OT: The Music Thread: Side B - B Sides and Otherwise

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Last concert was in Vegas pre-COVID and saw Lady Gaga's fantastic Jazz show (saw Willie Nelson there too). Great song selection and musicians were superb.

I'm a big Jazz/late 50's to mid 60's fan so every day part of Sinatra, Lee, Darin, Ella, Louie, Garland, Dinah Washington, Nat Cole, Tony Bennett and other's (ie Clooney has a great mid 50's album with Duke Ellington called Blue Rose) album/song set is played.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndp and DaveG

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I only discovered him recently, but I already consider him one of the best songwriters making music today. If We Were Vampires is spectacular. I was listening to it several times a day for the first week or so after I heard it.

I discovered him in early 2019, and agree. His music is incredible.

• Love
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The high school church youth wanted me to listen to Taylor Swift and music from the Barbie movie last week during our yearly high school Christian conference.

I mean, I won't say it sucked but I just don't get the appeal with Taylor Swift anymore. Well, actually I do but I'm just not a fan. Her old stuff is whatever, her new stuff is, woof. The Barbie soundtrack was kind of not bad.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
^ Speaking of women's music: Like her fellow Canadian Neil Young, Joni Mitchell is now off Spotify. I was gonna make a playlist of my top dozen women's albums but my #1 is not available. Here's my #s 2-12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad