OT: The menu: Part 3. Chocolate milk is legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Have you tried other brands or flavors? Not every rind is created equal. I've had some godawful ones before. By flavorless I mean they'll take on the flavors of whatever seasoning or dip you use. Get some of that bacon dust and toss that on there, that should do the trick. I've had some good BBQ flavored ones too.
These are the 1st ones I tried as they only had 1 kind in stock. They are not a big thing up here. I had to shop in the "Asian" section to actually find them. I have thought about buying some of the powder flavouring bottle to change the taste. BBQ would be ideal. I have salt and vinegar but I don't think that would taste good.(it's the powder for flavouring popcorn)

Melt some cheese on them and put some Jalapenos on them
Yeah I was going to make a "nacho's" with them. Use them as the chip substitute and drown them in cheese, chicken, a little salsa, etc..

But I will say, I have not really needed much to "snack" on at night like I used to...which is nice. SO someday I will try it as a meal.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I make my own, it is ****ing glorious !!!

true-country_9496448.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
These are the 1st ones I tried as they only had 1 kind in stock. They are not a big thing up here. I had to shop in the "Asian" section to actually find them. I have thought about buying some of the powder flavouring bottle to change the taste. BBQ would be ideal. I have salt and vinegar but I don't think that would taste good.(it's the powder for flavouring popcorn)

OH, salt and vinegar would be a nice idea to try. You'd need something to really kill that "pork rind" flavor for me - they are disgusting on their own, I think.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OH, salt and vinegar would be a nice idea to try. You'd need something to really kill that "pork rind" flavor for me - they are disgusting on their own, I think.
I just tried 2 of them...and yup...the S&V powder works! Because it's so strong, it kills that meat flavour! At least now I can eat a few at night if I want without gagging.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It’s also more expensive than diamonds for whatever reason.

You can make your own more reasonably too, but yeah you still don't get much yield. Many newer ovens have a dehydrating mode or you can just set it to 160 to 180 F, depending on the meat and oven. Gatsby out.

A place in Philly called Royal Boucherie serves them with a garlic aioli and they're delicious. Any flavored aioli (aka fancy mayo) will work well. You can sprinkle on any of your favorite seasonings too. They're basically flavorless by themselves, but the crunch is tough to find in other low carb foods.

Great restaurant, but the issue I ran into was that every keto snack I could do with pork rinds at home was way better with cheese crisps a vehicle.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Great restaurant, but the issue I ran into was that every keto snack I could do with pork rinds at home was way better with cheese crisps a vehicle.

Royal Boucherie is great. My buddy has become good friends with Elmi through his MMA gym so we get the Royal treatment any time we go to one of his places. That guy can flat out cook.

I will never argue against cheese crisps, they are damn delicious. The only issue is they're not cheap, even if you make your own.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Royal Boucherie is great. My buddy has become good friends with Elmi through his MMA gym so we get the Royal treatment any time we go to one of his places. That guy can flat out cook.

Oh neat! I just sent my parents to Laurel for their anniversary too. Never had anything but a great meal in any of his places.

I will never argue against cheese crisps, they are damn delicious. The only issue is they're not cheap, even if you make your own.

Yep, we made our own. Well, my fiancée did. Can’t take the credit. I finally gave up and talked to a friend who imports food to get a whole wheel of Reggiano at a time. Way more up front, but significantly cheaper in the long run.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yep, we made our own. Well, my fiancée did. Can’t take the credit. I finally gave up and talked to a friend who imports food to get a whole wheel of Reggiano at a time. Way more up front, but significantly cheaper in the long run.

Consider me jealous. I've always dreamt of having some sort of gigantic cheese wheel in my house haha.

Reactions: Defect

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I am proud that I went 8 days and had 1 chip.

:laugh:

It's painful knowing I have 6 open bags of chips that would be delish to chow down on.

Tonight settling on chicken nachos but going to try using the pork rinds. We shall see.
That sounds fu**ing amazing

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Sound did not match taste unfortunately. That pork rind smell, I don't like it.
That’s disappointing, although I have a friend who sells flavored pork rinds and he uses so much seasoning it covers the smell.

I had a chicken breast for dinner at work tonight...just dialed out for a cheeseburger sub and breadsticks:oops: I wish I had your willpower.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That’s disappointing, although I have a friend who sells flavored pork rinds and he uses so much seasoning it covers the smell.

I had a chicken breast for dinner at work tonight...just dialed out for a cheeseburger sub and breadsticks:oops: I wish I had your willpower.
It's only been 8 days for me, so nothing crazy.

But I am craving bread, chips, chocolate and fruit.

Lol...so carbs/sugar.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: