The legacy of Henrik Lundqvist

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
Nah, Crosby took punishment that was ridiculous and he would snap at the refs in his rookie year, after that he learned to just shut up and as a Captain he talks to the refs like he is supposed to , but unless you are mentally stuck in 2005-06, saying Crosby is a whiner is just a flat out troll comment.

Lundqvist was whining more and more the older he got, throwing his own players under the bus, skating to the refs aggressively, snapping his stick, and then shoving his net and also to the point of flipping it.

Sorry the truth offended you so much. He's a hell of a goalie stats wise, but as a person, kind of full of himself.

okay ya Crosby must have had it harder than other super stars like Ovi, Stamkos, McDavid. These guys aren’t labeled as whiners, but Crosby and Lundy are.

Lol ya “the truth” hurts. It’s not like I’ve called Lundqvist a whiner several times now.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
okay ya Crosby must have had it harder than other super stars like Ovi, Stamkos, McDavid. These guys aren’t labeled as whiners, but Crosby and Lundy are.

Lol ya “the truth” hurts. It’s not like I’ve called Lundqvist a whiner several times now.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Lundqvist is, on and off of HFboards.

Crosby is primarily on HFboards and by Torts, who actually whines and then calls people that don't say anything, whiners.

You'l figure it out soon, I think. I hope.

It's not a matter of agree to disagree, you're just wrong and your bias is showing. You should try to check that at the door when you post in the main forum.

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010

Crosby is primarily on HFboards and by Torts, who actually whines and then calls people that don't say anything, whiners.

It's not a matter of agree to disagree, you're just wrong and your bias is showing. You should try to check that at the door when you post in the main forum.

I don’t think I’ll ever figure this post out.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If all players on Hanks team had the same passion for the game they would never loose. They would loose it for sure! But never loose. Hank and Forsberg are the ones from Sweden thats known for their "vinnarskalle" competitive mindset. So id take the whining if its matched with compete level.

Reactions: RalphyDanger

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

I’m reading this thread, trying to pick a side. I have no idea what this means. It’s just words randomly placed. Usually I’m pretty good at deciphering non-English speak. But I can’t figure this out.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Id like to have a full team of whiners , seems like most of them want to win more then others. I especially want whiners that get better when they get angry.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Good goalie, good career (international), he has had his moments in the NHL,
there have been seasons where he was the best goalie in the league, however....
some people here are saying that, Lundqvist has been the most consistent goalie
post lock out? seriously?!? - couldn't be more far away from the truth.

The reason (main reason) why King Henrik couldn't win anything in his NHL career
was indeed his inconsistency, he always (mostly) melted when the team needed him the most
all the migraine explanations...not saying he didn't have migraines, but....i dunno.

There are great goalies and there a good goalies, Lundqvist belongs to the latter.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Good goalie, good career (international), he has had his moments in the NHL,
there have been seasons where he was the best goalie in the league, however....
some people here are saying that, Lundqvist has been the most consistent goalie
post lock out? seriously?!? - couldn't be more far away from the truth.

The reason (main reason) why King Henrik couldn't win anything in his NHL career
was indeed his inconsistency, he always (mostly) melted when the team needed him the most
all the migraine explanations...not saying he didn't have migraines, but....i dunno.

There are great goalies and there a good goalies, Lundqvist belongs to the latter.

Lundqvist is a great goalie.

So you think he always mostly melted when team needed him the most. Maby it is becasue the team always has needed him the most, like all the time.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I don't know, one can argue he was the best draft pick in the 21st century. Take a look when you have the chance what round it was. I believe it was the 2000 draft where some team took a goalie 1st overall. The blue shirts had no issues in goal for close to 20 years. Hall of famer that came just short of a cup. Still some tread on the tires so maybe he can secure the cup one day but just a heck of a ride I'm sure for the ranger faithful. This is coming from a disgruntled Isles fan....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He had better numbers. And faced more chances. And his team had worse corsi. Price had it easier, had worse numbers and still lost.

And that one goal is the difference in a playoff series. Maybe Price should have stopped one more and the series would have went 7. Or not let up a soft back hand by Tanner Glass.
Nope. Lundqvist faced a much weaker offence than Price. Lundqvist looked like a hero against one of the worst offences in the league, then gave up 18 goals in the next round and lost easily.

Oh - and Price had a .933 SV%, so not exactly a weak series for him.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Nah, Crosby took punishment that was ridiculous and he would snap at the refs in his rookie year, after that he learned to just shut up and as a Captain he talks to the refs like he is supposed to , but unless you are mentally stuck in 2005-06, saying Crosby is a whiner is just a flat out troll comment.

Lundqvist was whining more and more the older he got, throwing his own players under the bus, skating to the refs aggressively, snapping his stick, and then shoving his net and also to the point of flipping it.

Sorry the truth offended you so much. He's a hell of a goalie stats wise, but as a person, kind of full of himself.

Was this around 2005? Wait...No, it was just this last year. So Lundqvist should take some notes on how a captain should treat the Refs from this dude? Sure looked like he learned to shut up and talk to the refs as "he is supposed to".

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Must have forgot about the October games, or was that when the bandwagon was not in full-flight because Crosby was resting? Careful not to get caught in the wind riding that high horse home....

@RalphyDanger

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
To me he's the best goalie since the lockout and among the 20-30 best goalies to ever play the game. Be nice to see him get a Cup before he retires.

How would that be possible? Rangers are rebuilding and most teams that contend can't really fit his salary in, even with a bit of retention.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014

If you don’t think Crosby is a whiner, and among the leagues worst, you’re wrong. It’s that simple.

A lot of whiners are great players, see: Crosby, Doughty, Lundqvist, the list goes on.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Nope. Lundqvist faced a much weaker offence than Price. Lundqvist looked like a hero against one of the worst offences in the league, then gave up 18 goals in the next round and lost easily.

Oh - and Price had a .933 SV%, so not exactly a weak series for him.

You may say the offense was weaker, but he factually faced more chances and more high danger chances and still had better stats than Price.

Montreal dominated some of the games they lost in because Price was one step behind.

Price isn't the reason they lost. He played well. Lundqvist played exceptional.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
king with no ring

Don't worry about that. Henrik has plenty of shiny hardware.

a8f468bcd46d5bac255bfee1ba86bec7--henrik-lundqvist-gold-medal-winners.jpg

kinghank2.jpg

• Ciccarelli
  • Alfredsson
  • Bure
  • Dionne
  • Gartner
  • Hawerchuk
  • Cujo
  • Kariya
  • Lindros
  • Neely
  • Oates
  • Park
  • Ratelle
  • Sundin

All time greats who never won the cup. Do you view them differently because of that? Cause if you do, then It's safe to say you don't understand the concept of what a team game actually is.

This isn't Boxing. Golf. Tennis. There's only so much 1 player can do. If you watched Lundqvist throughout his career, you would realize the only reason why the Rangers even sniffed the playoffs was because of Lundqvist.

Your goal in this thread is very transparent though. You dislike Lundqvist and will use whatever you can as a crutch for your failed argument. Keep on hating, hater.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Best goalie post lockout, 10 year run of being top 5 in Vezina voting is matched by few. People will look back and ask themselves how he only won 1 Vezina,

Don't get the people trying to say management never gave him a team... they sold off their future and spent stupid amounts of money to try and win.... they just failed to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad