The Mighty Auston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think it's just the way the bounce goes. Although marleau has been pretty trash.

This game alone, Matthews set up Kappy in the slot point blank twice.
Matthews also had a point blank shot. There were other good chances. He just didn't bury them. I'm not worried about the offence Sans marleau that does worry me a bit.

More annoyed at his meh d zone effort this game and prolly the other two as well. He gets back but isn't always trying as hard as he could be which is a bit annoying.

agreed, he needs to be better on d. he's shown that he can be very good before.

member 300185

Believe it or not, but Fortnite is having affects. Guys are playing all night long on game nights. Getting to bed at 4am and then up in a few hours for morning skate. Matthews, Kappy and Brown are known big players but Nylander will also be when he gets back. I can't wait until the Fortnite fad runs out.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
It's a nice stat, but in the grand scheme of things I don't know how honest it is. I'd wager most of those takeaways are in the neutral zone. Matty's in-zone defense is the source of recent concern.

i disagree. Matty is a fine defensively.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Believe it or not, but Fortnite is having affects. Guys are playing all night long on game nights. Getting to bed at 4am and then up in a few hours for morning skate. Matthews, Kappy and Brown are known big players but Nylander will also be when he gets back. I can't wait until the Fortnite fad runs out.
It's the pacman!

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013

I’m pretty sure you’re being sarcastic or trolling but it’s going around the league so it’s hard to tell... but the only fad is people / media blaming fortenite for teams / players bad games / lack of success

I’m sure epic games is happy though getting all this free marketing

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Injured. I think he might need surgery or something. Just get it done and hopefully come back to full health by 2020. Another season gone to the gutter.

Matthews is a China doll. I gave him about a 25% chance of playing a full season. It's probably the same shoulder he's had trouble with in the past

Reactions: TMLS

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Shoulder on Shoulder hit by Trouba ?

Must have been the Left shoulder.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
another season gone to the gutter. i wonder if he'll ever get more than 70 points. or even really have much of a career. that shoulder will give at some point.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Injured. I think he might need surgery or something. Just get it done and hopefully come back to full health by 2020. Another season gone to the gutter.

Might be a little premature to write the entire year off.

But he's definitely injury prone. If I was an opposing team, the game plan would just be to constantly have every player finish their checks on him and put contact on him. He doesn't get touched very often, but when he does it usually results in him being injured unfortunately.

Reactions: TMLS

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Looked like a dislocated shoulder. Hopefully he comes back soon enough.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Looked like a dislocated shoulder. Hopefully he comes back soon enough.

The Detroit Pistons Luke Kennard ran into a player (pick) a few days ago on his right shoulder and will miss 2 weeks minimum. This looked like a much harder hit. He needs to get that shoulder tightened up or it will continue to be an issue.

member 262271

If Auston is out long term, this team is in for a real test without Nylander as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad