Post-Game Talk: the Leafs are undefeated, and we won the shootout. no the world is not ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
good gravy tell me about it.

Phaneuf is the overrated one yet tonight it was
"Can't get past Phaneuf."
"Phaneuf stands up his guy."

where it was
"walked wide by Karlsson."
"passed by Karlsson."

and the one that made me :facepalm: was "well Karlsson doesn't really play that much PK time." the heck?

JVR made Karlsson look like Lebda, and there was another play that Karlsson was schooled on. Until the kid learns to play better defence or shorthanded, he's overrated with a capital O.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Lovin this team so far. Finally have balanced scoring lines. Everyone on the top 6 can score and even some on the 3rd line.:)

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
The obvious stat that wasn't very pleasing was 33 turnovers by the Leafs... ughh

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Will say this also, Carlyle thinks of Orr more than a fighter. On the ice with 3 mins left in the game with 2 big shifts. Some of our own fans should learn to give this man some credit by stop referring him to as just a goon.

His physicality helped spark the team at times as much as Bernier's huge saves. The way he was laughing with Bolland and Carlyle before the shootout says a lot to me about the connection these guys all have, and it was nice to see the coach show confidence in him late in the game.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Serious question: Is there anything better than forcing the sens to blow a 2 goal lead, scoring a debateable goal AND winning the game? :laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
His physicality helped spark the team at times as much as Bernier's huge saves. The way he was laughing with Bolland and Carlyle before the shootout says a lot to me about the connection these guys all have, and it was nice to see the coach show confidence in him late in the game.
Honestly Orr has proven me wrong. I thought he really was only there for a couple fights and such. But during the playoffs and early this season showing how effective he can be physically out there.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
4 on 3 for the Leafs, 41 seconds to go. Norris Trophy winner watching from the bench.

Is that really the type of Norris defenseman you want on your team?

Give me a defenseman that ACTUALLY plays in all situations. Karlsson was a manoeuvrable pylon tonight and Phaneuf was shutting Spezza's line.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Find it interesting Bollands turn around. He was abysmal in the preseason, and everyone was calling for his head. But hes turned it around when it actually matters.

Same can be said for Bernier. Wasnt good in the preseason, but has really picked up the slack here.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Disclaimer: I missed the first half of the 1st period.

Phaneuf had an absolute BEAST of a game.

If Phaneuf keeps this up, maybe the trick is giving him one year deals so that he's always playing for that next contract. The team has been defensively loose in their first 3 games but Phaneuf has been the most steady guy on the back end that's while dealing with the toughest competition. Everyone complains about how the guy isn't captain material. He's playing like a captain and still, not enough people are willing to give him credit for it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Davey Bolland, unskilled 3rd line checker indeed! :lol:

Great win, even though there is a lot of room for improvement...being 3-0 is pretty sweet.

There was a poster that said he missed our #3C from last year because Bolland couldn't create offence just before he scored 2 goals against Philly on Wednesday. Wonder where he/she stands now? ;)

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Over in the Sens board they are complaining about the CBC and how the announcers are pro Leafs and sucking the leafs you know what. I live in Ottawa and understand Sens fans are dillusional but wow. They said Healy is so pro Leaf.

They may want to dig up our CBC threads haha

mind-blown-computer-reaction-KI6uQy.jpg

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Beating Montreal and Ottawa in the first week of the season. Doesn't get better than that. Next Boston. For the trifecta.

None of the teams we've played yet are anything close to Boston. I hope the embarassing playoff exit fuels them up for the B's. I feel like that playoff series was the end of Kessels frustratingly bad games against them.

Hopefully Kessel slays them

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Beating Montreal and Ottawa in the first week of the season. Doesn't get better than that. Next Boston. For the trifecta.

we don't play them until November... 9th, I do believe. the rest of the month is western teams (minus a visit from Hurricanes & Penguins).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Will say this also, Carlyle thinks of Orr more than a fighter. On the ice with 3 mins left in the game with 2 big shifts. Some of our own fans should learn to give this man some credit by stop referring him to as just a goon.

I hate when people call Orr a goon because he's more of a heart and soul player. I don't ever see Orr half-assing it on the ice. He earns every single minute he gets and even when he's not fighting...he gives the crowd something to cheer about.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
4 on 3 for the Leafs, 41 seconds to go. Norris Trophy winner watching from the bench.

Is that really the type of Norris defenseman you want on your team?

Give me a defenseman that ACTUALLY plays in all situations. Karlsson was a manoeuvrable pylon tonight and Phaneuf was shutting Spezza's line.

I'd take Karlsson on my team all day long, defensive inefficiencies or not :dunno:

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Davey Bolland, unskilled 3rd line checker indeed! :lol:

Great win, even though there is a lot of room for improvement...being 3-0 is pretty sweet.

That pass to Raymond, Mason was sick. For a guy that doesn't have a lot of speed, the way he sneaks in behind the play and works his way to the front of the net and makes great plays, what hockey IQ

Asif16*

Lol and they phaneuf is "overrated".

Oh yeah, and sens fans think that Methot is Better than Phaneuf. :laugh::laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is puny. :)

Karlsson's a great offensive weapon, it would be silly to not admit he is. But I really got tired of hearing how great he was when Ottawa continued winning without him after his injury. Overrated. Call it like I see it, the defensive mistakes he made tonight were rookie mistakes.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Sloppy game by both teams.

Leafs need to stop with the turnovers and show a hell of a lot more jump from the get go.

Bernier stole another game for us. Can't keep counting on this every game. At some point the team in front of him needs to find their legs early and play a smarter puck game.

Glad they got the W!

Suck on that Karlson and the Sens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad