Pre-Game Talk: The more things change the more they stay the same

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Tippett is so committed to keeping Nuge with McDavid for the sake of "balance," I think it's time to seriously consider replacing Kahun on the second line.

I think that line needs a big body to work. What about Neal? If not, maybe Kassian or Yamamoto can switch to the left side because Kassian seems to work with Draisaitl.
I think another game or two and Neal will get the bump. Think they are still watching his minutes though.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Because both lines are productive right now and the loss on RNH on Draisaitls line hasn't really slowed down his offense, but has given McDavid a decent linemate to work with.

If we stack everyone on Draisaitl's line who does McDavid play with?

Wait what? Neither line is productive right now. McDavid and Drai are putting up points on the PP or the odd shift they are playing together.

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi have combined for 1 goal together at 5v5 since being put together.

Kahun-Drai-Yamamoto have combined for 1 goal together at 5v5 in the last 8 games.

Neither line is pissing a drop.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
another Oilers loss tomorrow and TML are pretty much in the playoffs putting away Oil, fLames and Sens.

They could start resting their top guys for playoffs ..ha..haa... haaa...

:(

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Chop balance, carry f***ing whatever.

I think I'll set an alarm on my Nintendo Switch to play Ring Fit Adventure. Planking is less painful than watching the Oilers.

"Balance" is now up there with "Visually better", "If anyone knows anything about winning...", "Evaluate" and of course "Chop wood" as all-time franchise fail memes. Tippett should be proud he's reached the Mount Rushmore of stupid Oiler idioms so quickly into his tenure, that's not an easy thing to do.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
"Balance" is now up there with "Visually better", "If anyone knows anything about winning...", "Evaluate" and of course "Chop wood" as all-time franchise fail memes. Tippett should be proud he's reached the Mount Rushmore of stupid Oiler idioms so quickly into his tenure, that's not an easy thing to do.
In fairness to Tippett, I wouldn't rag on him for balance.... if the team was winning. We're not. I don't understand why he's so stubborn about this one thing.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
In fairness to Tippett, I wouldn't rag on him for balance.... if the team was winning. We're not. I don't understand why he's so stubborn about this one thing.

What gets me is that it's not like we the fans are pushing for a hypothetical somebody dreamed up in a video game. We have SEEN this line. We know this line works. We also know Connor's individual production isn't drastically impacted because it actually forces teams to match two units, not just one. Yet Tippett is out here, loss after loss, preaching "balance". It's abjectly, objectively stupid.

Reactions: Duke74

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
What gets me is that it's not like we the fans are pushing for a hypothetical somebody dreamed up in a video game. We have SEEN this line. We know this line works. We also know Connor's individual production isn't drastically impacted because it actually forces teams to match two units, not just one. Yet Tippett is out here, loss after loss, preaching "balance". It's abjectly, objectively stupid.
Right, it carried the Oilers even as McDavid was injured. I distinctly remember when he actually re-united that line during the play-in series, the Hawks had no answer for it and were lucky we didn't tie that game.

But no he won't use it for "Balance" when the top two lines aren't even producing 5-on-5.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
We have added Kahun, Puljujarvi and Turris this season. Use them to balance top 9 after uniting DRY.

such a moron costing us playins and now this season.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
We have added Kahun, Puljujarvi and Turris this season. Use them to balance top 9 after uniting DRY.

such a moron costing us playins and now this season.

It’s the team not the coaches

players are not good enough, except for koskinen

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brave sir Robin does the thread, at least not the @Cloned thread dread.

Thanks @5 Mins 4 Ftg

my Op would be done by now. This is it:

Oilers vs Leafs, sometime tomorrow in some timezone. Resumed in progress, or no progress..

Merely a Pre Game Thread. However I have some ideas for a GDT but then I cant photoshop.

I hope Western Themed Pre Game threads are banned because they are now 0-3....right @Cloned

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad