The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Game looks cool, very much like a direct sequel but having the sky as a whole other dimension sounds pretty crazy. Glad it's coming out next year but I have a feeling there's a decent chance it's pushed to 2023.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Definitely looked like they were adding a few mechanics and making aerial traversal more of a thing.

Disappointed that there was no name drop and that they only are aiming for a 2022 release.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Looks like a whole lot of not much to me. I'm completely in love with BOTW but that was pretty underwhelming considering we had the last trailer two years ago. Not trying to be overly-negative here, but I expected to see something more.

Reactions: robertmac43

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Looks like a whole lot of not much to me. I'm completely in love with BOTW but that was pretty underwhelming considering we had the last trailer two years ago. Not trying to be overly-negative here, but I expected to see something more.
I think a recurring theme throughout this entire e3 is that none of us really should have ever expected much of anything given the pandemic.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Sounds like way more of an excuse than it needs to be.
If it was an isolated case, sure, but given that just about every conference is dropping big fat zeroes (Capcom and Square were absolutely abysmal), it's really hard to single out any single game developer as slacking in this environment.

Relatively speaking, it felt like Nintendo was actually one of the better ones.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There wasn't really anything new new in the trailer. It more confirmed a lot of speculation on gameplay elements from the first trailer, specifically that the sky would be a place we were going and the slate powers being combined with the green arm.

Though it does look great and some of the new powers they showed look really interesting too.

It was just so little info. I want the proper reveal, and it's definitely penciled in for holiday 2022 if it doesn't get delayed which is a long while off.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
My assumption is still that it's penciled in as a release game for their next console (or Switch Pro if that's all it ends up being.)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Pretty much the only day one buy in recent memory for me that I can think of. I might even dip my toe into the depths of preordering.

Tears of the Kingdom feels like an awkward title, as nitpicky of a gripe as that may be. Definitely didn‘t see anyone guess that, though.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
1663114809153.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean I'm gonna get it but I'm really hoping the sky stuff isn't the only improvement. BOTW is still at its core a near perfect exploration game. And when I say near, for me it's the shrine dungeons that really hold it back. I don't think Zelda is ever going to be a pinnacle in action adventure combat so I give the hack and slash stuff a pass. But I really want a little more out of the core gameplay line to make it more enjoyable to play away from the exploration.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My biggest takeaway is why was I surprised at the obvious fact that of course Ganon was getting a voice?

Oh, and in non-TotK Zelda news, the fact that the Oracle games are going to be released on Game Boy Online makes me think that Grizzo isn’t making a remake of them after all. I doubt they’d release the originals before the remake if one was coming.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So new flying enemy. A fat Wind Waker looking Moblin, something that looks like Re-deads, and some big three headed fire monster on the bridge as far as new enemies go.

Also vehicles that look buildable are modular.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Do we know if ToTk are before or after the events in BotW? May be a dumb question.... Go easy on me

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
My biggest takeaway is why was I surprised at the obvious fact that of course Ganon was getting a voice?

Oh, and in non-TotK Zelda news, the fact that the Oracle games are going to be released on Game Boy Online makes me think that Grizzo isn’t making a remake of them after all. I doubt they’d release the originals before the remake if one was coming.

I finally finished playing the Links Awakening remake a couple of months ago and once I was done I needed the Oracle games remade. The nostalgia for the old handheld games slapped me in the face really hard. I really hope they reconsider.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Idk, I like the idea of revisiting this particular hyrule again. I'm curious to see what has and hasn't changed.

Plus the sky stuff, and I would be shocked if there isn't some kind of underground element too
I do too. I don't think it was to take an easy way out either, I think the devs really believe they have that much more to tell/do with that area.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
It would be good if they took those 6 years to actually populate the old map with interesting things to do. My problem with the original game was that while the exploration was fun the map is basically empty except for the shrines and korok seeds which aren't great to say the least. Some actual Zelda dungeons would be nice. Also I hope they've fixed the combat system so you can't immediately heal to full health at any moment by pausing the game.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad