Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
giphy.gif
weird-30-rock-death-brjQAYiFPBpWE

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Bench archibald already and play bouchard. Give him some damn robax and call it a day.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
16 days into the season and the coach is out of answers.

The coach is oblivious to the question even.

We all, even myself, assume the coaching/management group know more than we do. But with how strange Tippetts coaching has been I'm convinced an untrained monkey would make better coaching decisions than him. Or a magic 8 ball.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
So do the majority of people think Tippett is just being a stubborn egomaniac by refusing to put the DRY line together, or do we think there's something more to it?

I can't figure out why Tipp would soil his reputation as a coach and sink a team he came out of retirement to help cause ego. It makes no sense.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
So do the majority of people think Tippett is just being a stubborn egomaniac by refusing to put the DRY line together, or do we think there's something more to it?

I can't figure out why Tipp would soil his reputation as a coach and sink a team he came out of retirement to help cause ego. It makes no sense.

Because both lines are productive right now and the loss on RNH on Draisaitls line hasn't really slowed down his offense, but has given McDavid a decent linemate to work with.

If we stack everyone on Draisaitl's line who does McDavid play with?

Reactions: nturn06

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
So the one change is to sit the only fourth liner who looked ok defensively last night. Yup, sounds legit.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Because both lines are productive right now and the loss on RNH on Draisaitls line hasn't really slowed down his offense, but has given McDavid a decent linemate to work with.

So if both lines are producing why is everyone and their dog begging for the DRY line? It doesn't address the bottom six at all.

Reactions: sepHF and Leo360

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton

Drai’s line has been good in the sense that it outscore opposition when they’re on the ice. That line will be good for zero or +1 goal differential on most nights. However it’s not going to help the Oilers win games because the rest of the team is terrible. They need a line that has a threat to score 2-3 times a night, which is a tall task, but the DRY line was able to do it. Moving RNH to the second line gives us one really good line and slightly downgrade McDavids line. McDavid is more of a one man offence so I don’t see his production dropping significantly without Nuge.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On Reid's tweet at this point I don't see much reason for Koskinen to even practice. Outside of maybe taking some shots on him from different angles to work on his glove.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If Tippett is so committed to keeping Nuge with McDavid for the sake of "balance," I think it's time to seriously consider replacing Kahun on the second line.

I think that line needs a big body to work. What about Neal? If not, maybe Kassian or Yamamoto can switch to the left side because Kassian seems to work with Draisaitl.

Reactions: nturn06 and Sanchez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad