The latest installment of Caron

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
What can you do? I have just never been a Caron fan, like I was never a Hamill fan. I hope for the team's sake he does awesome, just not expecting it.

I haven't been either but he looks different. Faster and more confident. Really liking what he is bringing.

Mike B.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Do you realize that Caron has barely over one season's worth of games played and his stats are not too bad for someone's first 80+ games?

I didn't realize that until I looked at his stats, 90 gp 13 goals 14 assists, not bad.

Now if he can be a little more consistent he should actually put up pretty good numbers and if he doesn't he will probably be gone in short order. I just wanted to point out that he has been given much less of a chance to prove himself than what I am lead to believe by the posters on this board.
He's right about where you would expect for someone drafted 25th in 2009.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually thought he was better Thurs night.

On the goal tonight, that was all Smith with the set up and I could have buried it. He had not looked out of place, but I still want to see Soderberg in there on the LW and let Smith/Caron battle it out for RW spot.

Joe, I may lie but my kid is (I think) honest so she will back this up if you ask her....Caron comes out on the faceoff and as Smith gets set up he skates over to him and has a conversation complete with some hand gestures and glances to areas on the ice he is clearly discussing....I mention as this is happening Caron is showing he is comfortable and asserting himself more' and proclaim 'he scores on this shift'. He did. And it was my only goal prediction of the night. Certainly luck on my part but I was working with what I am seeing as a confident player with a plan so I was dealt a couple of good cards before I played my hand, err comment.

Caron once again played strong on the wall, took the puck to the net, didn't try and win 'best hit, or most hits' but just played the game. He deserved the star, and he deserves to have 2 goals in 2 games- and when you are where he is that really sucks he lost that goal.

My other prediction though which I did toss in the GDT prior to opening face off was 'watch Krug'. I know he is from Michigan and how probably jacked he was for this game (although his father is going to have to leave the Tigers jacket at home if the Sox are fortunate enough to advance end up against his beloved Tigers next round). I predicted no goals for him but did state he really looks 'into this' in a big way. I always check on him in warmups for obvious reasons and last night he had another gear so not a reach to think he might be all over the ice in a good way.

also, saw Krejci after the game walking out and he certainly had a noticeable addition to his normal stride. I would not call it a clear limp but as my brain was processing what I was seeing my Krejci jersey clad daughter piped in 'ewww....Krejci isn't walking very well, dad'

hope its nothing- he skated pretty well and he's a big component of this team

going to be interesting what gives when Soderberg is ready- Caron go back to 13....also Johnson in the AHL is a joke. He is good enough to be the extra guy up here and is stunting the playing time of some of the kids down there as Cassidy goes with a 28 year old with triple digit NHL games but 'is what he is'

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Knuble has arrived...

that is a great little statement....obviously Knuble was a horse like Caron, and he knew his way around the dirty area. btw- Knuble somehow never really took the abuse you would think someone who lived down there would. He was big and solid but seemed to somehow even find seams that close in....if Caron would want to pattern his game after someone this is a good guy to get the tapes and study up on. If Caron could replicate that he would be good for another 15 years and probably about $60 or more million dollars just by working on positioning, his shot down low, he has good hands already, take it to the net and STAY there when you get there.

Right now he can play both wings and is an ideal 13 guy on this team- he has the skills in the tool box but they need to be out of the box and so far they are; I think he realizes 'this freaking works' and I don't have to be anything more than Jordan Caron. And its not like he's going to take a **** load of abuse because he's a big mother to begin with so- yah, go to the net and 'hang out' and get a bunch of goals be it off your skate, ass, taps ins, push ins....just score. The closer you are the better your chance of scoring and the beating you take should be bearable because of your size to begin with.

Mike B.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I actually thought he was better Thurs night.

On the goal tonight, that was all Smith with the set up and I could have buried it. He had not looked out of place, but I still want to see Soderberg in there on the LW and let Smith/Caron battle it out for RW spot.
That's true, but I don't think you could have buried the one from Thursday night.

In any case, that line has arugably been the team's best line through two games. Kelly and Smith deserve some credit for that, but so does Caron.

The Bruins could not ask for better play from the third line that what they have done thus far.

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
You can teach skills but you cant teach personality traits. Push him hard to increase his value then sell high... Else 15games in watch him get complacent and go back to caron of old. Hope im wrong? Nah I right here... Caron always had the skill set imo but his drive seem to be missing when his head wasnt on the chopping block. I for one hope PC makes it happen when sodder gets back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's true, but I don't think you could have buried the one from Thursday night.

In any case, that line has arugably been the team's best line through two games. Kelly and Smith deserve some credit for that, but so does Caron.

The Bruins could not ask for better play from the third line that what they have done thus far.

Shoulda traded Kelly in the off season while they had the chance:sarcasm:

Only two games, but I had little doubt that Kell`s would bounce back (nope, didn`t mean another 20 goal season) just he`d return to playing assertive, consistent 3 zone hockey....only 2 games but so far so good.

Caron has played very well, but he`s earned the lack of trust from the fans with inconsistent play so we shall all wait and see if he can sustain it from here.

If the 3rd line can produce 5 legitimate scoring chances per game, I think this team will succeed, if they produce 0-1 like last season, they`ll struggle.

How bout that PK too:yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That can not be a bad thing.

Caron is looking good. This team is deep.

Yep, and I`m not sure but he almost appears to have gotten faster too....I really liked Hamilton`s game as I watched this morning, Krug is the newest golden boy and I get it with his flair for offence but watching DH in the first two games, after a touch of a shaky start against the Bolts, he`s clearly bulked up, and is more active in the nasty department too, really initiating contact;)

qc

Aug 23, 2011
You can teach skills but you cant teach personality traits. Push him hard to increase his value then sell high... Else 15games in watch him get complacent and go back to caron of old. Hope im wrong? Nah I right here... Caron always had the skill set imo but his drive seem to be missing when his head wasnt on the chopping block. I for one hope PC makes it happen when sodder gets back.

But riddle me this: Has Caron ever got in a full camp with the big club, along with a 3rd line roster spot for opening night?

I've always felt that if healthy, with a full camp, competent line-mates, and a nightly role on this team, the real JC will eventually show.

I'll be back here after game 15, when JC's line is a respectable 15gp 5g 4a and a +7 to gloat. :yo:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Because Sodder has shown so much, and oh ya you can teach skills ? :help: Caron is going nowhere

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Because Sodder has shown so much, and oh ya you can teach skills ? :help: Caron is going nowhere

Not going anywhere yet that`s for sure, there`s the sell high position, but there`s that other side too, the one where you just don`t want to disrupt personel when things are going well.

Exceptionally early, but if he can find a way to bring it, Chia will have to make some decisions

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
But riddle me this: Has Caron ever got in a full camp with the big club, along with a 3rd line roster spot for opening night?

I've always felt that if healthy, with a full camp, competent line-mates, and a nightly role on this team, the real JC will eventually show.

I'll be back here after game 15, when JC's line is a respectable 15gp 5g 4a and a +7 to gloat. :yo:

Fans don't get the fact the people that matter (not Hf) love this kid and at 22 he just may have finally grown up and realized what it takes to be a pro.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yep, and I`m not sure but he almost appears to have gotten faster too....I really liked Hamilton`s game as I watched this morning, Krug is the newest golden boy and I get it with his flair for offence but watching DH in the first two games, after a touch of a shaky start against the Bolts, he`s clearly bulked up, and is more active in the nasty department too, really initiating contact;)

We noticed that DH has bulked up too.

I am really excited about this team. So many options. Looking good for the next few years. I hope Spooner stays with the B's as he is exciting to watch too.

Caron is the new whipping boy. :help::shakehead I guess I am just a sap and den mother but I don't get why some here need a player to hate.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
We noticed that DH has bulked up too.

I am really excited about this team. So many options. Looking good for the next few years. I hope Spooner stays with the B's as he is exciting to watch too.

Caron is the new whipping boy. :help::shakehead I guess I am just a sap and den mother but I don't get why some here need a player to hate.

Your not the den mother, I`ve gotten on some players in my time here but I have "tried" to do so while backing up my opinions with reasons as to why I feel that way. I have no issues with fans sharing their opinions, tis what makes this board so great, what I can`t stand is the "he`s garbage" comments with absolutely nothing added to support the thought. Fear is a great motivator, me thinks Jordan is playing with a fire stemming from a fear of playing in Providence again.

He`s been inconsistent, and when in the AHL from all I read, he`s gone MIA. One area I haven`t liked is when he`s been with the big club, he seemed to have been moved up and down the lineup which I am guessing made it tough to create any chemistry/flow with linemates. Sounds like excuse making but we saw it with Jagr, up, down, all around, no time to create chemistry....and he`s a bloody HOF`er

I have little doubt that Chia and Co have no plans for Spooner other than to have him continue to work on his game and in time, be a full time member of the Bruins big club

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Fans don't get the fact the people that matter (not Hf) love this kid and at 22 he just may have finally grown up and realized what it takes to be a pro.

Such as this beautiful woman

c053a5c701cb79b84e3db55cf69f43b5.jpeg

who turned down McCarron (aka the Canadiens' version of Lucic :sarcasm:) because of her love for Jordan.

There was "the summer of George" on Seinfeld. Consider this the season of Caron. And like I said last week, the JC wagon is gaining steam, so get on board while there's still time! Join me, ODAAT, 4orr, Dellstrom, etc.... or forever be wrong.

And trust me, I know the feel of being wrong (to those who remember my pro-Clarkson to Boston lobbying campaign).

Last edited:

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Caron has been impressive up to now. I agree with most... the best thing seems to be his confidence. He just seems to be comfortable and his body language is different.

Hope it will be like this the whole yar cause that third line is really impressive up to now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Such as this beautiful woman

c053a5c701cb79b84e3db55cf69f43b5.jpeg

who turned down McCarron (aka the Canadiens' version of Lucic :sarcasm:) because of her love for Jordan.

There was "the summer of George" on Seinfeld. Consider this the season of Caron. And like I said last week, the JC wagon is gaining steam, so get on board while there's still time! Join me, 4orr, Dellstrom, etc.... or forever be wrong.

And trust me, I know the feel of being wrong (to those who remember my pro-Clarkson to Boston lobbying campaign).

Hey, easy now, I`ve been a long time supporter of JC and have had to withstand numerous internet punches from those calling me all kinds of nasty things;)

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Hey, easy now, I`ve been a long time supporter of JC and have had to withstand numerous internet punches from those calling me all kinds of nasty things;)

This is true, you're one of the OGs in the Hood of Caron. :laugh:

I'll edit my post accordingly.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I, too, am hoping JC keeps up the pace and presents Claude with a dilemma when Soderberg returns.

At the same time I'm hoping our GM answers his phone when his fellow GMs come a callin' as Caron's stature and value improve.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is true, you're one of the OGs in the Hood of Caron. :laugh:

I'll edit my post accordingly.

thank you:laugh:

Watched a ton of JC during his time in the QMJHL and although playing for the enemy at that time, he was a kid that I watched and was always impressed by his 3 zone play as a teenager.

Early indications are....he`s motivated, big difference in jumping on board Bear Force or Greyhound;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Your not the den mother, I`ve gotten on some players in my time here but I have "tried" to do so while backing up my opinions with reasons as to why I feel that way. I have no issues with fans sharing their opinions, tis what makes this board so great, what I can`t stand is the "he`s garbage" comments with absolutely nothing added to support the thought. Fear is a great motivator, me thinks Jordan is playing with a fire stemming from a fear of playing in Providence again.

He`s been inconsistent, and when in the AHL from all I read, he`s gone MIA. One area I haven`t liked is when he`s been with the big club, he seemed to have been moved up and down the lineup which I am guessing made it tough to create any chemistry/flow with linemates. Sounds like excuse making but we saw it with Jagr, up, down, all around, no time to create chemistry....and he`s a bloody HOF`er

I have little doubt that Chia and Co have no plans for Spooner other than to have him continue to work on his game and in time, be a full time member of the Bruins big club

I don't mind being the den mother :). I also admit to being a sap and feeling bad for a player when he is having a bad game.

You are certainly not a poster who is critical to players with no reason. In fact you are one of the most fair posters here.

I also love you are on early Sunday as I too get up early Sunday (and don't have to get to work).

I agree about Spooner. I just hope he doesn't get restless about not playing in the NHL. I think he "gets it" and understands he will someday be on the B's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad