The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It was his second terrible game, I'm still saying he wasn't that way in the other 4... even though 2 out of 6 is too many bad games.

Not going to criticize him too much for that though, I did expect him to be searching for his game in the 1st round... I don't remember if my comment to that effect was on here or elsewhere.

His (and the team's) «true» test is starting friday.

He wasn't horrible in any of the games. He wasn't good defensively in any of them though. I thought today was his best game defensively.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I am starting to fear this kid won't ever reach the potential his skills afford him.

Valid concern. He may lack the drive. He looked great in the WJC, though. Time will tell. I wouldn't read to much into it just yet.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Valid concern. He may lack the drive. He looked great in the WJC, though. Time will tell. I wouldn't read to much into it just yet.

I remember Pierre Turgeon all too well. Ooodles of skill, the drive was lacking. I was looking for him to take the demotion and try to prove the team wrong. Instead, he was lippy upon being re-assigned and has seemingly checked out again when things matter. This team needs players who want to make a difference, not what we're seeing from Grigorenko.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I'm very disappointed. Especially when I see Rouyn's Andrighetto. He's so dominant on the ice. He makes the difference in every game. Grigorenko creates turnovers and doesn't create much offense.

He's 20 years old, 2 years older than Grigo. The 20 year old players in the CHL are always better

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's 20 years old, 2 years older than Grigo. The 20 year old players in the CHL are always are better

Yet the point remains -- Grigorenko has a long way to go regarding both his effort and playing a smart game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I remember Pierre Turgeon all too well. Ooodles of skill, the drive was lacking. I was looking for him to take the demotion and try to prove the team wrong. Instead, he was lippy upon being re-assigned and has seemingly checked out again when things matter. This team needs players who want to make a difference, not what we're seeing from Grigorenko.

I feel ya.

At least Armia is looking to be a gamer!:yo:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
....when he decides to show up.

Have you been following his play recently? He was a HUGE part of his teams playoff push and he's performed extremely well in the playoffs. He shows up for big games.

Sorry for derailing the thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Have you been following his play recently? He was a HUGE part of his teams playoff push and he's performed extremely well in the playoffs. He shows up for big games.

Sorry for derailing the thread

The knock on Armia is his consistency from shift to shift. Similar to Grigorenko in that regard, albeit different players. Yes, Joel's been playing better, but it still something to consider before putting a shine on either of these guys.

WNY to NoVA

May 16, 2011
love the bunch of folks here looking at stat sheets and declaring the state of the sabres franchise for years to come

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The knock on Armia is his consistency from shift to shift. Similar to Grigorenko in that regard, albeit different players. Yes, Joel's been playing better, but it still something to consider before putting a shine on either of these guys.

I see. I haven't watched him on a shift to shift basis. I'm higher on him than I am Grigs, though. We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad