Interesting take. Let's see what an acclaimed chef has to say on the matter:
giphy.gif

Chef has a questions for you:
tumblr_o2bwqnchVG1v6pg78o1_500.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not going to @ you or @ your hot chicken take, but you are nuts. Beef tacos rule. Also, have a heart - chickens are people, too. You'd like them, they go to the bathroom almost as much as you do.
Chicken are actually not people.

If they were, that sentence would have been “people are people too”, but since you said “chickens”... :eviltongu

And if that’s true, I’m impressed. I’m a world record holder.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It’s also more expensive than diamonds for whatever reason.

I couldn't believe how expensive it was. The other thing is coffee. Even out here at this dumpy little convenience store, a small coffee is like $1.59. I know that doesn't sound like much in a big city, but this is out in the middle of nowhere and it's a ****ing regular coffee.

Reactions: Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
No, there are places where the only other option is “meat” with no specificity. Sadly, I know this from experience.

Lamb > Beef > Pork > Chicken at home > Fish > Chicken Out > “Meat”

It's considered extremely rude to eat lamb tacos, 1) without sticking your pinky finger out at a jaunty angle, and 2) after Labor Day, and 3) west of the Hamptons.

#JojotheWhaleIsActuallyJayGatsby

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Oh...and pork rinds are gross on their own. I am going to need to figure something out with them.
A place in Philly called Royal Boucherie serves them with a garlic aioli and they're delicious. Any flavored aioli (aka fancy mayo) will work well. You can sprinkle on any of your favorite seasonings too. They're basically flavorless by themselves, but the crunch is tough to find in other low carb foods.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A place in Philly called Royal Boucherie serves them with a garlic aioli and they're delicious. Any flavored aioli (aka fancy mayo) will work well. You can sprinkle on any of your favorite seasonings too. They're basically flavorless by themselves, but the crunch is tough to find in other low carb foods.
Yeah I was thinking of a "dipping" option. But I 100% disagree that they are flavourless. And I love meat, so figured a meat flavored treat would be good. Hell, I love Roast Chicken flavoured potato chips! But these...yeah, I can't eat them straight.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yeah I was thinking of a "dipping" option. But I 100% disagree that they are flavourless. And I love meat, so figured a meat flavored treat would be good. Hell, I love Roast Chicken flavoured potato chips! But these...yeah, I can't eat them straight.
Have you tried other brands or flavors? Not every rind is created equal. I've had some godawful ones before. By flavorless I mean they'll take on the flavors of whatever seasoning or dip you use. Get some of that bacon dust and toss that on there, that should do the trick. I've had some good BBQ flavored ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad