OT: The Menu Part II: What is a sandwich edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
spicymayo.jpg

Delicious! I think that makes almost every meal that has rice taste better.
Is Kewpie made by the same company that makes these awesomely disturbing commercials for cod roe?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
mayo and ranch are for fat poors

hence the massive popularity of both in the USA

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I mix sweet relish into tuna salad and eat PB & honey sandwiches. AMA!
I may have tried the PB and honey thing when I was younger. I've also sprinkled extra sugar on the PB. Now I just stick to strawberry jelly. Screw boring old grape.

Speaking of jelly, one year when I went up to the Adirondacks with some friends the owners of the cabin left us some homemade jellies and it was the first and only time I've had watermelon jelly. So damn good. If I'm doing plain old toast I gotta go with apple jelly. If available, straight up apple butter. God, I love apple and cinnamon anything. Favorite drink: hard cider and Fireball whiskey.

Reactions: Peter Man

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Trying to eat healthier-- and looking into varied stir fry combinations. Looking to try my hand at velveting the meat beforehand. I already make a really fun drunken noodles.

Today was simple. I had some chicken that needed cooking. Marinated with zesty Italian the day before, put in crockpot overnight. Eating with a dash of Yi Pin mustard for dip. Delicious. 3 item meal. Chicken. Bottle of Italian. Mustard packets left over from a Chinese food order.

Reactions: klutch

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I may have tried the PB and honey thing when I was younger. I've also sprinkled extra sugar on the PB. Now I just stick to strawberry jelly. Screw boring old grape.

Speaking of jelly, one year when I went up to the Adirondacks with some friends the owners of the cabin left us some homemade jellies and it was the first and only time I've had watermelon jelly. So damn good. If I'm doing plain old toast I gotta go with apple jelly. If available, straight up apple butter. God, I love apple and cinnamon anything. Favorite drink: hard cider and Fireball whiskey.

1)The secret is to let the honey sit on one slice for a few minutes so it becomes a little crunchy
2)Agreed with strawberry jelly over grape
3)Watermelon jelly sounds intriguing
4)I'm weird with apple stuff. I only like honey crisp apples and everything else apple flavored is meh, to me. Pumpkin pie>Apple pie

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
1)The secret is to let the honey sit on one slice for a few minutes so it becomes a little crunchy
2)Agreed with strawberry jelly over grape
3)Watermelon jelly sounds intriguing
4)I'm weird with apple stuff. I only like honey crisp apples and everything else apple flavored is meh, to me. Pumpkin pie>Apple pie
Pumpkin pie is good as well but if I don't have Cool Whip to go on it then I'm a sad panda. Apple pie with vanilla ice cream is god mode dessert to me.

Reactions: Peter Man

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm a Miracle Whip adherent, but I also enjoy Mayo.

When I was in a rush to get back outside during the summer months as a kid, I'd simply slap some Miracle Whip on some white bread, eat that Miracle Whip sandwich of tangy goodness and head right back outside. Minimal effort.

Reactions: WestrnPhlyr

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm a Miracle Whip adherent, but I also enjoy Mayo.

When I was in a rush to get back outside during the summer months as a kid, I'd simply slap some Miracle Whip on some white bread, eat that Miracle Whip sandwich of tangy goodness and head right back outside. Minimal effort.
I grew up with Miracle Whip in my tuna fish and didn't realize how much of a difference it made until I moved out on my own, mixed plain mayo in it, and wondered why it tasted like ass. Thanks for ruining multiple generations, grandma.

Reactions: Flyotes

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I like it when people go on the internet and pretend that grape jelly isn't the best jelly. Hilarious. Just like when people pretend that purple isn't the best power drink flavor, or black isn't the best variety of licorice. You bunch of comedians!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad