OT - NO POLITICS The Leaves,They Are a Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Many people in New England are stubborn.

I had my heat at 60 and it came on, so I figured it was time.

It is true you get colder as you age. I purchased a small electric heater that I use in my living room when it is really cold. It helps keep the bill down for heat.

I’ve been discovering this about myself lately the last couple years glad it’s “normal”

• Haha
Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Many people in New England are stubborn.

I had my heat at 60 and it came on, so I figured it was time.

It is true you get colder as you age. I purchased a small electric heater that I use in my living room when it is really cold. It helps keep the bill down for heat.
Yep especially if you're just hanging out in one room for the most part, wasteful heating the whole place for nothing.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Two of my sons are visiting, along with my daughter in law with my oldest boy. So good having them visiting at the same time. My middle son came in on Saturday morning, and we were on the first tee box before 10 that day, then again Sunday morning. My oldest came in Sunday night, and we were out yet again on a really pretty (and tough) desert course yesterday. Then they got to experience our regular Monday night trivia. Mexican food tonight, then a Bruins opening night party tomorrow night. Love having the house full.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Amazon doing a prime sale today and tomorrow, anyoneing up anything? I'm getting some grooming supplies for the dog, but still looking at the lightning deals as they come up. There are some good giftcard deals (i.e. $50 dominos or panera giftcard for $40), but nothing yet for any of the places that relatives who need upcoming birthday presents would go to yet.

My big purchase was a Bissell steam mop (since I hate the sweeping and mopping on our tile floor we have to do every weekend), except I got a better price at Walmart who put it on sale to compete with Amazon's promotion.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Amazon doing a prime sale today and tomorrow, anyoneing up anything? I'm getting some grooming supplies for the dog, but still looking at the lightning deals as they come up. There are some good giftcard deals (i.e. $50 dominos or panera giftcard for $40), but nothing yet for any of the places that relatives who need upcoming birthday presents would go to yet.

My big purchase was a Bissell steam mop (since I hate the sweeping and mopping on our tile floor we have to do every weekend), except I got a better price at Walmart who put it on sale to compete with Amazon's promotion.
I bought a new Xbox headset since mine was 2 years old and taped up lol but that's it so far, their ads are pretty annoying though.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Not this time but I have a rechargeable candl lighter in my cart along with some foam dish packing sleeves that I'll be buying on Friday. Not super glamerous sadly.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Two of my sons are visiting, along with my daughter in law with my oldest boy. So good having them visiting at the same time. My middle son came in on Saturday morning, and we were on the first tee box before 10 that day, then again Sunday morning. My oldest came in Sunday night, and we were out yet again on a really pretty (and tough) desert course yesterday. Then they got to experience our regular Monday night trivia. Mexican food tonight, then a Bruins opening night party tomorrow night. Love having the house full.
A very special week in our house. <3
We are just missing the youngest and one daughter in law

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I bought a new Xbox headset since mine was 2 years old and taped up lol but that's it so far, their ads are pretty annoying though.

Amazon is the devil.

Take it from me. And yes, many of the horror stories are true.

Then again, I need some toe clippers and a new edition of The Food Lovers Companion. So, you know...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I feel badly for my wife and her hot flashes.

I’m also happy for me because I like it cold.

We ran the a/c overnight and probably will for another couple of weeks.

(Northern Mass.)

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH