The Lockout Thread Part II (Lockout over)

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Im not sure if i'll be spending any money to go watch them play, but i'll be watching on tv. Thankfully we've been saved from winter tv when tv has become almost unwatchable outside of sports

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I was beginning to think that we wouldn't see Ani or Bob at all, at least we get to see them for half a season before they sign in the KHL in the summer.

fox2usp

Inbred Cat
Jul 2, 2008
Pumpkinville, Ohio
I was beginning to think that we wouldn't see Ani or Bob at all, at least we get to see them for half a season before they sign in the KHL in the summer.

That is almost exactly what I was coming on here to post. I hope a shortened season is enough to have them feel at home and want to re-sign. Anisimov sounds like a player and Bob has been doing OK as well.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
This was my Facebook status just now:

HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will be taking in a game. They haven't lost me in any way

bizzz*

That is almost exactly what I was coming on here to post. I hope a shortened season is enough to have them feel at home and want to re-sign. Anisimov sounds like a player and Bob has been doing OK as well.

Bob has started 6 games in a row for SKA and coming to Columbus on a 2-games shutout streak. The 1st SO he had against Anisimov's Loko a couple days ago and tonight he had 40-saves shutout against Neftekhimik. Looks like he's in a good shape.
Anisimov posted some good numbers playing with unknown 20 and 22 years old kids Plotnikov and Galimov. Recently he cooled off and haven't produced a lot of points after Christmas, but we will see.
I really wanna see Nikitin on the small ice. He still was a top pairing d-man for Avangard, but he's much better suited for the small rinks.
Tyutin has been playing 25-27 minutes every night, but his Atlant keeps losing. Tonight they lost 0:1 in OT. So I guess he should be happy to get out of there.

jktsfan*

I'm disappointed. I thought both the players association and the owners/NHl would benefit from a whole year without any of our money. But like most of them said. As soon as the temper tantrums between the two sides was over, the fans would come storming back.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Glad it's over. I like the idea of playing so many intradivisional games. This is the year for us to continue our poor play so we can ideally secure a top pick in this deep talented draft and that doesn't mean I want the team to tank either. I would love to see them keep the Springfield group together for 2013 but I know that most likely won't happen. It will also be fun to watch the flood of former posters come back to the boards trying to claim back their dominance. Ugh/

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
A good idea to the NHL to help start the healing process, is free Center Ice this year. Theyre going to need to get the common joe back, and may as well try and showcase it by having all the games available to everyone

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
A good idea to the NHL to help start the healing process, is free Center Ice this year. Theyre going to need to get the common joe back, and may as well try and showcase it by having all the games available to everyone

Amen to this suggestion!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

While I think this is a great idea, I wouldn't be surprised if the price actually went up.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Columbus and Detroit really get screwed with all intraconference schedule, our travel and broadcast times will be deadly for players and fans, alike.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
@TSNBobMcKenzie: No question target is 50-game, not 48-game, season. Speculation is it would be 5 games vs 4 division rivals and 3 games vs 10 Conf rivals.

Lots of travel in this scenario. And would have to play one division (I'm guessing) away 2x's.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
6 games against division = 24
2 games against conference = 20
44 games make sense and would lessen the travel for the CBJ.

Edit: I know the NHL would not like this.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
I will find it very hard to generate any enthusiasm for this short season. But it is very good news for so many in the Arena District who need hockey to support their businesses.

Very happy for anyone who needs hockey to support their business and the folks who need hockey to make a living. Also, ready to see some NHL hockey!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
So ...

One question I haven't seen an answer to: Which division are we playing in next year? Did the league go ahead and move us to the Southeast, or did we remain in the Central?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad