Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let the triggering begin.

image.jpeg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Defect's pictures made me hungry for a sausage sandwich.

Cheddar bratwurst with onions and peppers, braised in an amber ale. After it all cooked for 40 minutes, I took the sausages out and seared them in a different pan, then added it back to the onions and peppers.

Ate it in a roll with some Beer'n Brat Mustard. I also made some bacon potato salad on the side.

92717a559544233525579f9e41920999.jpg

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What is this unholy concoction?
Everyone knows if you’re going with poor mans hotdog rolls, you put the hotdog on the bread diagonally
Ummm....no. Placing them diagonally gives you a very uneven bread to dog ratio on every bite. Little bread on the ends, way to organize Ichihara no the middle.

Having it as I placed it gives you consistency on every bite.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Defect's pictures made me hungry for a sausage sandwich.

Cheddar bratwurst with onions and peppers, braised in an amber ale. After it all cooked for 40 minutes, I took the sausages out and seared them in a different pan, then added it back to the onions and peppers.

Eat it in a roll with some Beer'n Brat Mustard. I also made some bacon potato salad on the side.

92717a559544233525579f9e41920999.jpg

****ing awesome. You need to send me some of that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
****ing awesome. You need to send me some of that.
I wish I could, Cap.

But seriously, you should make it for yourself. It couldn't be easier. Only 6 ingredients and if my stupid ass can make it...

Ingredients
-Bratwurst (I used Johnsonville Cheese and Beer Bratwurst)
-Rolls
-1 Onion
-1 Green/Yellow Bell Pepper
-1 12oz Beer (I used Fat Tire Amber Ale)
-Butter

Instructions
-Get a heavy bottom pan and put it on medium/high heat
-Cut the onion and pepper into chunks
-Add a little butter to the pan, then the onions and peppers
-Cook until they're starting to get soft
-Pour in whole beer
-Place sausages on top of vegetables
-Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
-Cook for 40 min, flipping the sausage every once in a while
-After that time is up, take the sausages out and sear them in another pan or on the grill
-Add them back to the beer/onions/peppers and it's done

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ummm....no. Placing them diagonally gives you a very uneven bread to dog ratio on every bite. Little bread on the ends, way to organize Ichihara no the middle.

Having it as I placed it gives you consistency on every bite.

Everything is perfect, less the f***ing relish

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I wish I could, Cap.

But seriously, you should make it for yourself. It couldn't be easier. Only 6 ingredients and if my stupid ass can make it...

Ingredients
-Bratwurst (I used Johnsonville Cheese and Beer Bratwurst)
-Rolls
-1 Onion
-1 Green/Yellow Bell Pepper
-1 12oz Beer (I used Fat Tire Amber Ale)
-Butter

Instructions
-Get a heavy bottom pan and put it on medium/high heat
-Cut the onion and pepper into chunks
-Add a little butter to the pan, then the onions and peppers
-Cook until they're starting to get soft
-Pour in whole beer
-Place sausages on top of vegetables
-Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer
-Cook for 40 min, flipping the sausage every once in a while
-After that time is up, take the sausages out and sear them in another pan or on the grill
-Add them back to the beer/onions/peppers and it's done
Who gave the kid the nectar?

Reactions: Defect

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And for those who are surprised by hidden marketing, please see the 1 "people" dipping a chip in salsa in the "tit".

:)

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Congrats on the new gig!

Youll be happy to know ive increased my green intake recently. We are doing a baked brocolli, carrot, potato and onion side with our meals at least once a week because its quick and easy. Ive smoked bacon wrapped beans in the smoker, and grilled asparagus recently. Ive just been slacking on food pictures.

Sorry man - 11 days later and I'm just getting back to responding. Change is hard, but necessary. I didn't intend for you to assume I purposely ignored you, I'm just really trying to juggle this new schedule of mine. Thanks for the kind words.

And I am happy to know you're eating more greens. It makes me happy to know when anyone is doing it, because it's such a necessity for our mind and bodies. It's not easy to do, and at times I even have to force myself to take the time to not only prepare but to then also consume the foods I know I should be eating. I want to eat cheat meals all of the time, but whenever I do anymore, my body reacts poorly in numerous ways and that's the true motivation I need to continue to eat healthily. It's a process, and an ever evolving one. It takes a really long time to form a halfway decent eating habit, so keep it up man. Let's live long and prosper.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sorry man - 11 days later and I'm just getting back to responding. Change is hard, but necessary. I didn't intend for you to assume I purposely ignored you, I'm just really trying to juggle this new schedule of mine. Thanks for the kind words.

And I am happy to know you're eating more greens. It makes me happy to know when anyone is doing it, because it's such a necessity for our mind and bodies. It's not easy to do, and at times I even have to force myself to take the time to not only prepare but to then also consume the foods I know I should be eating. I want to eat cheat meals all of the time, but whenever I do anymore, my body reacts poorly in numerous ways and that's the true motivation I need to continue to eat healthily. It's a process, and an ever evolving one. It takes a really long time to form a halfway decent eating habit, so keep it up man. Let's live long and prosper.

I'd respond but I was holding my breath too long waiting for a response.

Reactions: Striiker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I hate you.

<3

Glad the new schedule is keeping you busy. Busy means challenged and challenged means growing, so I'm happy for that. Eating healthier definitely is an adjustment, you are right. I'm not sure I'll ever get to organic hippie status, but I think moving a few steps in that direction won't kill me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nice haddock.

I bet you picked out those green leafy things and put them on a napkin next to your plate before you ate the "salad".
I eat salad. I just don't eat salad everyday or on it's own as it's not filling enough. Nor do I get excited by a salad. But a salad if the main way I get my veggies as besides corn, I rarely eat any veggies hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad