The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If this game is a piece of shit I think I'm officially quitting video games
I’d agree with that honestly. If they can’t get this right what can the industry do well? I’ll play the next From Soft game though

• Love
Reactions: MMC

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I’m staying away from any info at this point as well. Unless someone hacks into my bank account and my Switch breaks there’s zero possibility I’m skipping out on TOTK.

Worst case it’s an expanded DLC to BOTW and it’s still worth $70 to me. I’m really excited to hop in.
I'm replaying BoTW in anticipation and despite having put in 100 hours a few years ago, it's still brilliant. It's probably the first game in years I'm having a good time replaying. I'm with you, even if this is a huge DLC, it's worth the 70$.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm replaying BoTW in anticipation and despite having put in 100 hours a few years ago, it's still brilliant. It's probably the first game in years I'm having a good time replaying. I'm with you, even if this is a huge DLC, it's worth the 70$.
Again, with the two game voucher you can get it for essentially 50 bucks. (you do have to pay the same amount for a second game though). Unless you don't want to get it digitally, I think it's the best way to get it. Already have mine pre-ordered.

Which is nice because I waited like a year or two before I got the Switch and BOTW

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Again, with the two game voucher you can get it for essentially 50 bucks. (you do have to pay the same amount for a second game though). Unless you don't want to get it digitally, I think it's the best way to get it. Already have mine pre-ordered.

Which is nice because I waited like a year or two before I got the Switch and BOTW
I'm definitely getting the physical version.

I'm also replaying BotW and it's incredible how good the game still is even years laters, after 100+hours. I rarely replay games, but this one is what every open world should strive for.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah, physical copy is the way to go given how first party Nintendo games hold value. You’ll be able to re-sell this game for $60 (CAD) or so for the next couple of years.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah that looks terrific. Certainly like it could fit 30 hours or more of new experiences in. And they look different enough to stand on their own as opposed to DLC.

I'm still just hoping that they take the approach that this game is (somehow) 100s of years after Breath of the Wild to make radical changes to the Hyrule overworld. Obviously everything in the sky is brand new but I think a sequel needs a wealth of new experiences on the ground as well.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I'm not a lawyer, but it would seem like offering money for someone to create a mod of the game would violate copyright laws.
Nintendo does not care about copyright laws anyway since they also take down videos that fall under fair use. They would have taken down the videos about the mod even if it was done pro bono. They know that they can do whatever they want since they are based in Japan and are a big corporation so good luck trying to answer back legally from the US.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Nintendo does not care about copyright laws anyway since they also take down videos that fall under fair use. They would have taken down the videos about the mod even if it was done pro bono. They know that they can do whatever they want since they are based in Japan and are a big corporation so good luck trying to answer back legally from the US.
Ok so now you're arguing what they would have done in a hypothetical scenario, which must be convenient since it can't be proven either way. And that last sentence just isn't true at all, they are subject to US law. Maybe stop listening to angry gamer people on the internet and rejoin the real world?

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Ok so now you're arguing what they would have done in a hypothetical scenario, which must be convenient since it can't be proven either way. And that last sentence just isn't true at all, they are subject to US law. Maybe stop listening to angry gamer people on the internet and rejoin the real world?
I don't care about your beef with "angry gamers" whatever those are since i barely follow gaming news in general. I won't spend my energy arguing any further since you seem like the type who feels attacked and lashes out because someone has a different opinion.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don't care about your beef with "angry gamers" whatever those are since i barely follow gaming news in general. I won't spend my energy arguing any further since you seem like the type who feels attacked and lashes out because someone has a different opinion.
Seems like projection on your part, as you seem to be unable to deal with any sort of disagreement.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Got my pre-order for 35$ cheaper than normal.

Not a hack or deal anywhere -- I just used my credit card points on an Amazon purchase.

Also, I predicted almost two years ago that the Zelda timeline is one big loop. Some are speculating that to be the case with this game. My explanation was:

What if the Zelda timeline is circular? As in: Skyward Sword is the start of the timeline, BOTW is the end, and BOTW2 is the "in between"? That's a way that all timelines work.

SS > OOT > whatever games/timeline > BOTW > BOTW2 > SS > OOT > (and so on)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I want to wait till I'm finished with FFXVI before getting this because I think if I get it at launch I wouldn't finish it in a month , but I fear the FOMO will make me do just that lol

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Bunch of websites got to play the game and posted video impressions

Skillup, a pretty good reviewer, seems very positive on it, minus the performance issues. But, I think botw had some framerate issues they eventually patched up.

In any case, the mechanics they added seem like a masterclass in coding. It's the only game Ive preordered since the cyberpunk fiasco. I'm much more confident in this one though. I'm replaying BoTW (I never replay games) and man it is still a masterpiece.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Skillup, a pretty good reviewer, seems very positive on it, minus the performance issues. But, I think botw had some framerate issues they eventually patched up.

In any case, the mechanics they added seem like a masterclass in coding. It's the only game Ive preordered since the cyberpunk fiasco. I'm much more confident in this one though. I'm replaying BoTW (I never replay games) and man it is still a masterpiece.

I watched footage off a few sites, definitely some stutter when a lot is going on, but nothing game breaking or worse then BOTW.

Definitely not what I expected this game to be, but I am extremely excited. Looks like a shit ton to see and do and a million ways to get around.

How to get from one island to the next seems like a puzzle in of itself.

Reactions: Andrei79

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Going to try and not look up where to find anything whatsoever when i play this game. Keep it completely natural. I looked up nearly everything playing Elden Ring and a lot of things when i played BOTW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad