OT: The Music Thread

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Unreal. Kenny plays some of the best music ever. "Hotter the intensity" Some of the most iconic hockey music ever. That sax, c'mon now.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
This entire thread and no Kenny? What in the flying ****?

Top Gun: Maverick

Next summer!

giphy.gif

Reactions: jaysoneil

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I have seen reports that he is in fact in the movie.

Top Gun: Maverick (2020) - IMDb
You had me at "report." I'm in.

Now can we get Meg Ryan pre plastic surgery?

I know Goose is dead (spoiler alert), but will Slider, Merlin, Viper, and Jester be back? I can't forget about Cougar. Did he recover from PTSD?

Miles Teller is an incredible actor, but Whiplash should be practicing his drums ... or just make his call sign, "Whiplash."

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You had me at "report." I'm in.

Now can we get Meg Ryan pre plastic surgery?

I know Goose is dead (spoiler alert), but will Slider, Merlin, Viper, and Jester be back? I can't forget about Cougar. Did he recover from PTSD?

Not sure about the rest.

I am not a huge movie theater person but I will be there first night.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

In honor of my new car. Like the man said, “I’d rather be ridin’ than walkin’”

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What did you get?

I appreciate you asking, but I don’t want to disclose exactly what it is. The new features that are common on the new cars like USB port and touch screen are amazing. It has plush leather seats too. I usually do not like leather furniture or car seats because they tend to be stiff and wear easily. These are nice. Also like the safety camera and its amazing resolution. Was driving a beater to try to save money but like the saleswoman said, I should be driving something nice. Loved working with her on this. The whole experience was great, would definitely recommend everyone upgrade their ride if they drive a lot.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I appreciate you asking, but I don’t want to disclose exactly what it is. The new features that are common on the new cars like USB port and touch screen are amazing. It has plush leather seats too. I usually do not like leather furniture or car seats because they tend to be stiff and wear easily. These are nice. Also like the safety camera and its amazing resolution. Was driving a beater to try to save money but like the saleswoman said, I should be driving something nice. Loved working with her on this. The whole experience was great, would definitely recommend everyone upgrade their ride if they drive a lot.

Fair enough. I am going to assume a Tesla.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I feel like I should be more excited about Tool's new album next month, but I'm not really feeling much hype at all. Not sure why.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I feel like I should be more excited about Tool's new album next month, but I'm not really feeling much hype at all. Not sure why.
Because poop like Old Town Road gets hyped for 17 weeks. I get the spoof, but enough is enough.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Curious more than anything. I enjoy their shows a ton. And they are finally putting their catalog on iTunes, etc.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Curious more than anything. I enjoy their shows a ton. And they are finally putting their catalog on iTunes, etc.
Yeah same prog rock/metal has progressed (duh dun chhhh) a lot, really curious for what this album sounds like.

On another note fans of rock should check out my buddies in Gazebo Effect, they play out in chicago/surrounding area a couple times a month or more and are always a good time. They just put out a really well done cover of house of the rising sun as well.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Greatest live performance in SNL history

I like a lot of The Weeknd's songs, including "Starboy" but the "real" Starboy is a guy named Wizkid who has many good songs too. Here's one that we did a few years back with another artist named Patoranking.

Another favorite is a young lady from Melbourne Australia named Tash Sultana who was a solo act street musician who got big after uploading this song (Jungle) to Youtube. She writes and performs all her own stuff and plays all the tracks on her songs by layering loops - really cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSting

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Another favorite is a young lady from Melbourne Australia named Tash Sultana who was a solo act street musician who got big after uploading this song (Jungle) to Youtube. She writes and performs all her own stuff and plays all the tracks on her songs by layering loops - really cool

I love Tash, she’s amazing. Should be seeing her in a couple weeks at red rocks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad