The Leafs are the best team to not have a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No one outside of Toronto expected the Leafs to win anything. They weren't the best regular season team and they cant beat anyone in the 1st round.
The Toronto centric Canadian sport’s media hypes the Leafs as Cup contenders every year. Leaf players are hyped as the greatest, and their prospects are the best too. Oh, and the media drools over Shanahan and Dubas. Yet, every year the team loses in series play. There is something wrong with the relationship between Canadian sports media and the Leafs.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
The Toronto centric Canadian sport’s media hypes the Leafs as Cup contenders every year. Leaf players are hyped as the greatest, and their prospects are the best too. Oh, and the media drools over Shanahan and Dubas. Yet, every year the team loses in series play. There is something wrong with the relationship between Canadian sports media and the Leafs.

The worst part is there are so many gullible leaf fans that chug the kool-aid and belive that dubas is amazing and that our team is a cup contender.

Somehow they lack the ability to make their own decisions and just parrot what the media tell them.

I've been telling them for the last 2 years that this team is not good (same for dubas) and yet have been roasted by leaf fans. Yet I have been right each year and they are once again hiding.

I thought after the loss to columbus they would wake up but it appears even after this more embarrassing loss to the habs they are as blind as ever.

Reactions: Fatass

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Just off the top of my head, teams that were better than this year's leafs and did not win:

96 Wings, 86 Oilers, 92 Rangers, 93 Penguins, 97 Flyers, 2000 Flyers, 2001 Devils, 2007 Sabres, 2009 Red Wings, 2011 Canucks, 2012 Rangers, 2015 Rangers, 2014 Rangers, 2013 Bruins, 2014 Blackhawks, 2014 Bruins, 89 Habs.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
As a Leafs fan, some of my fellow Leafs fans are almost as embarrassing as the current (and sadly past) Leafs management.

Come on a 1st and two 4ths for washed up Nick Foligno. LOL

OPs like this really ruin fanbases around here. Not that EDM or TOR fanbases have much goodwill with the rest of the community to begin with, but the lunatic fringe really drives what goodwill we had straight into the Earth.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If you're talking all-time, the Leafs have more Cups than anyone but Montreal.

If you're only talking current team, then they might be the best team in Ontario, but that's about it.

Mar 26, 2010
Not sure I agree. I have the Leafs missing the playoffs next season. I am a Leafs fan saying this too.

Reactions: Fatass

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
Playing in the North for all 56 of your NHL games, and blowing a 3-1 series lead to a lower seed somehow makes you the "best" team to never win it all. Yeah. They never even left the first round with this current roster of core players. Even that, their roster isn't even that great on paper. No. Your statement is false.

Best teams to never win it:
1995-1996 Red Wings
2018-2019 Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad