GDT: The Manic Monday Game|CBJ vs Boston|5-6-19|7:00 p.m.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Boston series..... Atkinson, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Foligno, Dubios, Anderson..... Non existent....

Bob was not great after game 3 but he had no support either...

Where was Anderson???

Jenner and Anderson tried. Foligno's hands are made of brick. Bjork soft. Dubois lost. Atkinson... deeply disappointing in our time of need...

Reactions: Madifer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I come as a Bruins Mod

This picture sums up the respect we have for your team in Boston

upload_2019-5-7_4-28-49-png.225245

I sincerely hope that your team holds on to as many pieces as possible come July 1st.

I also believe Brittanie Cecil was cheering from above.

In the end, Tuukka Rask became the Tim Thomas of 2011 - that was the difference.

I wish your team continued success in the Metro.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Deja Vue, last year up two games to none lose four straight, end of season. This year up two to one, lose three straight, end of season........
Sigh.... this year it at least was round two after a glorious sweep of Tampa in four straight! It was so much fun seeing the CBJ captivate the city and for at least a couple weeks take center stage in the city’s sports scene! Extremely disappointing to see it end!!

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Having slept on the results it is a bit easier to be rational. The Jackets barely made it in to the playoffs then swept the best team of the regular season. They played the Bruins tough but in the end. as Fenway mentioned above, Tukka Rask went Tim Thomas on them and that was all she wrote.

Lots of factors to be considered:

Bruins top line plus Krejci is better and more experienced than Jackets top line of Panarin-PLD-Atkinson and Duchene,

Rask was better than Bob.

Injuries affected Jackets more than injuries affected Bruins.

If it wasn't for bad luck Jackets would have none. Other than the goal off the net I can't think of much that went Jackets way.

Disappointed for sure. Pissed that the 2 guys who could have been stars of this team for years to come are leaving. I get all the bs of its their life and they can do what they want but eff em anyway.

It was fun watching them advance in the playoffs. Painful to watch the end.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Boston series..... Atkinson, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Foligno, Dubios, Anderson..... Non existent....

Bob was not great after game 3 but he had no support either...

Where was Anderson???

This.

Cam's choking and utterly pathetic performance is what I will remember the most from this series. The guy played like a sub AHLer would. :(

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Having slept on the results it is a bit easier to be rational. The Jackets barely made it in to the playoffs then swept the best team of the regular season. They played the Bruins tough but in the end. as Fenway mentioned above, Tukka Rask went Tim Thomas on them and that was all she wrote.

Lots of factors to be considered:

Bruins top line plus Krejci is better and more experienced than Jackets top line of Panarin-PLD-Atkinson and Duchene,

Rask was better than Bob.

Injuries affected Jackets more than injuries affected Bruins.

If it wasn't for bad luck Jackets would have none. Other than the goal off the net I can't think of much that went Jackets way.

Disappointed for sure. Pissed that the 2 guys who could have been stars of this team for years to come are leaving. I get all the bs of its their life and they can do what they want but eff em anyway.

It was fun watching them advance in the playoffs. Painful to watch the end.
Agree with the part of them barely making the playoffs and doing good. They were an 8 seed so they were going to have the toughest route. Disagree about Rask. He played good,no doubt, but it was our lack of creativity on offense that made him Tim Thomas like. Not to mention the pathetic power plays. I give Rask some credit, but the guys in front of him out played our guy by a mile.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
hate to say it, i guess no matter how talented you are and if you dont match up well against certain teams, you will lose. that's just how it is. it goes for every team even tampa, i thought columbus was going to get beat badly against tampa and that shocked me, when you guys swept them. that's just an example of how well you matched up against tampa and they had more talent than you.

hopefully next year, if you go back into the playoffs, you will get the right matchups.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Thanks for the run boys, seeing the series win on home ice made the season a success for me. Unfortunately we’re heading into a rough offseason and expecting someone with zero nhl experience to be able to hold the ship up.

Reactions: We Want Ten

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Jenner and Anderson tried. Foligno's hands are made of brick. Bjork soft. Dubois lost. Atkinson... deeply disappointing in our time of need...
I personally think he played well. Well, as well as one could with Wennberg. Agree on the others though. Cam should be embarrassed. Hopefully PLD learns from this as well.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
It was quite the ride. Rask was just awesome.
Sad it's over, but happy we finally advanced to get that monkey off our back.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I have no idea what the pieces and UFA's will do, but I'm pretty confident we will ice a team next year and those that played in this 2nd round will be better for the experience. We do not have a generational or 2 generational player to carry the team and score on command. We have to play together & with grit.. Boston took our challenge and capitalized on sniper shots. We didn't end of story. Practice hard PLD & Texier and Josh and Cam (I swear Cam Must be hurt). Get in the gym Bjork and Milano, get healthy Murr and Nuti and Nash. Please forgive me Riley Nash.. you have a ton more heart than I gave you credit for. Sort it out, we will play again next season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well said. Ironically, the Bolts were exactly the match-up that the CBJ needed to get past the 1st round. They are a team that loves time and space for which there is none in the playoffs. Still, it was mind-blowing to win our first series. It got everyone's hopes up. But then reality hit with the Bruins - an excellent team built for the POs and well on their way to winning the Cup this year. The better team won this series.
Agree and I'll amplify on this later. Imagine had the Leafs won game 7 against Boston.

Reactions: AZRoadRunner

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I personally think he played well. Well, as well as one could with Wennberg. Agree on the others though. Cam should be embarrassed. Hopefully PLD learns from this as well.
I agree . Bjorkstrand is good. I do not believe he is soft. He is what 175, 180 pounds. He gets right in and digs for pucks in corners and is not afraid to hit or be hit. Plus he has a tremendous shot.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I know Boston fans..... They are laughing at us right now..... serious...
No. We have alot of respect for you guys. Hell of a season, love Kekäläinen and his moves (except Dzingel). Imagine if McQuaid and Nuti were playing. This series screamed for game 7.

Reactions: AZRoadRunner

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Deja Vue, last year up two games to none lose four straight, end of season. This year up two to one, lose three straight, end of season........
Sigh.... this year it at least was round two after a glorious sweep of Tampa in four straight! It was so much fun seeing the CBJ captivate the city and for at least a couple weeks take center stage in the city’s sports scene! Extremely disappointing to see it end!!
Holtby outplayed Bob. Rask outplayed Bob. Don't get me wrong - this is not purely on Bob. We were outplayed as other positions too. We had no business being in Game 1 (which we justly lost) and Bob stole game 3 for us.

Reactions: Madifer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->