GDT: The Manic Monday Game|CBJ vs Boston|5-6-19|7:00 p.m.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That squad needs one more sniper and someone willing to get in front of the net every shift.
I think given Jarmos track record , he will get that done . I know some were opposed to moving Werenski , but man he would return an elite winger , and our defense is stacked. Look at Kukan , he was great tonight

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I only trade Z if Murray is also somehow compensated for. I’m not running a D that banks on him being a top 4 guy.

Nuti-Jones
Gavrikov-Savard
Kukan-Murray/Peeke/anyone else not named Scott Harrington

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Enjoyed the ride guys. What a great group of fans you all are. Love the noise and intensity out of that Columbus crowd.

Best of luck to your team in coming out of the offseason in good shape. I know some tough things may happen during the off-season, but CBJ made a statement this year.
If Boston loses their next series, I will go to your forum and tell you they had a great year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Really a disappointing end. Other than improved Bob play, this had a very similar feel to last year and the Pit series a few years back. Experienced, skilled team figures them out and stones them offensively, then the tide rolls out quickly. Whether it's mental, coaching, or the talent level, they have to figure this out to take the next step.

Overpaying subpar players and underripe talent is part of the problem. Dubi and Wennberg a complete waste of money. Foligno well overpaid. Young guys like PLD, Bjork, Texier who weren't ready. I don't know what you do about Cam. At least he has skill unlike Dubinsky and Foligno, but he imo was the single most disappointing player of all.

Power play must finally get fixed. 3 years of this crap is enough.

Hope they can keep Duchene. Not a perfect player, but he's twice as good as Dubois at this stage and 20x better than Wennberg.

p.s. I really hope this is teaching the CBJ a lesson. Never ever again give a 5-6M a year contract to forwards who can't reliably score.

The Jackets weren't even at the cap this year, no one's salary cost us this playoff run. I wonder if Torts even knows the contracts for a lot of these guys. I don't know why you are talking about it now.

In any case, Foligno has been worth every penny and then some. He had hit half a point per game in five straight playoff series until this one. He's not a great finisher but he has plenty of skill and the toughness (which really actually matters a lot, not some BS intangible) and leadership (same thing) are off the charts. He's basically Dzingel with vastly better intangibles, so I hope everyone who hates Foligno's contract can figure that out.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
Yeah, probability and everything else being equal, you win a cup once every 30 years. It’s hard, takes luck too. But given the CONTEXT, it was clearly a cup or bust season for CBJ. Now we could be left holding the bag with our best young players leaving, less than optimal draft picks, and a win-now coach who wears teams out. This is management’s mess to figure out. Because unless they blow it up (they won’t) it’s cup or bust next year again. With potentially a handful of worse players in important spots

Trying to frame it as a “win” because we got the first playoff series win monkey off our back seems somewhat pathetic. No one will care that we swept the lightning in the first round. With our definitive loss in the next round it’s clearly more of an indictment on the lightning than a feather in our cap
Well said. Ironically, the Bolts were exactly the match-up that the CBJ needed to get past the 1st round. They are a team that loves time and space for which there is none in the playoffs. Still, it was mind-blowing to win our first series. It got everyone's hopes up. But then reality hit with the Bruins - an excellent team built for the POs and well on their way to winning the Cup this year. The better team won this series.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, probability and everything else being equal, you win a cup once every 30 years. It’s hard, takes luck too. But given the CONTEXT, it was clearly a cup or bust season for CBJ. Now we could be left holding the bag with our best young players leaving,

Yeah you might want to take another look at the roster. Most of our best players are too young to even go to free agency. The players who are leaving are some of our oldest. The team kept all of it's top prospects. This year's roster was less than the sum of its parts. I expect them to be better next year.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Most of these thoughts have been expressed by others but wanted to get them down:

Overall, great season by the Jackets and a good step forward. It was an entertaining season and much better than some of the debacles we've had to sit through in the past.

Still hurts right now, though, as CBJ had a real chance to lift the Cup. Easy to say now, but I do feel Boston was the one team that was a tough match-up for the Jackets. Toronto would have been a much better opponent for the Jackets in the current build. Oh well, they were close but not close enough.

Bob, thank you for your service. It's been great watching you. I'd shake your hand if I could and wish you well. Go get paid now, but it's time for you and the CBJ to go your separate paths.

In March, I'd never believe we'd be saying how much we miss Riley Nash with him out.

Jarmo, thanks for going for it. I think it was worth it. Shoot your shot when you get a chance or this team is going to be in a perennial funk. I have faith you can work some magic for next year. Some of the prospects look good and I'm ready to see them take the next step.

Bread, it's been a slice but I am disappointed that it seems like the big city life is valued more by you than winning. Your life and career so your choice but you could have gone down as a legend here.

Dutchy - see you next year, I hope. Dzingel - sorry, it's not to be, go get paid somewhere else.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Boston series..... Atkinson, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Foligno, Dubios, Anderson..... Non existent....

Bob was not great after game 3 but he had no support either...

Where was Anderson???

Reactions: Madifer

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Funny... Bruins bring in Jacket killer Backes (we all know Backes from the Blues days) in game 4 and beat us every game....

Jackets need to grow up.... be more mature to advance to the SCF's.....

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
Funny... Bruins bring in Jacket killer Backes (we all know Backes from the Blues days) in game 4 and beat us every game....

Jackets need to grow up.... be more mature to advance to the SCF's.....
Also funny as soon as Jackets didn't score on PP we lost every game, just like last year right?!?!

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad