Selänne - Forsberg - Kariya
Konowalchuk - Nikolishin - Barnaby
doesntmatter - doesnmatter-doesntmatter

Blake - Liles
Foote - Morris
Skoula - Skrastins

Aebischer
Salo

That team was stacked like 80`s Oilers and no cup. Forsberg and Selänne injuries probably prevented that. Selänne had played injured for 2yrs and was a shadow of his former self. After surgery and lockout he was back in form.

Reactions: tucker3434

Vaporwave

Jan 19, 2019
Haven't read responses but I'm sure it's all over - how can a team that hasn't won a series in a looong time be the best team to not win a Cup?

How about Vegas?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The 2007 Buffalo Sabres:

Hecht - Briere - Vanek
Roy - Drury - Afinogenov
Kotalik - Gaustad - Pominville
Paille - Mair - Novotny/Peters

Kalinin - Numminen
Tallinder - Lydman
Campbell - Spacek

Miller

Also had Connolly, Stafford, Zubrus, and MacArthur for what has to be the best collection of scratches I've ever seen

They wouldn't have beaten Anaheim in 07.

I do think the cup is theirs without injuries in 06.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I'm sorry, but this year's version of the Leafs, had divisions been normal, would likely have just barely made 4th in the Atlantic (behind TB, Bos, Fla), and just barely beating out MTL to sneak in.

They are Cup-less because they just aren't anywhere near good enough for that yet.
Period.

And NO AMOUNT of media hype can change that.

This is a ridiculous thread.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
2010 Flyers.

Gagne - Richards - Carter
Hartnell - Briere - Leino
Asham - Giroux - Powe
Lapperiere - Betts - Carcillo

Pronger - Carle
Timonen - Coburn
Parent - Kraijck

Emery
Boucher

Half of fame Hart winning defenseman.
Future big part cup winners in Richards and Carter
Record playoff points scorer in Briere
Record rookie points in Leino
The most underrated defenseman of all time in Timonen.
Future 100 point player on third line.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Sorry maybe I'm reading this wrong...

Does OP mean best team in the NHL or the best version of any leaf team to not?

The title and the OP are different

My thought when I read the title was that it made no sense because I interpreted it as, "The Leafs are the best team to have never won a cup," except they have won a cup. It was a long time ago, but it's still a cup.

The best team in their total franchise history to not have won a cup yet is probably Vegas (small sample size of course), which is ironic considering the OP has a VGK avatar.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.

The title should read: "The Leafs are the best team not to have a playoffs series victory".

Learn to walk before learning how to run...

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
come to think of it, thread should read
The Leafs are the 7th best team tied with two other 7th best teams to not have a cup

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Dubas has to readjust his thinking and scrap that entire 2nd line and rebuild it with cheaper options ,so that they can have a better bottom 6

Definitely. 2 1st lines and 2 ECHL lines is a recipe for failure. Then again a lot of Habs fans believe MTL will never win anything because we don't have a Matthews or a McDavid. A lot of them are actually angry at our team for winning right now and proving them wrong.

I honestly do think the Leafs win the cup next year.

Care for a wager?

Lol it's gotta be the 2019 Bolts. Swept the first round, came back the next season and won the cup with essentially the same team.

Actually no. Tampa learned from that and added the toughness they were lacking. They paid a lot for it but the Cup win was worth it to BriseBois I think.

Burt Macklin

Oct 9, 2018
Colorado Avalanche 2003-2004:

Tanguay - Sakic - Hejduk
Selänne - Forsberg - Kariya
Konowalchuk - Nikolishin - Barnaby
doesntmatter - doesnmatter-doesntmatter

Blake - Liles
Foote - Morris
Skoula - Skrastins

Aebischer
Salo

That team was stacked like 80`s Oilers and no cup. Forsberg and Selänne injuries probably prevented that. Selänne had played injured for 2yrs and was a shadow of his former self. After surgery and lockout he was back in form.

On paper that has to be the most talented 2nd line of all time.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
This years version of the Leafs is the best team to have not won. Its a damn shame.
Unfortunately all we’ve shown so far is that we are a very good regular season team that shits the bed when the playoffs start.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
This team isnt as good as their 2018 team ...Lol Toronto isnt a contender Leaf fans need to wake up and realise this
Some of us, not the Dubas nuthuggers, do realize this. It’s a damn shame to be where we are, compared to when we played the Capitals in the playoffs. Had we continued to make small strides, we would be where we should be,a perennial playoff team capable of winning a few rounds, if not legitimate Cup contenders.
That all went to Hell in a hand basket when Dubas signed Tavares and then gave the blank cheques to the other three, especially Marner! This handcuffed other necessary moves to strengthen the other areas. Now here we are, getting ousted in the 1st round every year, with only 6 draft picks in the next 2 years, with no 1st round picks.
Dubas is an idiot, and this core does not have what it takes to win in the playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->