The Leafs are the best team to not have a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Looking up and down the line up, as Dubas you really can’t do much better of a job assembling a team on paper....

It’s up to the plays now, they’re a well built team. This reminds me of 19’ Tampa, I know it’s a lot of ifs, but IF this Leafs team won the cup this year, it wouldn’t have been a shocker purely looking at the line up.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.

Nope the team that loses the finals is the best team not to have won. The Leafs choked hard, didn't get out of the first round. They're not close to the best team not to have won.

Reactions: NoelVilla

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Looking up and down the line up, as Dubas you really can’t do much better of a job assembling a team on paper....

It’s up to the plays now, they’re a well built team. This reminds me of 19’ Tampa, I know it’s a lot of ifs, but IF this Leafs team won the cup this year, it wouldn’t have been a shocker purely looking at the line up.

I mean, he could build a team with more depth that doesn't rely on 4 players to carry the offensive load?

Also, spending that much on 3 players works if those 3 players to actually produce like elite playoff performers, which is something that none of the three have done for the bulk of their playoff careers.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.

how about change thread title to win a single playoff series. Crawl before you hoist. Anyway , are you saying best all time time NHL team to not win or the best Leafs team since 1967 ? They were a very talented bunch this yearThank you ...Happy Fathers Day

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
The Maple Trees win a lot of games though in the regular season, which makes their fans excited.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

Are you joking? They lack a real number 1 defensemen, and they don't have a good goaltender. Now they likely won't get those pieces because Dubas signed 4 forwards for 40M.

Reactions: Oryxo

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Leafs fans keep saying this.

What you ignore is that the year prior to that upset loss, they won 2 series and lost in game 7 to go to the SC Finals. And 2 years prior to that did the same thing...won 2 rounds and lost in game 7. And the year prior to that, lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

How is that anything like the Leafs? The only thing similar, is they both lost in the 1st round.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
How funny would it be if Montreal heads to the finals and Leaf fans are saying to sign Perry because he helps teams get far.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
it's 100% true when they say the Leafs are the Yankees of hockey

love em, hate them, when they're good, when they suck/choke... don't matter. The whole franchise utterly blows in my honest opinion but one thing that can't be matched is their league-wide popularity. No other team has legions of Leaf fans invade their own arenas when they're in town. No other team generates this level of interest and attention all round the entire NHL.

this Leafs topic has already generated over 7 pages of conversation in less than a day and a half lol

they completely suck, even us Leaf fans know it. But no other team can compete with their popularity whether it's to love them or if they're the butt end of never ending jokes.

When it comes to money, they are winning even when they are losing.

There's money in losing, Toronto has proven it for decades. Why change their game plan now?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

I know you probably don’t know this because how could you…but there are actually three whole other rounds you have to get through to win a cup if you ever manage to get out of the first one.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
it's 100% true when they say the Leafs are the Yankees of hockey

love em, hate them, when they're good, when they suck/choke... don't matter. The whole franchise utterly blows in my honest opinion but one thing that can't be matched is their league-wide popularity. No other team has legions of Leaf fans invade their own arenas when they're in town. No other team generates this level of interest and attention all round the entire NHL.

this Leafs topic has already generated over 7 pages of conversation in less than a day and a half lol

they completely suck, even us Leaf fans know it. But no other team can compete with their popularity whether it's to love them or if they're the butt end of never ending jokes.

When it comes to money, they are winning even when they are losing.

There's money in losing, Toronto has proven it for decades. Why change their game plan now?
Except the Yankees occasionally win things

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Leafs fans keep saying this.

What you ignore is that the year prior to that upset loss, they won 2 series and lost in game 7 to go to the SC Finals. And 2 years prior to that did the same thing...won 2 rounds and lost in game 7. And the year prior to that, lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.

How is that anything like the Leafs? The only thing similar, is they both lost in the 1st round.

Not to mention Tampa's elite players generally produce in the playoffs. Except Stamkos. He'd make a great Leaf.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
You can argue though that they are the best team in modern history to not even win a playoff round over time.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
You can argue though that they are the best team in modern history to not even win a playoff round over time.

on what planet are the Leafs the best team in modern history

they're the biggest joke in modern history, yes

but the best team?

i tell ya this place gets weirder and weirder by the day lol

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Is the current Leafs team the most overrated team by their fanbase in the history of the sport?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
on what planet are the Leafs the best team in modern history

they're the biggest joke in modern history, yes

but the best team?

i tell ya this place gets weirder and weirder by the day lol
Read. What. I. Said.

Best team to not even win a playoff round. There are better teams in the league for sure, and they have all won a round.

Jeeze, fail at reading more every day.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
2011 Canucks would shred this leafs roster in 4 games.
That team was absolutely stacked both offensively and defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby9

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Yeah, I was reading the rules and apparently if you win games you get more points than if you lose them.

This could also lead to excitement for the fan base, there might be something tying the two together
Absolutely. Plus a lot of Leafs fans are also Blue Jays fans, so if the season is over for the Leafs, they can watch the Jays.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There have been many teams in league history better than this year's Leafs that didn't win the Cup.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Those Sharks teams were all better, Philly 2010 was better, Canucks 2011 were better, Nashville in 2017 were better, Boston in 2017-18 were better, Ducks in 2003 were better, that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's at least 2 more teams per year that were better than this Leafs team. This is a weird thread.
literally colorado right now

Reactions: Oddbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad