Pre-Game Talk: The more things change the more they stay the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi have combined for 1 goal together at 5v5 since being put together.
To be fair, they’ve played two frickin games and the first game they looked dominant together.

For the record, I am in favour of either reuniting the DRY line or moving Nuge to cover the bleeding chest wound that is 3C.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
If Tippett is so committed to keeping Nuge with McDavid for the sake of "balance," I think it's time to seriously consider replacing Kahun on the second line.

I think that line needs a big body to work. What about Neal? If not, maybe Kassian or Yamamoto can switch to the left side because Kassian seems to work with Draisaitl.

Kahun as done dick all on that line and needs to be demoted.

Reactions: gordonhught

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Because both lines are productive right now and the loss on RNH on Draisaitls line hasn't really slowed down his offense, but has given McDavid a decent linemate to work with.

If we stack everyone on Draisaitl's line who does McDavid play with?

Mcdavid has proven to be productive with players like Rattie, Yakupov, Maroon, Kassian etc on his line. Generational talents make players better. Look at Pittsburgh. Malkin gets the best wingers while Crosby gets the rookies and project players and he ends up making those guys rich.

I think Mcdavid should play with Neal-JP. Neal can play the garbage goal, Maroon role and JP is big, fast and skilled and is looking decent so far this year.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Shuffling around the lines and D pairings will for sure stop koskinen from letting in a a mind numbly deflating softy goal that sets the tone for the game.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
How do they know until they try it? Clearly what they're doing now isn't working.
Right. As an added effect, if the line clicks again, it keeps Yamo's confidence and production up. Young players can be pretty fragile when they're producing at a certain pace and then it declines. Although 6pt in 9 games is decent. Tobias blows btw...

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
LOL he's been saying to go back to that line earlier now changes his story.

He isn't necessarily saying don't go back to it, just that they may not be saviors like they were last year. It still might be the best option for the lineup, but it doesn't mean they'll click the same way as before.

I hope they try it again, but I agree with Gregor that it is unlikely that they succeed at the same level on another stint together.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If they can split this series with Toronto,they get Ottawa for 4 of the next five, and that could absolutely do wonders for everything from a confidence standpoint.

Or they could get swept by Ottawa and even I'd have to agree that would be that.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
He’s refusing to try the only line that worked for us in the last year.

he’s not out of answers, he’s stubborn.

There must be something to that.. like
Mcdavid demanding RNH on his line

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
He isn't necessarily saying don't go back to it, just that they may not be saviors like they were last year. It still might be the best option for the lineup, but it doesn't mean they'll click the same way as before.

I hope they try it again, but I agree with Gregor that it is unlikely that they succeed at the same level on another stint together.

Yes they probably won't be that good (succeed at that level) but to not go back to that line, going back to the playoffs, is still baffling. To not play that line because they won't be that good again is stupid. We all know the bigger issues are the PK, defense, bottom 6, and goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad