OT - NO POLITICS The Leaves,They Are a Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They were terrible....the sweating from nowhere....not being able to sleep...flipping and flopping....kicking off blankets followed by grabbing all the blankets...oh and the mood changes....OMG....glad is was my wife and not me.....she's much tougher than I am
Sounds like torture

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sounds like torture
Honestly ...it was not that big of a deal. So what if you have to get out of bed and stand outside in Winter to cool down?

I did not take any meds to get through it. It was not that bad and if you know it is coming you can easily deal with it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
on the topic of sleeping. past 2 nites Ive slept a total of 4 hours due to this friggin poison ivy. Its all over my lower stomach and groins.
This morning i said F it and just let the hot shower stay on it for 5 minutes. Aaahhhhhh.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
on the topic of sleeping. past 2 nites Ive slept a total of 4 hours due to this friggin poison ivy. Its all over my lower stomach and groins.
This morning i said F it and just let the hot shower stay on it for 5 minutes. Aaahhhhhh.

pick up some Tecnu. The stuff is magic for ivy, it dries it out fast and gets rid of the itch.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I have preached the multiple greatness of taking Apple Cider vinegar for your immune system but it also works in this case.

5 Natural Remedies for Poison Ivy Rashes - Allegheny Kiski Health Foundation

"Dabbing apple cider vinegar on your skin can help to relieve itching and might even speed up the healing process by drying out the rash. Be prepared, though, because the vinegar might make your skin sting a little when you first apply it. Some people recommend soaking a paper bag in the vinegar first, then applying the bag to the itchy areas. You can reapply the vinegar as many times throughout the day as you need to to keep you from scratching and prolonging your skin’s heal time."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1697032663236.png

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
They are rather unpleasant
I feel like the whole process has been too long. lol. I swear it's been 5 years.
Flashes not so bad, those are over. but the other dysregulations like gut and memory stuff can go jump in a lake. It's been terrible skin issues for me.

However, the whole thing is a beautiful transition into a Yin time in our bodies. I really like the "I don't give two flying farts about what anyone thinks" philosophy that comes with aging :)

Aveeno oat bath....trust me

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I feel like the whole process has been too long. lol. I swear it's been 5 years.
Flashes not so bad, those are over. but the other dysregulations like gut and memory stuff can go jump in a lake. It's been terrible skin issues for me.

However, the whole thing is a beautiful transition into a Yin time in our bodies. I really like the "I don't give two flying farts about what anyone thinks" philosophy that comes with aging :)

Aveeno oat bath....trust me
The memory/ brain stuff has been terrible lately.

Yesterday morning I packed my lunch before work. Literally two minutes later I walked out the door without it and didn't realize until I got to work.

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Sound like that may be how you got it where you got it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :sarcasm:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Interesting. A journalist who exposes corruption get arrested.
He's not a journalist first off. Never has been and never will be.

Second, no one is allowed to tamper or interfere with witnesses or juries. This activity is not protected activity.

A neutral special cousel was brought in to investigate witness tampering and intimidation and found enough evidence to charge him with 6 counts of intimidation.

Reactions: Bocephus86

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Amazon doing a prime sale today and tomorrow, anyoneing up anything? I'm getting some grooming supplies for the dog, but still looking at the lightning deals as they come up. There are some good giftcard deals (i.e. $50 dominos or panera giftcard for $40), but nothing yet for any of the places that relatives who need upcoming birthday presents would go to yet.

My big purchase was a Bissell steam mop (since I hate the sweeping and mopping on our tile floor we have to do every weekend), except I got a better price at Walmart who put it on sale to compete with Amazon's promotion.
I bought a Ricky Bobby & matching Cal Naughton Jr. Halloween costume for the wife and I.

Shake N Bake baby......

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have preached the multiple greatness of taking Apple Cider vinegar for your immune system but it also works in this case.

5 Natural Remedies for Poison Ivy Rashes - Allegheny Kiski Health Foundation

"Dabbing apple cider vinegar on your skin can help to relieve itching and might even speed up the healing process by drying out the rash. Be prepared, though, because the vinegar might make your skin sting a little when you first apply it. Some people recommend soaking a paper bag in the vinegar first, then applying the bag to the itchy areas. You can reapply the vinegar as many times throughout the day as you need to to keep you from scratching and prolonging your skin’s heal time."
I did this for a month and my sweat smelled like Vinegar. I promptly was told to stop regardless of its health benefits.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I did this for a month and my sweat smelled like Vinegar. I promptly was told to stop regardless of its health benefits.
Vinegar is brutal on your skin. I use it to deep clean my kitchen sink and have to wear gloves or my knuckles will start to bleed. Apple cider vinegar is great at killing those tiny little sugar ants. One spray and they're dead.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Vinegar is brutal on your skin. I use it to deep clean my kitchen sink and have to wear gloves or my knuckles will start to bleed. Apple cider vinegar is great at killing those tiny little sugar ants. One spray and they're dead.
I take a tablespoon everyday of Apple Cider Vinegar for the past 10 years and my acid reflux is gone and my immune system has improved incredibly.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I take a tablespoon everyday of Apple Cider Vinegar for the past 10 years and my acid reflux is gone and my immune system has improved incredibly.
I just started taking it again in pill form. I definitely noticed a difference when I took it regularly.

I also take elderberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad