OT - NO POLITICS The Leaves,They Are a Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My wife and I have just spent a few days hiking in one of our nearby national parks. It's a lovely spot. Some great views and lots of rock scrambling.

IMG_20231010_115259936.jpg
IMG_20231010_112050227_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231011_104911106.jpg
IMG_20231010_143103344_HDR.jpg

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
lol.
i picked ip disc golf this year and ive poison ivy pretty much all summer. but this latest one is brutal and in the worst spot.lol
I don't see the appeal in disc golf, but if I played it that might change. I do LOVE golf though. We decided to get in one more round tomorrow before my oldest son leaves tomorrow night late (Redeyes are for young people!) And I'm building a simulator bay in my garage for those times when I can't make it to the course.

Just one more benefit of desert golf is no poison ivy. Though we do have to be careful of run ins with cactus if you don't hit it straight! (depending on the course) And the wildlife is cool. When we played on Monday, we saw a ton of rabbits, quail, roadrunners, and even a coyote traipsed across the 16th fairway as the sun was going down.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Kinda stinks I worked 55 hours and only got paid for less than 40

Not the only person this has happened too but doesnt bode well for a high end restaurant to do this to its staff

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Anyone ever get a zit on the inside of their nostril?

I think this could be a technique to defeat Hamas
I get them right under my nose and they hurt like hell and all you can do is not pick at it. I use Mighty Zit patches and they actually work. I wear them for a few days (I change the patch in the morning and at night) and the zit is greatly reduced or gone.

I had horrible cystic acne as a teen all along my jawline to the point I had to take medication for it. I no longer get them that bad but I do break out like clockwork in one damn spot on the left side of my jaw.

Reactions: NeelyDan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I get them right under my nose and they hurt like hell and all you can do is not pick at it. I use Mighty Zit patches and they actually work. I wear them for a few days (I change the patch in the morning and at night) and the zit is greatly reduced or gone.

I had horrible cystic acne as a teen all along my jawline to the point I had to take medication for it. I no longer get them that bad but I do break out like clockwork in one damn spot on the left side of my jaw.
Mighty Zit lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Kinda stinks I worked 55 hours and only got paid for less than 40

Not the only person this has happened too but doesnt bode well for a high end restaurant to do this to its staff
You need to report this to payroll immediately and you also need to make sure you document everything. Take photos of when you clock in and out, when you take breaks ect.

Ask for their explaination or any policies they may cite in writing and if they refuse, document it. If they balk at any time, report them.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
They have an app to track hours and stuff but they never told us about it and I have only heard about it through another coworker. A buddy is texting me his check is also short. Bad news that their best side cook and 2 broiler cooks have been shorted.

When I go in I am talking to them immediately

I dont spend 50+ hours there for fun and whats hilarious is during training they preached work more and make more money

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They have an app to track hours and stuff but they never told us about it and I have only heard about it through another coworker. A buddy is texting me his check is also short. Bad news that their best side cook and 2 broiler cooks have been shorted.

When I go in I am talking to them immediately

I dont spend 50+ hours there for fun and whats hilarious is during training they preached work more and make more money
What ever happened to driving trucks for a living?

Reactions: NeelyDan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Quebec Autoroute 35 is almost finished just a tad behind schedule.

It was supposed to be completed to the Vermont border

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I found the hobbit follow-on series to be dreadful compared to LoTR

To be fair, LoTR set the bar incredibly high.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of the Hobbit movies as well but LoTR is without a doubt superior. The Twin Towers and Return of the King are both absolutely phenomenal in my eyes. RotK is in my top 5 movies of all time and Twin Towers is easily top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad