The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Quoted AND tagged in one comment. That's when you know you're doing it right, but you are not wrong - I'm leaving for work soon.

My new job has my natural rhythym still all out of whack and it's a month now into the gig. I want to be more active on here, because you all are in dire need for more green love in your lives, but, there's certainly a period of adjustment I am acclimating to and I am still trying to acquire that sense of normalcy.

But seriously, how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your... greens?
Just for you....last nights supper. Haddock with a salad....poppyseed dressing.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Almost time for the liver to be punished....

DDH Improv - Tonewood
Space Force - E&S (So tempting)
All together - Various breweries (will take a few of these)

Also got a recent delivery from NH of:
Summer Pils - Tuckerman
Blue Paw Wheat ale - SeaDog
Hell Yes - Moat Mountain

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I’ve never had that one, but every Eight & Sand beer I’ve tried has been fantastic. I’ve got family that live about a five minute drive away and every time we visit them we make several stops there.
It's a solid brew. I need to watch when I drink them because in certain times they flow like water until I stand up.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't get the bacon at Five Guys because they overcook it until it's nearly burnt, at least at the one by me.

I like chewy bacon instead of dark/crunchy bacon. If it looks like this, throw it out.

34d5d14b69adcf08bcf75c263deb37c1.jpg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I don't get the bacon at Five Guys because they overcook it until it's nearly burnt, at least at the one by me.

I like chewy bacon instead of dark/crunchy bacon. If it looks like this, throw it out.

34d5d14b69adcf08bcf75c263deb37c1.jpg

I'm a crispy bacon guy and I haven't experienced it burnt more than a couple times in my decade plus with Five Guys.

Fun fact: When I was in college I was too broke for the full bacon cheeseburger, so had to go Little Bacon Cheeseburger. At the one right by Pitt's campus, Little Bacon Cheeseburger + small drink was, with tax at the time, $6.66. That was always the smile on top of my occasional treat.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm a crispy bacon guy and I haven't experienced it burnt more than a couple times in my decade plus with Five Guys.

Fun fact: When I was in college I was too broke for the full bacon cheeseburger, so had to go Little Bacon Cheeseburger. At the one right by Pitt's campus, Little Bacon Cheeseburger + small drink was, with tax at the time, $6.66. That was always the smile on top of my occasional treat.
It may have been a fluke, but that was my experience on two or three seperate occasions.

Tried it once, burnt.
Didn't like it, but figured it could have been a fluke.
Tried it again, burnt again.
So then I just assumed it was normal and I don't get it anymore. After all, typically fast food places are pretty uniformed in their food production (with timers and whatnot), so I don't expect a big variance in their bacon done-ness.

But who knows, maybe I just had bad luck two separate times or maybe that's just a problem unique to this specific franchise location. All I know is my heart has been broken and I don't want to be hurt again.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It may have been a fluke, but that was my experience on two or three seperate occasions.

Tried it once, burnt.
Didn't like it, but figured it could have been a fluke.
Tried it again, burnt again.
So then I just assumed it was normal and I don't get it anymore. After all, typically fast food places are pretty uniformed in their food production (with timers and whatnot), so I don't expect a big variance in their bacon done-ness.

But who knows, maybe I just had bad luck two separate times or maybe that's just a problem unique to this specific franchise location. All I know is my heart has been broken and I don't want to be hurt again.
You are wise beyond your pre-teen years. Crunchy bacon is no good.

Speaking from experience, Wendy's cooks their bacon every morning and sometimes in the afternoon if they think they will run out before days end. Usually cook 20+ panfulls every morning. Then once cooked, it goes into the fridge while a few pans are stored in warmers for usage. At that point, the bacon is bendy and not overcooked. It's when it sits in the warmer for awhile that it continues to cook and get crispy.

Whenever I get a burger with bacon there now, I always ask for bacon that is not crispy and they can do it. Much butter eating a chewy big piece of bacon than a shriveled up overcooked crunchy piece. And as you can see on my burger pic, that bacon is perfect!

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad