Player Discussion The Legend of John Klingberg

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
If he is able to all the remaining games (not a guarantee) and produces at the same ppg rate than he will finish with 47 points. So 49 is definitely possible, but the smart money is probably against it. He is producing at a .69 ppg pace, which over a full 82 game equals 57 points, pretty dang impressive.

For some reason I doubt that his point production will drop with Seguin's return. Will have to wait and see how serious his injury is though, hopefully just a game or 2.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I just hope its nothing serious like tweeking his hip that he had surgery on... or even a bad groin injury or something that keeps him out a few weeks. He definitely makes the Stars better when hes playing but honestly, I just wanna see what his points will be by end of season. Kid is unreal

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
For some reason I doubt that his point production will drop with Seguin's return. Will have to wait and see how serious his injury is though, hopefully just a game or 2.

Well every year there are only about 5-6 defenseman in the entire NHL that produce at that pace. Who knows, maybe the wunderkind is already at that level I just wouldn't put money on it.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Klingberg keeps picking up points, Forsberg has really cooled down(55 points in 71 games or something...off from his PPG pace). I think Klinger has a shot at the Calder now.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Klingberg keeps picking up points, Forsberg has really cooled down(55 points in 71 games or something...off from his PPG pace). I think Klinger has a shot at the Calder now.

Nope, Ekblad has played waaaaaaaaay better haven't u heard

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ekblad has too much... allure around his name for Klingberg to get ahead of him.

55 points is still great for a rookie. There's certainly a good argument that Klingberg's season has been better (similar pace but as a defender), but who knows what the voting committee thinks. I hope Klingberg at least gets a nod and a top 3 finish.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Don't get your hopes up, he won't be in the top 3.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan here who happened to be in Dallas to watch the Flames Stars game last week and I was really impressed with Klingberg's game. Maybe it was just a good night but I came away thinking he is already your #1 D man. So cool and calm in every situation at all points of the game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Our #1? Probably.

Not quite a #1 defender yet though.

BigMacOnIce

Oct 13, 2014
Jets fan here who happened to be in Dallas to watch the Flames Stars game last week and I was really impressed with Klingberg's game. Maybe it was just a good night but I came away thinking he is already your #1 D man. So cool and calm in every situation at all points of the game.

Nah, it was a typical night. The kid is mesmerizing to watch. He's in the same tier with Johnny Hockey, Forsberg and Ekblad.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Awesome highlight reel. :)

I think what's most interesting is the score on most of those. Close games where we're tying it or taking the lead. Klingberg seems to produce the most when the pressure's on - would love to see him in the playoffs.

maltrophstitan

Oct 7, 2011
The best play from last year was his no look pass to Benn on the powerplay, wasn't in the highlight reel.
Also love his goal celebration, like a king raising his scepter

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
His goals were nice, but dang some of those assists were just perfection. :popcorn:

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Who is a comparable nhl player to klingberg? Do u guys feel he could be a 60 pt dman consistently?

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
If we're talking players of the past, I think Larry Murphy is a pretty decent comparable.

Was never the biggest Murphy fan, just kind of too soft for my liking (not that I'm necessarily calling Klingberg soft), definitely effective as heck though. Great with the puck. Great vision. Good feet. Excellent shot. Decent defensively, and hopefully improves there as Murphy did later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad