out of the BCHL who is a Boston College commit are the best imo. Then you have Dach, Cozens, Lavoie, and more who all look to have top line pivot potential.

Very strong group.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
after seeing how much worse things could have been for the Blues and the flames I don't think teams will be sending future 1st rounders out for a while. unless they are clearly a top 5 team
I don't think the Blues regret it at all. They got a legitimate top 6 center under the age of 28. Would they have liked it to be later? Absolutely, but I don't think they regret it at all.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I don't think the Blues regret it at all. They got a legitimate top 6 center under the age of 28. Would they have liked it to be later? Absolutely, but I don't think they regret it at all.

true enough. I just think a lot of teams may think of how in the last few years teams have jumped quite far in to the top 3. it could have ended a lot worse. I like the idea for trading for future firsts for that reason alone. you never know where a team may be the following year.

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
1xdxip.jpg

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Canes fired their GM. Trust me they know. Habs & Canucks not so much.
I assume we are talking about Ownership/Management here and not the fanbases.

For whatever reason, those two teams despite having two of the better markets to have an NHL team (at least when CAD is doing well), there ownerships refuse to tear-down. Canucks have at-least semi acknowledged it. In both cases, its probably rooted in the fact management can't go to ownership to say "we need to rebuild" and keep their jobs. So, both GM's try to keep the illusion of a slight re-tool, as if they admit complete failure and a full rebuild is needed, they are fired.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Keep an eye on Michael Vukojevic, he has been under the radar so far but he should he a first rounder. He came over to Kitchener from the NCAA halfway through the year and by the end of the year he was the rangers best dmen behind Stanley. He was on the first pair with Stanley and not only did he not look out of place but he excelled against Sarnias (Kyrou) and SSM (Frost, Raddysh) top players. He is a big body that can skate pretty well, and is very physical. He also has good offensive instincts and skills. He reminds me of Ekblad. I would not be surprised if he goes top 10.

I would love for the leafs to somehow grab him

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Leafs have Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Kadri, Andersen, Reilly, Gardiner

AND

16 million cap space

AND

Leafs have 23 picks in the next 3 years.

I love this management team and my Maple Leafs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->