The Michael Ryder Thread

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ryder and Gionta might be enough for people who like it as it is...but if we want to move FORWARD....those guys won't be part of us aspiring to better things...And no...don't tell me how can you be higher than 1st place...'Cause then you'd actually have to STAY there....in a 82 game season...AND go far in the playoffs.

Ryder does have stats. Fine. But his really subar defensive play and often uninspiring overall play won't be enough when it counts the most.

I agree on Ryder. He just coasted instead of hustling on the Stamkos goal. Most of the Habs forwards would have busted their ass and probably got a stick on the shot or had him rush it a second early. And Ryder does that a lot.

Totally DIS-agree on Gionta. He is playing like a real captain. Always hustles, gets VERY tough minutes against the top line of the opponents all the time. Still on a 25 goal pace for a full season. No problem with his contribution at all.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Glad to see Ryder shut up all the haters.

Leads the team in points.

Goal and 7 assists in 7 games for a "one trick pony" who is only good for his shot. :laugh:

and we got a 3rd.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Goal and 7 assists in 7 games for a "one trick pony" who is only good for his shot. :laugh:

and we got a 3rd.

Ryder is involved with a great many goals. :amazed:

He's a deceptive player...

The bashers will be silenced soon.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

No kidding. There is a lot of fail on this thread.:nod:

Another quiet but effective game from Ryder. And that is all we need from him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's now got 18 points in his last 13 games and the Habs offense has been averaging over 4 goals/game since his arrival (5+6+4+3+4+4+5).

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Ryder gets my vote as biggest slacker/one trick pony,now if only the Habs can find a herd of these one trickponies,they would win their 25th SC.Ryder with 8 goals and 15 assists for 23 pts. in 26 games.:nod::nod::nod:

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

He has been more noticeable the last few games. But even when he seemed to be floating around he was getting points. Maybe Ryder is a good luck charm.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Wow its not the same Michael Ryder that we got used to when he was a Hab. Wow Bergevin hited a home run

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Ryder has never been one to be afraid to go into corners and he has been doing a good job retrieving pucks. He is simply a great asset when he isn't your go-to guy. The trade just gets better and better, so happy for him to 100 goals (101 now :)) wearing the CH.

Habtchum*

I won't jinx Ryder's present performance.

I will continue to say that he is a one trick pony.

;)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I never, EVER, thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to having both Bourque and Ryder in our lineup.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ryder is a good player and was used poorly by Carbo but was a big part of Bostons cup run. He is looking for a contract so obviously it would be in his best interests to play like he wants one. MB is no fool and saw that Cole was not interested any more and jumped on an opportunity to shed some salary and gain a good player and a draft pick. We are in good hands, winning starts at the top and this was just one of many good moves yet to come. Go Habs!!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And again, after a performance against the Panthers. Yes, he has a lot of points lately. If people remember...I was extremely glad about that trade. But you judge a player's performance when the going gets tough. Mind you, we have to give to Ryder what he is doing, which is racking points. He's still not extremely present defensively. He is not extremely overall physical. But he is opportunistic offensively. We have to give him that. But you'll never going to make me believe that he's that perfect complete player when he really is not. He's still missing a whole lot of his wristers that a scorer like him shouldn't miss. But got those 2 deflections that at least makes him important to the team to this point.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Ryder and Gionta might be enough for people who like it as it is...but if we want to move FORWARD....those guys won't be part of us aspiring to better things...And no...don't tell me how can you be higher than 1st place...'Cause then you'd actually have to STAY there....in a 82 game season...AND go far in the playoffs.

Ryder does have stats. Fine. But his really subar defensive play and often uninspiring overall play won't be enough when it counts the most.

So I'm guessing you missed the playoffs when Boston won the Cup. Or you shut your eyes every time Ryder was on the ice. This is not the same Ryder who left Montreal and even that Ryder was a pretty decent hockey player.

Ryder is an improvement over Cole. With that trade Bergevin improved his team in so many ways.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Cole tonight
18:59 TOI
2 shots
no shot blocks
0% faceoffs won
0 fights
0 high fives
0 princesses saved from dragons
0 dogs neutered
0 terrorists killed

Look at all those zeros, wtf did he do all game? :amazed:

He was tutoring his daughter with her arithmetic. 4.5 million X 2 = 9 good reasons not to retire.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
always hated him

was glad when he finally left

was not happy with the trade (for player straight up, the cap space and 3rd round pick are just icing)

still think hes a bit too slow compared to coles great speed

but the man is slowly shutting me up...

cole had tunnel vision, couldnt make a pass to save his life... and his wrister was always kind of weak

ryder it seems really knows how to pass now, which is a good sight, scores 2 goals and not 1 with his "lethal wrist shot" lol, ...really cant complain.

Habtchum*

and we got a 3rd.

"haters"...

Do people on this board have other words in their vocabulary to describe people who don't necessaraly share their point of view about a particular player ?

It's not a matter of "hating". It is just a matter of evaluation.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
"haters"...

Do people on this board have other words in their vocabulary to describe people who don't necessaraly share their point of view about a particular player ?

It's not a matter of "hating". It is just a matter of evaluation.

Way too lazy to quote or find the posts, but if you read the Cole traded for Ryder thread, countless people posted that they "hated" Ryder. Couldn't understand it myself.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Way too lazy to quote or find the posts, but if you read the Cole traded for Ryder thread, countless people posted that they "hated" Ryder. Couldn't understand it myself.

I remember that. I was in there defending Ryder. People were flaming him for not scoring in his 2nd game while Cole did. So fickle.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00