The Leafs will be the team that ends Canada’s cup drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Amazing. In November the sky was falling and now they’re back to being the greatest team ever assembled and well on their way to the cup. Sheldon Keefe is the greatest coach to ever live!!!

That may be true but he'll never be better than those coaches who never lived.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
So you’re gonna deny that your fandom isn’t annoying as hell? You Leaf fans are quick to talk smack about us Sabres fans and paint us all with the same brush. Why can’t the same thing happen to you?

If the Leafs win the cup, awesome. I’d feel the same way as my Indians in baseball if they finally won. You know your fan base would be annoying as hell if that happened. I will admit my original comments were unprovoked if you can admit that you know I’m right. If not, fight by the flagpole at noon?
You're literally in this thread doing exactly what you're saying makes Leafs fans bad. You can't be THAT dense that you don't see the hypocrisy there, can you?

Its not a case of Leafs fans being ****s. Its a case of people are ****s.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
You're literally in this thread doing exactly what you're saying makes Leafs fans bad. You can't be THAT dense that you don't see the hypocrisy there, can you?

Its not a case of Leafs fans being ****s. Its a case of people are ****s.

Oh I know people are Cheney’s. And the Sabres fans who act like we’re awesome because we’re 1st at the end of the first week of October make me roll my eyes. And I can’t wait until the inevitable crash so they shut up. You can hopefully admit that for the most part, your fan base is insufferable and if you won the cup would be even worse.

NHL1995

Dec 9, 2019
haven't sniffed a playoff series win since 2004

And the time they got close in 2013 when they were up 4-1 in the third period with 10 mins to go in game 7, their defense let in 4 goals. And what would have been an easy win for a team with a better defense turned into a nightmare that will never be forgotten.

It's almost 7 years later and they haven't addressed that issue. The Leafs still have stretches where they allow a ton of goals. Ask the 2010 capitals and the 2019 Lightning how much having a good offense in the regular season worked out for them in the playoffs (They both won the Presidents trophy thanks to their high powered offense and then proceeded to lose in the first round).

Come back to me when the Leafs consistently know how to keep the puck out of the net or get past the first round.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
You know, when the Leafs' struggles first started in Pat Quinn's last year, I was positive that Ottawa would be the next Canadian team to win the cup. Felt stronger about them than Calgary and Edmonton in those years.

Then I was 100% sure it was going to be Vancouver. They were stacked and played a great system.

After than, I was fairly certain Winnipeg looked like the team that would end the drought. All that young talent at every position, how could they miss?

Now? Now all I'm fairly confident in is that someday, a Canadian team might win the Cup. Maybe.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
And the time they got close in 2013 when they were up 4-1 in the third period with 10 mins to go in game 7, their defense let in 4 goals. And what would have been an easy win for a team with a better defense turned into a nightmare that will never be forgotten.

It's almost 7 years later and they haven't addressed that issue. The Leafs still have stretches where they allow a ton of goals. Ask the 2010 capitals and the 2019 Lightning how much having a good offense in the regular season worked out for them in the playoffs (They both won the Presidents trophy thanks to their high powered offense and then proceeded to lose in the first round).

Come back to me when the Leafs consistently know how to keep the puck out of the net or get past the first round.

Top 5 team in GA/G since Keefe took over.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Oh I know people are Cheney’s. And the Sabres fans who act like we’re awesome because we’re 1st at the end of the first week of October make me roll my eyes. And I can’t wait until the inevitable crash so they shut up. You can hopefully admit that for the most part, your fan base is insufferable and if you won the cup would be even worse.
I find that generally you get treated the way you treat others. Which probably explains why you've encountered some that are less than friendly.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not gonna quote you because that’s too much to delete to get to your edit, but Keefe has only won on two levels. And I don’t put any stock in to junior B championships. If he’s learned anything since junior A (aka coaching the Greyhounds) then great. Leafs have a chance. However all of his teams have been uber-skilled and he hasn’t had a chance to do his coaching skills at the highest level until this year.

Also let’s all practice Santeria so the Leafs never win. This place will be insufferable then.

lol. the dude has ONLY won in 2 of the three levels he has been in. he missed out in the OHL despite coaching a team to a .809win% his final year. He is also 15-4-1 in the NHL.

"all of his teams have been uber skilled" yeah nah thats just a downright ignorant comment. from a former marlies season ticket holder, the 2016-2017 team was downright awful. Kerby rychel led the team with 52pts. they had 6 different goalies appear in games (and Bibeau was a sieve). Half the team bounced up and down between the NHL and AHL. The team last year had 3/4 goalies who played more than 2 games under .900sv%...when the #2 leadiong scorer is journeyman christ mueller and #3 is timashov with 14g/49 pts, cant call that uber skilled either.

Keefe deserves all the praise he gets, time to stop being salty and give the man the credit he deserves for taking over a team that only won 40% of its games, and helping it win 75% of its games

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I find that generally you get treated the way you treat others. Which probably explains why you've encountered some that are less than friendly.

Weird. Cause every Leaf fan I’ve encountered here (where I live) has been chill. We’re hockey fans even if we cheer for different teams. There’s no smack talking or whatever. It’s only online where Leaf fans are terrible.

Look I hope the Leafs win something eventually. I just hope that happens when I’m 80 and can’t remember the Internet exists (if I love that long)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I swear 80% of HFboard posters don't have memory longer than 2 weeks. A few weeks ago everyone said they needed to blow it up. Now they're a dynasty in the making. In a couple more weeks they'll have a 3 game losing streak and everyone will be jumping ship again.

a few weeks ago so mid decmber? they were 7-4 at the time under keefe so its highly doubtful everyone was saying they need to blow it up then. maybe after the philly game when they gave up 3 late goals but that was over a month ago....

i guess your memory isnt so good eh? glass houses

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
lol. the dude has ONLY won in 2 of the three levels he has been in. he missed out in the OHL despite coaching a team to a .809win% his final year. He is also 15-4-1 in the NHL.

"all of his teams have been uber skilled" yeah nah thats just a downright ignorant comment. from a former marlies season ticket holder, the 2016-2017 team was downright awful. Kerby rychel led the team with 52pts. they had 6 different goalies appear in games (and Bibeau was a sieve). Half the team bounced up and down between the NHL and AHL. The team last year had 3/4 goalies who played more than 2 games under .900sv%...when the #2 leadiong scorer is journeyman christ mueller and #3 is timashov with 14g/49 pts, cant call that uber skilled either.

Keefe deserves all the praise he gets, time to stop being salty and give the man the credit he deserves for taking over a team that only won 40% of its games, and helping it win 75% of its games

Can you ever criticize anything the Leafs do? Or do you think they are the second coming of Jesus?

I am in the Soo. You know, the same city your GM and coach are from. I know all about their style of play. It’s “we can and we will” out score everyone.

I know the 16-17 Marlies were crap. That was the start of the new regime. The Leafs built up their team the right way. But AHL success does not translate to NHL success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad