OT: The Music Thread: Side B - B Sides and Otherwise

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I haven't been to concert since I saw Weird Al when I was still living in Tennessee but if anyone hasn't ever seen him live I can't recommend it highly enough. Even if you're not a mega fan of his (which i totally am but understand its not for everyone) he puts on spectacular performances

Yep. I saw him at a fair in Woodstock, CT probably 15 years ago. Free show. IDK how they got him to play there to be honest.

Reactions: AD Skinner

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
As far as current pop music is concerned, I think this girl is hugely talented in a pretty standout way. If any of you guys have leanings toward disco like I do, she'd be up your alley.

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Hadn't been to a show in 15 plus years then in 2018 my Step son got tickets for me and him to see BLS, CoC, and Red Fang at the Ritz for Christmas, Black Stone Cherry played our local place in summer and we went, I got us tickets to see BLS, CoC, and Eye hate God in Lynchburg, finally the end the year I got 4 tickets to see FFPD and Breaking Benjamin from Vet tix and saw them in Fayetteville. By the way if you are a vet or 1st responder and don't know about this group they get donated tickets and raffle them off to vets and 1st responders. Basically you sign up and get tokens for being a member, browsing their page and other things then you bet those tokens to win tickets. If you don't win the tickets you get you tokens back.

PM me and I will send you a link we will both get extra tokens if you sign up that way.

Reactions: hockeynjune

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010

If you'd want to, you could crush me
You could destroy me whole
But sheltered away
Is this cove

If you'd wish to
You could make me
Fall apart
Waste away small
That's what calms me
Deep water
Doesn't scare me

Take away the arms, y'all
I'll give away
Anything I can
Defend myself with

Without you
I'd be in a fog
Without you
I'd be rain

I'm resting on the waves
I know you won't disappear

If you'd want to, you could crush me
You could destroy me whole
But sheltered away
Is this cove

Take away the arms, y'all
I'll give away
Anything I can
Defend myself with

Without you
I'd be in a fog
Without you
I'd be rain

I'm resting on the waves
I'm resting on the waves

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
@Surrounded By Ahos It's a ghost story about a young girl named Laura Häkkinen. The narrator is a singer who sees her next to a dance pavillion; he's haunted by her eyes but can't find her after the gig. A bouncer tells him that she is the ghost of a young woman who drowned in the lake next to the pavillion.

It's a tale that couldn't be more Finnish if it tried, accompanied by music that is a Finnish take on Americana. That's J. Karjalainen in a nutshell.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Saw this recently on The Tonight Show; I had never heard of Wolf Alice before. No idea about the rest of their stuff but I really liked this.

Wolf Alice - The Last Man On Earth (From The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon) - YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad