Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Looking like a good few years for Germany. They've got John-Jason Peterka and Lukas Reichel this year too.

I'm surprised Reichel isn't getting more hype. 13 points in 19 games in the DEL. Third on his team in scoring.
https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-ale...uinton-byfield-and-yaroslav-askarov-1.1403436

Craig Button has him at #27 now, guess if Reichel keeps producing, the hype train will start soon. Would be nice if he gets drafted by the Oilers since Stützle is pretty much out of question, he'll be a Top 10 pick for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDNicks17

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Brock Otten's preliminary top10 list from the OHL is out:

OHL Prospects: Preliminary Media/Scout Top 10 for the 2020 NHL Draft

Anything that stands out to you guys? Anyone you like on that list that the Oilers could potentially draft?

Nothing really stands out. Glad to see Rossi getting some love though. He's currently ranked around 10-15, and he'll probably rise given his insane performance so far this season. While its probably a pipe dream, he's a guy I would love on the Oilers.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Anything that stands out to you guys? Anyone you like on that list that the Oilers could potentially draft?

Think we'll be talking about Perreault, Pytlick, and Stranges, OHL guys that are projected to be around after the first 20 picks go off the board. Foudy lost some shine in my eyes after seeing his Hlinka Gretzky and he doesn't appear to be taking steps on being less of a perimeter guy this season.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

He touches on it in his writeup but I like the story the numbers tell in a tweet he retweets:

---

Eliteprospects put out a Top-31 last week. I chopped off the top-20 just to see what would be left. Zion Nybeck, Hendrix Lapierre, Jacob Perreault, Theodor Niederbach, Justin Barron, etc.

Taylor will sign in the offseason anyways, no need to deal a 1st rounder this year for a test drive. ;)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Very strong year in the OHL. I don't follow the league like I use to do but right now but what I do know about the guys near the top of his list suggests a very interesting draft at least in the top half of the first.

Reactions: belair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Very strong year in the OHL. I don't follow the league like I use to do but right now but what I do know about the guys near the top of his list suggests a very interesting draft at least in the top half of the first.
I need to get another look at Foerster. Pronman mentioned him as a big time potential draft riser and he's been talked about a bit here also.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I need to get another look at Foerster. Pronman mentioned him as a big time potential draft riser and he's been talked about a bit here also.

I'm surprised he didn't make the top 10.

I'd probably have a tough time choosing between him and Perreault for 5th on my list.

Love me some Stranges highlights, but I feel like he and Foudy are guys who get really overrated because of their skating. I like Pytlik, but I don't think he has much upside. Not a big Cuylle fan either. He strikes me as a guy who won't have the smarts, shot or skating to score a ton at the NHL level and he doesn't really project to do anything else.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Couple of blurbs on my guy from a fellow Oiler fan watching the OHL:

And this from the Colts' skating coach:

Skating is the knock on him(although I don't think it's even that bad), but that doesn't worry me too much when I hear stuff like this.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Marco Rossi still lighting it up.

He's a late birthday, but he's sitting smack dab between McDavid(2.55) and Marner(2.00) with a 2.33 points-per-game for draft years in the OHL.

He's in some pretty elite company right now. Only Lindros, McDavid and Kane have had higher higher points-per-game in their draft year in the OHL since 1980.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canada East plays Russia for Gold in the World Junior A Challenge should be a fun game tonight.

I think Russia usually sends a fairly young group as far as draft eligibles are concerned.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Marco Rossi still lighting it up.

He's a late birthday, but he's sitting smack dab between McDavid(2.55) and Marner(2.00) with a 2.33 points-per-game for draft years in the OHL.

He's in some pretty elite company right now. Only Lindros, McDavid and Kane have had higher higher points-per-game in their draft year in the OHL since 1980.
Rossi is probably a borderline top-5 prospect this draft. I love his game.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Will take more than that as a number of teams have him in the 8-10 slot already i believe. New Jersey will want to move up too. Ottawa has a second pick in the top ten as well.
Most teams can't resist a top forward or dman he goes outside top 10 imo

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If we miss the playoffs again can we at least just suck balls completely instead of half assing it like everything this roster does?

I would love to waltz out of Montreal with one of Laf/Byfield/Raymond/Holtz.

Although I’d be perfectly fine with settling for Stutzle, he’s a beast.

Reactions: nafrelio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad