The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Oh I realize it's more of a pet peeve for me personally than anything else. :laugh:

That's why I'd like the option to turn it off or significantly reduce it, not get rid of it entirely....but I realize it's pretty embedded in the game experience.
I hated swapping weapons constantly too. Really hurt the game flow.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have two generic hunches.

1) Zelda won't be playable, and might not even feature heavily in the game. The cut scene seems to show them get separated, so I wouldn't be surprised if the end goal of the game is to rescue Zelda again from Withered Ganondorf. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to see their dynamic develop all game.

2) I'm still inclined to think that this won't take place in Hyrule, and it'll either take place below or elsewhere. The exploration of open world games is critical, so I just don't buy that they'd rehash the same map with tweaks or additions to it. My money would be on Hyrule Catle being the finale location, but for it to be it's own sealed location either floating high above after being carried elsewhere or capable of being teleported to with it being sealed off or, more likely, only accessible by a long tunnel going way out in any direction from Hyrule. I could easily imagine them separated, Link being swept by the underground river way out from there and connected to a location outside Hyrule, like to the far west or north beyond the canyons, for instance.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So my guess is whatever that long arm did to Withered Dorf is the reason Calamity Ganon came into being. That sealing screwed the cycle up.

Also Dorf looks very wizardly, more in line with his WW appearance though no where near as fat. The freeze frame silhouette goes along with that.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have been watching the trailer on repeat since it was released and the hype just isn't leaving!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A97FA703-29CF-4CA5-8AC8-1B85507ACEE2.jpeg

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Breath of the Wild makes me wish I didn't suck so bad at video games. I've put in many hours with it but can't really progress because I absolutely suck at combat. Every time I try to engage even in the 'tests of strength' I get demolished in just a few hits. Also don't like how the weapons and armor wear down so quickly.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Breath of the Wild makes me wish I didn't suck so bad at video games. I've put in many hours with it but can't really progress because I absolutely suck at combat. Every time I try to engage even in the 'tests of strength' I get demolished in just a few hits. Also don't like how the weapons and armor wear down so quickly.

Cook up 5 durians together and then do the same with bananas. I forget which to each first, though. But that's how I got better -- it allowed me to take more damage and dish more out.

Reactions: Hatfield

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Stasis+ makes one on one combat much easier.

Reactions: Hatfield

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm currently playing BoTW for the first time.

The weapons breaking is by far the most annoying part of the game. I roll my eyes every time my weapons break and find myself shying away from almost all combat, except necessary, to keep my weapons strong.

Btw, if it matters or anyone cares, I just completed the whole Zora timeline, which was my first Beast. I love the game so far and I'm having a lot of fun hunting Shrines and completing them. I haven't gotten around to learning different food dishes and such, but I'm planning to soon.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Have to say it's really disappointing that a year and a half after its announcement, we still don't have any new updates on this game. I know they said more information will come out this year, but I doubt anything substantial will be coming out any time soon still. Looking likely this game is a 2023 release.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I can only hope that the long development time means they're doing a lot more than merely copy and pasting the open world with some tweaks here and there or adding a few additional areas. Open world games exist for exploration, so recycling even an admittedly great rendition of Hyrule kind of bores me from a wandering gamer perspective.

Nintendo has said that they view themselves as about midway through the Switch's generation, and I was holding out hope that we might get a BotW trilogy (not counting AoC) early, middle, and late in the console's lifespan, but that's obviously not going to be the case.

I wish I could say that they're just a trailer away from announcing a release date this year, but them specifically singling out that they're working on it and progressing makes me doubt that. Not even a title drop, too, which was what I figured would be a bare minimum show for them.

Reactions: MMC

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I mean...WTF else could they even be working on besides trying to finish BOTW 2? What groundbreaking project could possibly be taking priority over it?

Annoying and disappointing for sure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Are you playing the dlc or something? Play the main game it's extremely easy. Even my friend who barely plays videogames beat it pretty easily.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Are you playing the dlc or something? Play the main game it's extremely easy. Even my friend who barely plays videogames beat it pretty easily.

It was the main game. I played quite a bit, explored a lot of the map, but just sucked at combat.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I mean...WTF else could they even be working on besides trying to finish BOTW 2? What groundbreaking project could possibly be taking priority over it?

Annoying and disappointing for sure.
They announced they are remastering Skyward Sword for the Switch. It’ll be out July 16

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
They announced they are remastering Skyward Sword for the Switch. It’ll be out July 16
The game looks identical though. It's just 60fps with remapped button controls. I doubt it takes a big team.
It was the main game. I played quite a bit, explored a lot of the map, but just sucked at combat.
Well some tests of strength are extremely difficult. For example the test of strength on the island by Hateno village is the hardest in the game but you can do it in the first few hours. As long as you activate the elevator on the shrine you can fast travel back at any time. My advice, don't upgrade your stamina at all, maybe once or twice. You really don't need it, there's plenty of roads and paths that make climbing unnecessary and the more hearts you have the easier the game is. I put around 50 hours in the game and upgraded stamina once.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
The game looks identical though. It's just 60fps with remapped button controls. I doubt it takes a big team.

Well some tests of strength are extremely difficult. For example the test of strength on the island by Hateno village is the hardest in the game but you can do it in the first few hours. As long as you activate the elevator on the shrine you can fast travel back at any time. My advice, don't upgrade your stamina at all, maybe once or twice. You really don't need it, there's plenty of roads and paths that make climbing unnecessary and the more hearts you have the easier the game is. I put around 50 hours in the game and upgraded stamina once.

Thanks, I’m going to try to get back into it. I had actually been putting most of my upgrades into heart containers, so good to know I was at least doing something right.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Experimenting with ingredients was fun until I realized that all I needed was a dish of multiple durians (or only one endgame) or multiple endura carrots.

I kinda got a kick out of that.

1) Durians are objectively wretched, so them being the most potent/beneficial food was kinda funny.

2) The whole game has a (probably completely unintentional) plant-based-diet slant. You're way better off buying raw meat, cooking it, and selling it back for an increased price than you are actually eating either the raw or cooked meat. Then you use the money to purchase the plant foods that help you a ton more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad