The Michael Ryder Thread

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
The adjustment excuse is bs. Therrien'style of hockey is not complicated at all. It' s just based on hard work, defensive awareness and team play.

Adjusting the a new system is very real. It's not an excuse. It's the truth. Remember he almost put up a PPG during his adjustment. Most coaches would call that good.

However he does need to step up his play. The time for adjustments is over.

Habtchum*

Adjusting the a new system is very real. It's not an excuse. It's the truth. Remember he almost put up a PPG during his adjustment. Most coaches would call that good.

However he does need to step up his play. The time for adjustments is over.

3 secondary passes in a losing cause and overall uninspired play.

The guy is just pouting about that trade.

Habtchum*

Yeah, that must be it.

What did he have for breakfast this morning anyways? Did he speak out about how much he misses Dallas?

Must be fun being his P.A.

:sarcasm:

Easy lazy reply, man.

In the meantime, Cole played 19:20 minutes last nite, the most by a Stars' forward. Not bad for 34 yo who was running out of gas in Montreal.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Easy lazy reply, man.

In the meantime, Cole played 19:20 minutes last nite, the most by a Stars' forward. Not bad for 34 yo who was running out of gas in Montreal.

How was his reply any lazier than yours? What the hell do you know about Ryder's feelings? You don't know anything, so stop acting like you can see into his mind.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Easy lazy reply, man.

What do you expect? You dismiss his reasonable production despite adjusting to a new team mid-season, and state something as a fact which you have absolutely no way of knowing, unless you are his P.A.

It's not always black or white. Ryder has been o.k. since coming over. No need to press the panic button just yet, he's played less than 10 games with the team.

Habtchum*

What do you expect? You dismiss his reasonable production despite adjusting to a new team mid-season, and state something as a fact which you have absolutely no way of knowing, unless you are his P.A.

It's not always black or white. Ryder has been o.k. since coming over. No need to press the panic button just yet, he's played less than 10 games with the team.

90% of all the posts on this board are speculations. I have the right to speculate that Ryder ain'ty happy to be back in Montreal. After having been their best goal scorer last season and their best point getter this season, do yoy really think he was overjoyed being traded ?

If you would have yourself to trade Cole for any other players of the same caliber in the whole NHL, would you have taken Ryder ? Be frank, please.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Well the difference between Ryder and Cole is that Ryder got 4 passes in 4 games. While Cole has 6 points in 19 games.

Ryder is definitely sucking right now. Bit Cole was sucking way more.

Habtchum*

Well the difference between Ryder and Cole is that Ryder got 4 passes in 4 games. While Cole has 6 points in 19 games.

Ryder is definitely sucking right now. Bit Cole was sucking way more.

You know darn well that stats is not everything. He got 3 secondary passes in one game- that Habs lost, By the way, and was benched yesterday nite and played around 8 minutes.

Cole played 19:20 yesterday nite, the most by a Stars forward. Must mean something.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Don't like Ryder at all, but he can score goals, but unlike Cole when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything. And I don't think Mtl even wanted him, I believe that Bergevin wanted to get rid of Cole contract, and have no plans for Ryder after this year. If Bergevin uses the money well, I have no problem dealing with Ryder for the rest of the year. But its clear, he isn't a MT type player.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
You know darn well that stats is not everything. He got 3 secondary passes in one game- that Habs lost, By the way, and was benched yesterday nite and played around 8 minutes.

Cole played 19:20 yesterday nite, the most by a Stars forward. Must mean something.

For someone who seems to know dam well that stats aren't everything, I find your constant elusion to his secondary passes curious.

His secondary pass that set up the Pleks goal was absolute all hard work. He raced all the way down the ice for the puck in the corner, won the battle, took his man down, and got the puck over to Chucky who was perfectly in place to set up Pleks for the goal

Secondary assist, but as you have said, stats aren't everything. In this case, hard work was

Habtchum*

Don't like Ryder at all, but he can score goals, but unlike Cole when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything. And I don't think Mtl even wanted him, I believe that Bergevin wanted to get rid of Cole contract, and have no plans for Ryder after this year. If Bergevin uses the money well, I have no problem dealing with Ryder for the rest of the year. But its clear, he isn't a MT type player.

So, how can a player perform if he has that idea in the back of his head ? Ryder is already a one-trick poney. They tried to play him on LW yesterday nite, with the results we know.

Why wait the end of the season to get rid of him ? He doesn't feel wanted. Probably did not want to be traded.

Get another pick or a robust d-man for him.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
So, how can a player perform if he has that idea in the back of his head ? Ryder is already a one-trick poney. They tried to play him on LW yesterday nite, with the results we know.

Why wait the end of the season to get rid of him ? He doesn't feel wanted. Probably did not want to be traded.

Get another pick or a robust d-man for him.

He does it because it is a contract year. If he wants to get paid, whether by the Habs or another team, he needs to perform. That's motivation enough, regardless of what team he is on

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
90% of all the posts on this board are speculations. I have the right to speculate that Ryder ain'ty happy to be back in Montreal. After having been their best goal scorer last season and their best point getter this season, do yoy really think he was overjoyed being traded ?

I have every right to speculate that your speculation is baseless. Works both ways.
He said he was happy to be back in Montreal, so I guess I'll take his word for it.
If you would have yourself to trade Cole for any other players of the same caliber in the whole NHL, would you have taken Ryder ? Be frank, please.

Depends on the situation. Am I looking to acquire cap space? If so, I would have done the same deal as Bergevin.

Habtchum*

I have every right to speculate that your speculation is baseless. Works both ways.
He said he was happy to be back in Montreal, so I guess I'll take his word for it.

Depends on the situation. Am I looking to acquire cap space? If so, I would have done the same deal as Bergevin.

So let's agree to not agree about that trade and about Ryder.

Done deal ?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
So let's agree to not agree about that trade and about Ryder.

Done deal ?

Sure. I just find it funny that Ryder is getting criticized for his apparent uninspired play, even if he is new to the team, but Cole, the guy who produced uninspired play all year long is missed. A wee bit of a double standard right there don't ya think?

Anyways, the trade is done, so no point in lamenting over it. Hopefully Ryder kicks it up a notch, despite his decent production we all know he has more to offer.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I liked watching Cole play and hate watching Ryder play, so from the viewer's perspective we lost the trade.

So did I.

Cole could be bruising to play against.

That big night with Eller and AGalley just before the trade felt like something big was about to happen.

Cole should have been traded after the PO's.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If I was to guess I think MB had to sell high. Cole fresh off a 35 goal year is still worth a lot.

Cole in the offseason with the say equivalent of a 16 goal season, at 35 years of age with 2 more years at 4.5 per is a pretty tough sell.

I'm assuming that MB felt that Cole didn't have much left in the tank, and it's best to ditch his contract before we're stuck with it.

Had to be the reason, because production #'s aside, Cole is twice the player Ryder is. Ryder reminds me of a table hockey winger. North to south only and can shoot.

:biglaugh:

That's brilliant.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I said in another thread that Ryder will improve when bourque is back. He will move to RW and he will benefit from Bourque drawing coverage and doing dirty work. Ryder is not a complete player by any means, but my gut tells me he'll come alive in the post-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad