OT: The Menu Part 17, Rod Brind'Amour, Captain Dave Poulin edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I made some sausage gravy and put it on top of some biscuits because it’s easy and tasty and I’m a fat f***.

3ED9550B-8A79-40BE-AEBC-E00EC1E8EE1E.jpeg

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Trying scallops for the first time tonight. Anyone have any advice on making them?
Make sure they're fresh, pat them dry, salt and pepper, sear the piss out of them but don't overcook.

If they end up bad, it's most likely due to them not being fresh. That or they're overcooked to the point of being rubbery.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Make sure they're fresh, pat them dry, salt and pepper, sear the piss out of them but don't overcook.

If they end up bad, it's most likely due to them not being fresh. That or they're overcooked to the point of being rubbery.
My wife likes them just a tad rubbery....but yeah...everything you said here is perfect

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
At the high price they are, I would still eat them...lol.
Haha, good call.

Back in my younger days we had a neighbor who worked on a scallop boat that would bring home literal trash bags full of scallops. The best part is he didn't even eat them, so he'd give them to us. On top of the scallops he'd always bring us monkfish and sole too. I miss that guy...

Reactions: ajgoal and Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Haha, good call.

Back in my younger days we had a neighbor who worked on a scallop boat that would bring home literal trash bags full of scallops. The best part is he didn't even eat them, so he'd give them to us. On top of the scallops he'd always bring us monkfish and sole too. I miss that guy...
Yeah it's crazy how seafood was "cheap" food for the poor.

Things have changed.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
All the wing talk yesterday, hit up Whistlers for takeout. Figured better to do it today, since they're nuts on SB Sunday (and I'm probably too late to get an order in anyway).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad