Rumor: The never-ending Myers rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I'm a little worried that TM could eventually succumb to the momentum of these rumors and offers and trade Myers for no particular reason. I'm sure he'll get fair value back, but there really is no reason at all to trade Myers unless we're getting a stupid return.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Pulkkinen, Sproul, Ouellet... These are some really good pieces. Pulkkinen is the epitome of how Detroit develops better than anyone. The kid is just destroying the AHL.

Not interested in any of those pieces for Myers.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
At the end of the day all it will amount to is a package that Murray thinks will help the team more than Myers. We saw that "value" matters less with the Fasching deal imo

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm a little worried that TM could eventually succumb to the momentum of these rumors and offers and trade Myers for no particular reason. I'm sure he'll get fair value back, but there really is no reason at all to trade Myers unless we're getting a stupid return.

If TM trades Myers for "no particular reason", the Sabres have a lot more to worry about moving forward than any of us know.

Good thing is that he won't trade Myers for no particular reason.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Pipe dream set of trades:

Myers for DeKeyser + Pulkinnen

Stl. 1st + NYI 1st + Grigorenko for OEL

Stewart + 2nd + Compher for Kane

Kane - Girgensons - Ennis
Moulson - McEichel - Gionta
Pulkinnen - Reinhart - Armia

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

Or something like that. Obviously too young to win much, but it would be a fun team to watch.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

Or something like that. Obviously too young to win much, but it would be a fun team to watch.

I wouldn't do the first deal. The second deal is not close to enough for Arizona. I'd do the third deal.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

That OEL offer wouldn't get a team Myers, let alone OEL. Kane package also is being underbid.

ZeroPT*

OEL is among the top assets value wise throughout the league.

24 year old #1 D on that contract? Even thinking about the price is hurting my feelings

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

What you are willing to take for Myers vs what you are willing to pay for OEL is totally disconnected

That myers package is puke worthy

ZeroPT*

Prospects though! Prospects for Myers sets this team back 3 years at MINIMUM.

ZeroPT*

Pulkkinen is NHL ready and would immediately be in our top 6. DeKeyser is already a top 4 defenseman. Prospects though.

I don't rate either. None of them migitate trading Myers and Pulkkinen is about as good a skater as Strachan.

We trade Myers for that package, we set the rebuild back. Prospects indeed.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

What is the difference between Armia and Pulkkinen, except Pulkkinen is two years older? And is DeKeyser ever going to be more than top 4? Why is your it would never happen but I can hope dream for Myers be basically Pysyk and Armia, except a year or two further down the road.

You should probably have higher hopes for a pipe dream?

Bps21*

Those stokes offers are terrible...and hilariously they are so in all different ways. I'm not surprised at all that this is what he came up with.

To it I'd like to add:

Zadorov for Kindl, Det 2nd and a Friends season 2 DVD set (disc 3 missing)

Dougie Hamilton for the NYI 2, a half eaten ham sandwich and a Grimace shaped party balloon.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

OEL - DeKeyser
Zads - Risto
Gorges - Pysyk

#1. Dekayser isn't a top pairing d-man. He's like 1 month younger than Myers. So, downgrading Myers to Dekayser for a undersized prospect? No way Murray does that. I wouldn't do that deal even if Detroit added their 1st rounder. The quality isn't there.
#2. It's been stated several times out there that "everyone is available EXCEPT Doan and OEL" On phoenix. Unless Darcy weeps over a framed picture of Grigerenko daily, that deal isn't happening.
#3. The stated price for Kane has been Player, Prospect, and a 1st round pick. You offered a rental player, a prospect, and a 2nd round pick. If you want Evander Kane, starts with Ennis/Foligno, a prospect, and one of the late 1sts. Maybe you can convince them to take a rental in lieu of a prospect or draft picks

The Myers deal is bad for the Sabres
The rest are bad for the other teams.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Wonder if Murray will package him with St Louis's pick? Say Myers and St Louis's pick for Arizona's/Caronlias 1st

I like the idea of packaging Myers but for someone already in the NHL.

Something like

Myers, 1st and + for first line forward. There has got to be another Seguin type deal available in the off season. I wouldn't be against Buffalo going after Hall in the off season other then the chances of injury.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
#1. Dekayser isn't a top pairing d-man. He's like 1 month younger than Myers. So, downgrading Myers to Dekayser for a undersized prospect? No way Murray does that. I wouldn't do that deal even if Detroit added their 1st rounder. The quality isn't there.
#2. It's been stated several times out there that "everyone is available EXCEPT Doan and OEL" On phoenix. Unless Darcy weeps over a framed picture of Grigerenko daily, that deal isn't happening.
#3. The stated price for Kane has been Player, Prospect, and a 1st round pick. You offered a rental player, a prospect, and a 2nd round pick. If you want Evander Kane, starts with Ennis/Foligno, a prospect, and one of the late 1sts. Maybe you can convince them to take a rental in lieu of a prospect or draft picks

On what planet do Ennis and Foligno have comparable trade value?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

1.). I don't think DeKeyser is a major downgrade from Myers. Small, not major. I think Pulkkinen more than makes up the difference.

2.). Maloney has said OEL is available. How committed to Auston Matthews are they? Admittedly, my proposal was way off. They would probably ask for Samson, which I would strongly consider.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-be-up-for-grabs-as-coyotes-take-a-step-back/

3.). The stated price isn't neccesarily what they will get. The 2nd will be the 31st or 32nd pick, may as well be a 1st. What are their motivations? Do they want to get to the playoffs this year? Then they probably take a rental, a high pick and a good prospect. If not, more teams will drive the price up in the offseason. All depends on motivation.

ZeroPT*

Team building. Stokes please. OEL for Reinhardt gets us where? What does it do for us?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Why would they be connected? OEL is way more valuable.

nonsense.

TOI/60
Myers 18.35
OEL 17.33

+- Rel

+- QoC

Corsi Rel QoC

Corsi QoC

+- QoT

Corsi Rel QoT

Corsi QoT

Off Zone Start %

GF On/60

GA On/60

+- On/60

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Myers for Dekeyser and Pulkinnen is the worst trade proposal this board has seen since "4 First rounders for Brassard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad