OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
4 cheese Alfredo pasta with scallops and butterfly shrimp topped with herb and butter.

image.jpg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Had a busy weekend.

Made caponata for the first time and it came out exactly as I wanted, the way my Sicilian grandmother used to make it

Made sauce and it was pretty good

Used that and leftover eggplant to make a nice side of cold eggplant slices, a little sauce on top, a little Parmesan cheese, and basil leaves.

And then made meatballs for the first time using my brand new air fryer. Came out surprisingly great.

Very successful, but unfortunately i forgot to take pictures.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I'm not a big fast food guy, but I've been seeing commercials for the new Maple Bacon Chicken Sandwhich at Wendy's. Was my birthday on Saturday, so I decided I was going to try it out.

Overall, it was pretty solid. Much better than I thought it would be, especially for fast food. Probably a solid 8.5/10.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I had Harvey's for the 1st time in like 15 years. I went with the chicken sandwich and a jr burger because I remember not liking their burgers.

Nothing has changed. Their burger meat sucks.

And because it's -26 C in Toronto, I ordered a chicken wrap to go so I could have that for supper and avoid going out again. It was good.

Oh, and I might have ordered the 4 piece mini cinnamon sugar donuts too. I have 1 left.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I had Harvey's for the 1st time in like 15 years. I went with the chicken sandwich and a jr burger because I remember not liking their burgers.

Nothing has changed. Their burger meat sucks.

And because it's -26 C in Toronto, I ordered a chicken wrap to go so I could have that for supper and avoid going out again. It was good.

Oh, and I might have ordered the 4 piece mini cinnamon sugar donuts too. I have 1 left.

Safe to assume Harvey's is like a Canadian Wendy's or similar?

Also, you can't quit at 3 donuts. Put on the big boy pants.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Safe to assume Harvey's is like a Canadian Wendy's or similar?

Also, you can't quit at 3 donuts. Put on the big boy pants.
Not sure on the Harveys thing....because we have Wendy's which is 10 times better.

And don't worry, that 4th donut has been polished off. And by big boy pants, I hope you mean sweat pants. I need the elastic now!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not sure on the Harveys thing....because we have Wendy's which is 10 times better.

And don't worry, that 4th donut has been polished off. And by big boy pants, I hope you mean sweat pants. I need the elastic now!

Just meant that it was some sort of fast food, not touching on quality, per se. Though if it's 10x worse than Wendy's, that probably puts it at Carl's Jr level.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just meant that it was some sort of fast food, not touching on quality, per se. Though if it's 10x worse than Wendy's, that probably puts it at Carl's Jr level.
The good part of it, is that you put whatever you want on your burger for toppings. But the quality of the meat was not good. As a former Wendy's Mgr and Dairy Queen employee, theirs is much better. Here is an image. Looks good, but look at the meat. Processed pre-frozen patty that was mushy.
image.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The good part of it, is that you put whatever you want on your burger for toppings. But the quality of the meat was not good. As a former Wendy's Mgr and Dairy Queen employee, theirs is much better. Here is an image. Looks good, but look at the meat. Processed pre-frozen patty that was mushy.
View attachment 181537

Ah, I gotcha.

Yeah that patty doesn't look appetizing at all.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ah, I gotcha.

Yeah that patty doesn't look appetizing at all.
Lol...I just googled what their patty really looks like, and this video showed up. First time trying a Harveys burger.

"Patty looks legit" then tries it." This beef patty does not taste like beef"

:laugh:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Northeast Sandwich Co. makes the best burger in Philly. The chef from the old Blue Duck in Pennypack owns the joint.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I legitimately laughed out loud.
Yeah he was all hyped because it looked good. And keep in mind, it was a Angus burger which is supposed to be an even higher quality one than I had.

He was so disappointed. But he needs to learn to shut his mouth when chewing especially if he is recording it. Dumbass....lol.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah he was all hyped because it looked good. And keep in mind, it was a Angus burger which is supposed to be an even higher quality one than I had.

He was so disappointed. But he needs to learn to shut his mouth when chewing especially if he is recording it. Dumbass....lol.

Lol, yup. I love that it's a very straightforward "this doesn't taste like beef" though. Not even a veiled "not the greatest beef, but, this is ok". Shut it down.

People who chew with their mouths open need to be taken out to pasture.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

The cheeseburger I had at Harvey's in 1994 was the best burger I have ever had in my life, no joke. It might have changed, or I might have just responded to something they put in it, I don't know, but it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad