Player Discussion The Legend of John Klingberg

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Probably 2-4 on offense, and mid pack (maybe 60th-90th) on defense, but getting better through smarts and positioning.

Somehow, the 2-4 on offense pulls him way up from the 31 average of the two rankings, because the offensive part can't be taught, and is highly sought out. On the other hand, size can't be taught either, nor big hits, etc. He will never be the true prototype no. 1 like a Chris Pronger, Chara, etc., so we can't rank him that highly just because of offense.

So, 15 seems about right to me, too.

BigMacOnIce

Oct 13, 2014
Klingberg will be regarded as a Top 10 Dman by the end of this season

He's two years younger than Karlsson and is already just as good offensively. His defense will improve with every coming season(he's much better than Karlsson was at 23). Honestly I think he'll be seen as the best Dman in the game before this decade ends.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not a lot of points lately.

Is he playing worse, or are the bounces just not going his way?

He's cooled off, but the entire team has to some extent. He's still #2 in the league in points by defenders, and he's still playing great defense. I'm not particularly worried.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Not a lot of points lately.

Is he playing worse, or are the bounces just not going his way?

Little of both, he was on pace for like 93 points going into December, that was never going to happen. Just a matter of time till he got hit with a cold streak. Peaks and valleys, happens to everyone.

Compounding the reason for the lack of production was just the team's PP work, it was ice cold for about a month long stretch, shooting an unsustainable low shooting percentage, some sketchy zone entries and just a general lack of execution. Happens, not really worried though.

Ssudzzy

Jun 10, 2014
I would really like to see less drop passes. Razor put it best. "If he was on a breakaway he would still look for a drop pass"

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Opponents have scouted that PP drop pass to Spezza and many times you see opposing PK player chasing Klingberg just to block that. Still Klingberg usually makes that drop pass which is pretty dangerous when PK player is right next to you. I rather would see Klingberg taking advantage of this and skating the puck into the zone himself.

dave_no

Mar 27, 2006
Do you think it will play Klingberg more time in shorhanded and will be more blocket shots? I ask becouse fantasy...

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Why is Klingberg on the second pp unit?

And why does he play 5 minutes less than someone like Demers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad