Post-Game Talk: the Leafs are undefeated, and we won the shootout. no the world is not ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Not enough Rielly talk in this thread.

That is the best pro debut by a Leaf prospect I've ever seen.

I think it's nice that the team is competitive enough that fans are not anointing this kid as the saviour. Solid performance, and I'm not surprised, he's a good young player.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
All other fans besides you guys will trash me, but I really think the Leafs are a top 4 team in the eastern conference.

in all honesty with games like this at times I can see why people argue why they aren't. but to me - when they start clicking.... it's going to be a beautiful thing to see.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Guys guys listen. We aren't possessing the puck enough. Going by the stat sheet we're 0-3....wait....we're 3-0? Never mind then. Move along.

Defense was pretty poor for most of the game, but the forwards really picked up the slack.

Dion did a capable job of shutting down the Spezza line. They were almost a none factor.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
you all laughed when I invited you to #teambernier in the summer, but we will always be here with open arms to accept all new comers!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Woo 3-0! Sure I hate the shootout, but if it's going to exist I at least want to win it and get the extra point.

Bernier was huge coming into the game and shutting the door long enough for us to come back. The top line was on fire, Raymond was outstanding, and Rielly really settled down after the first period or so.

There was a lot done poorly in that game, but we won and that's the key thing at the end of the day.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Gardiner had a GREAT game. He was calm all night long, and made the right passes out of the zone. Had some turnovers, but he had a very solid game. Saw some of playoff Gards tonight.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Will say this also, Carlyle thinks of Orr more than a fighter. On the ice with 3 mins left in the game with 2 big shifts. Some of our own fans should learn to give this man some credit by stop referring him to as just a goon.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
feels good man. sucks for reims, but man bernier stood on his head.

he's winning me over. LA fans said this guy would be awesome, and now i believe them.

#teambernier :yo:

I hope you guys will "finally" believe us. It's easy to get stuck married to players you believe are better. I know a couple of games is not a season, but Bernier is the real deal. It won't take long for the rest of you to figure it out. I was rooting for you guys because of Bernier. He is not a great shoot out goalie, but is outstanding in games.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's a shame voters solely look at offensive stats for voting the Norris, Karlsson looked like a pylon tonight against the Leafs. Possible the most overrated player in the NHL. He's good offensively, but defensively he's far from being mentioned on par with Chara.

good gravy tell me about it.

Phaneuf is the overrated one yet tonight it was
"Can't get past Phaneuf."
"Phaneuf stands up his guy."

where it was
"walked wide by Karlsson."
"passed by Karlsson."

and the one that made me :facepalm: was "well Karlsson doesn't really play that much PK time." the heck?

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
That game was a defensive trainwreck, for both teams.

Didn't think we'd come back from 2 goals down though, great character win right there.

6 points baby :handclap:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Beating Montreal and Ottawa in the first week of the season. Doesn't get better than that. Next Boston. For the trifecta.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Over in the Sens board they are complaining about the CBC and how the announcers are pro Leafs and sucking the leafs you know what. I live in Ottawa and understand Sens fans are dillusional but wow. They said Healy is so pro Leaf.

They may want to dig up our CBC threads haha

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Morgan Rielly had 4 SOG and logged just a bit over 18 minutes. Had a solid debut, though he was bad in the first.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Davey Bolland, unskilled 3rd line checker indeed! :lol:

Great win, even though there is a lot of room for improvement...being 3-0 is pretty sweet.

raydizzle

Aug 8, 2010
Carlyle is definitely gonna ride Bernier the next few games, especially when we're playing against western conference teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad