The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He was bad yesterday. Too soft on the puck and created a lot of turnovers. The 5th goal was all on him after being soft behind the net.

He was better today but he could do way better at even strength

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How deep do you think the Remparts could go? I'm assuming if they run into Halifax they're in trouble.

I really don't know but they shouldn't run into Halifax until the final.

I believe they'll go through the 1st round.

In the 2nd round, it should be against Rimouski. I'm confident they could win that series.

Quebec shouldn't face Halifax until the final as I believe Moncton will go all the way to the semi-final and they should face Halifax. Quebec finishing ahead of Moncton was huge.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I think Kadri is a good example of players who were rushed by recovered. Grigs is gonna be fine.
How was Kadri rushed?
This season was the first that he made the Leafs out of camp and he's on the final year of his ELC.
He's had to take his lumps in the minors for the majority of his professional career thus far and was whipped into the player he is today by Dallas Eakins.
Neither his style nor his attitude were conducive to success in the NHL.

Plus, I wouldn't get too hyped up on him and his 20% shooting percentage or his well above average PDO of 1088.

Last edited:

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Another 3 point Night for Grigs. 1g 2a. Remparts are up 2-1 in their series. I'm glad he's tearing it up. Hopefully he gains some of that confidence back and brings it into next season.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
How did he look last game?

Invisible for most of the game but he always has a player shadowing him since the beginning of this series. I guess it's still good that he has 8 points in 3 games with a player shadowing him. Jaskin in Moncton is getting the same treatment but he only has an assist in 3 games.

And Grigorenko never looked good on Chicoutimi's olympic size ice.

Mergus merganser

Oct 23, 2006
Another goal and an assist tonight. So that is 2g, 8a, 10 P in just 4 GP this series and 14 points in 5 GP since he was returned to juniors....

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Another goal and an assist tonight. So that is 2g, 8a, 10 P in just 4 GP this series and 14 points in 5 GP since he was returned to juniors....

What a bust. Glad to hear he's playing well in his return. I'm half hoping Quebec's playoff run doesn't go too deep so we get a chance to see him in the AHL this year though.

Mergus merganser

Oct 23, 2006
Invisible for most of the game but he always has a player shadowing him since the beginning of this series. I guess it's still good that he has 8 points in 3 games with a player shadowing him. Jaskin in Moncton is getting the same treatment but he only has an assist in 3 games.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I'm not watching the games, but how can a player with 10 points in 4 games look invisible? Seems like after every game you come on here and tell us how bad he looks. The kid is 2nd in leaguewide scoring and is +5, what more do you want from him?

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
What a bust. Glad to hear he's playing well in his return. I'm half hoping Quebec's playoff run doesn't go too deep so we get a chance to see him in the AHL this year though.

On the other hand a deep championship run even at his level might do him a lot of good. While I don't know I'm not so sure the Amerks are in a position for a deep run this year. Again I'm not sure as I don't know the Amerks team that well.

Mergus merganser

Oct 23, 2006
On the other hand a deep championship run even at his level might do him a lot of good. While I don't know I'm not so sure the Amerks are in a position for a deep run this year. Again I'm not sure as I don't know the Amerks team that well.

Not sure, but can't many of the sabres players return to the AHL after the season? E.g. Foligno, CoHo, Flynn, Porter, ect who started in the AHL this season? I know Flynn, Porter, and Pysyk can, not so sure about CoHo and Foligno. If they can, no reason Rochester can't make a run.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I'm not saying you're wrong, because I'm not watching the games, but how can a player with 10 points in 4 games look invisible? Seems like after every game you come on here and tell us how bad he looks. The kid is 2nd in leaguewide scoring and is +5, what more do you want from him?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing too...

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

I'm trying to figure out the same thing too...

I would guess because he's not making any spectacular plays just accumulating the points, especially as he hasn't scored many goals. Its kind of like Adam Oates / Joe Thornton, neither ever looks all that great in most games but then you look at the stat sheet and go oh crap how'd he pick up 2 points.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Not sure, but can't many of the sabres players return to the AHL after the season? E.g. Foligno, CoHo, Flynn, Porter, ect who started in the AHL this season? I know Flynn, Porter, and Pysyk can, not so sure about CoHo and Foligno. If they can, no reason Rochester can't make a run.

CoHo and Foligno can be returned to Rochester. They are waiver exempt. They could put together a pretty disgusting lineup, especially if Assat (Armia) and Quebec (Grigs) are eliminated early from their respective leagues' playoffs.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo

He probably wants to see him put forth more effort. I can see what he's saying to be true. He floats around a lot, his talent is great which is why he can put up points easily. He needs to increase his intensity for sure. SC74 is probably the most unbiased poster I've seen on Grigs. Praises him when he deserves it and doesn't when he doesn't.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Craig Button said that he really liked his game and liked the fact that he was shooting the puck more, also mentioned how talented and slick he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad