Post-Game Talk: the Leafs are undefeated, and we won the shootout. no the world is not ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Really happy at all the love the Leafs are getting right ow. Only a couple rotten apples at Ottawa. I always said Bernier would surprise this team, yeah it's only 3 games in but i'm predicting he gets the starting job midway through. Not saying Reimer ain't good. Bernier is just much better. He's a mid 1st rounder if people have forgotten.

Tyler Biggs*

Despite the horrid reffing, the Leafs found a way to take the game back and be the Sens killer once again! Raymond, Bolland, JVR and Kessel all had a wonderful night! Teams should be scared...if the Leafs can win when their play is THIS sloppy, just wait until the sleeping giant wakes up.

That 5 minutes of overtime was totally dominated by the Leafs!

That game did justice to the Battle of Ontario. Not a great game if you are the coach or the faint of heart, but from a fans perspective very entertaining. Can't wait to watch the rest of the games between T.O and Ottawa this year.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Shootout and win are two words I haven't seen put together in a while. Great game. The Leafs 2-3 years ago would have folded like a cheap tent after 4-2. Glad to see were gutting out wins.. some people might be discouraged by the Philly game and all the convoluted stats twisted to make the Leafs bad.. I for one am loving it! Good teams win even when all the "experts" and number crunchers say they shouldn't.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think the Leafs broke a bunch of Sens fans last night. The sky is falling over here :P

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
Really happy at all the love the Leafs are getting right ow. Only a couple rotten apples at Ottawa. I always said Bernier would surprise this team, yeah it's only 3 games in but i'm predicting he gets the starting job midway through. Not saying Reimer ain't good. Bernier is just much better. He's a mid 1st rounder if people have forgotten.
I think you may be surprised with Bernier, but I'm not given he was the backup to Quick. Reimer still has a rebound control issue, the opposite of Bernier. 1 save and done. That is what we expect an NHL #1 goalie to have as part of his toolkit. Bernier will not be perfect, but rebound control is not his problem.

Tyler Biggs*

We have a new starting goalie. One who vacuums up rebounds, who doesn't shy away from the shots, and who knows how to use that big stick he carries. Not just in puckhandling, but in tight situations around the net, where the stick can resolve half the scoring chances that come up. He does it better than most. And he made a critical glove save while standing up. I was beginning to think I'd never see the day...

Other point: Kessel. The tying goal was all his work, and he got the assist. But this type of assist is far more important than little sniper goals that he usually scores. Not only because he created the whole thing, but because he passed it instead of shooting. If the opposition knows he'll always shoot, it can adjust. But if they have to guess whether he'll shoot or pass, he becomes far more effective, and actually scores a lot more goals.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
We have a new starting goalie. One who vacuums up rebounds, who doesn't shy away from the shots, and who knows how to use that big stick he carries. Not just in puckhandling, but in tight situations around the net, where the stick can resolve half the scoring chances that come up. He does it better than most. And he made a critical glove save while standing up. I was beginning to think I'd never see the day...

Other point: Kessel. The tying goal was all his work, and he got the assist. But this type of assist is far more important than little sniper goals that he usually scores. Not only because he created the whole thing, but because he passed it instead of shooting. If the opposition knows he'll always shoot, it can adjust. But if they have to guess whether he'll shoot or pass, he becomes far more effective, and actually scores a lot more goals.
:shakehead 90 minutes of strong play from Bernier and you're already throwing Reimer under the bus? Bad games happen, I daresay Bernier will get yanked before this season is over too.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
:shakehead 90 minutes of strong play from Bernier and you're already throwing Reimer under the bus? Bad games happen, I daresay Bernier will get yanked before this season is over too.

I actually doubt it.

Honestly, majority of the time a goalie gets pulled, it's the team fault and not his. Majority!

Tyler Biggs*

In Bernier We Trust #Leafsnation

Love beating Ottawa...

Toronto is killing it this year! PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

Tyler Biggs*

Agreed, it wasn't all Reimer's fault...team was playing sloppy infront of him.

CookieCrumbs*

Glad to hear Raymond is doing well with the Leafs. Keep it up MayRay!

Tyler Biggs*

A rested Ottawa team? It's the second game of the season! They had the whole summer off. How much more rested could they be? They lost to the Leafs...that shouldn't be a new experience for Sens fans. Guess what Sens fans, good teams find a way to win regardless of being rested or not, good character win for the leafs, offense from top 3 lines is clicking early, and Spezza looked silly on the tying goal.

Apparently the Sens can only win if they are well rested!

Hey we got two points in a game where there were more giveaways by both teams. Bernier was definitely the savior and gave our team a chance to draw even. I also thought that Lupul came out of his shell in this game and played like his old self. Perhaps the chemistry is not there teamed up with Kadri. However once he played on the line with Bolland instant chemistry!! JVR has so much upside where he has flashes of star like qualities when he has the puck. and he is more and more going into the dirty areas ie around the goal crease to cause havoc for the goalies. What more can you say about Raymond and Bolland. Without them we would be hardpressed to win one of the three games. The defense has to be addressed and shots cut down from the 35 we are currently averaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad