The Lockout Thread Part II (Lockout over)

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
True enough.

No debate, just clarification. Do I trust a Mixer retweet of @theforthperiod? Not really. Would I trust Mixer stating that Howson has confirmed they are in-flight to Columbus? Sure. To be clear, plenty of good people have been pwned on retweets.

As Biz pointed out, most of these guys have been out of the lineup for their perspective teams. I don't expect there to be an issue. At the same time I wouldn't do a "confirmed with link" either.

Agreed. I don't doubt that it's happening, it's just with Blue Jacket Luck I'll breathe easier with hard confirmation or when they walk onto the ice.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
So here's a lockout question,

What happens to the trade deadline?

(I'd like to see Brassard be some nice bait)

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

If your question is "Does the date of the trade deadline change this season?", I read something on TSN (I think) that said the date isn't going to change.

If your question is "What are we going to do at the deadline?", than 1857 is probably right.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

(I'd like to see Brassard be some nice bait)

Apparently not set yet but most are reporting (guessing) it will be early April . Makes sense, otherwise season would only be 6 weeks or so old with 2 months to go.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

Posted about 45 minutes ago. He is usually reliable.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I would have done the schedule differently. 6 games against divisional opponents (24), home and home with conference rivals (20) and 4 "cross-over games" two at home and two on the road.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

Posted about 45 minutes ago. He is usually reliable.

I think for the division games it will be:
4 games versus Chicago and St. Louis
5 games versus Detroit and Nashville

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
CapGeek is reporting on twitter that cap-exempt call ups are replacing amateur try-out deals for emergency situations. Hopefully, there is stil a provision for ATOs in extreme emergency cases. Here's a nightmare scenario, Jackets-style:

Jackets are in LA playing the Kings. A goalie goes down in morning skate. The Falcons are at home and the Icemen are in Trenton (both clear across the country). The Jackets can't fly a backup goalie in fast enough.

Hopefully an ATO would be allowed in such a situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad