The latest installment of Caron

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Caron is what he is....shows flashes of potential at which point we all get excited that he has "gotten it"......and then reality happens and he vanishes in a world of invisible mediocrity.
I want to be wrong. Please make me wrong Jordan. Please.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Great game from JC last night...

I've been saying he hasn't gotten enough credit for a solid training camp, but he really took it up a notch last night. As others have mentioned, consistency has been an issue for him so let's see where he goes from here.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
After the Washington series in 2012 he looked ready to take the next step but he absolutely dropped the ball in Providence during the lockout. I mean, he stunk it up bigtime and there was no way you could have him up ahead of Bourque or a bunch of other guys.

I don't know what it was but something was wrong in his head or with his body last year but hopefully it's all good now.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
considering Bergeron and Chara might be the only guys on this team who give a consistent effort day in and day out all year I think you might have your expectations set unrealistically high.
The biggest knock on Caron has been his consistency. He is going to have to play like every game is a game 7 in the Finals, when he does play,if he is going to stick.Unfortunately, his track record demands it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No way Caron nets you a first, especially from a bottom feeder.

I thought Caron looked much improved when I saw him at training camp, so its good to see him translate that into a good game. At this point I like what I see from him more than Smith so hopefully he gets a chance to play again Saturday and show what he can do.

If Gaustad can.......anyone can;)

Probably a 2nd though, and if he continues to play well, do they even entertain moving him??

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Caron has yet to do this but...if he were to play a dozen strong/consistent games in a row, there would still be a fraction of the crowd here who`d then toss in the "let`s see it for 20" crowd.

We had Ben freakin Pouliot, for a million buckaroos, put up 16g-16a for 32 pts, play hard, play strong on the boards, create chances for his linemates. Yes, he took the odd bad penalty (me thinks I`ve watched Looch/Marchy/Horty when he was a Bruin do the exact same yet receive passes), and fans all season couldn`t just fess up and admit, for the money, the return on investment was great. Meanwhile, a 3-4 million dollar man named Ryder put up exactly 5 pts more the previous year and once he started popping pts with the Stars, fans here clamoring for him again

I get the Caron frustration, I also see there`s value there if he can bring it consistently which has always been the problem with him. Finding a home on, and leaving him on one line should help too.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
To me its simple:

The latest installment of Caron is over, done finished.

I'm more concerned about the next installment, which may come tonight against the Wings.

And when that game is over, then the next game, and so on and so on. It should never be "what have you done for me lately" but "what can you do, or continue to do going forward."

If he's in the Bruins future plans great if he can keep it up. If he's not in their plans, then I hope he can keep it up until his value climbs.

gorskic

To me its simple:

The latest installment of Caron is over, done finished.

I'm more concerned about the next installment, which may come tonight against the Wings.

And when that game is over, then the next game, and so on and so on. It should never be "what have you done for me lately" but "what can you do, or continue to do going forward."

If he's in the Bruins future plans great if he can keep it up. If he's not in their plans, then I hope he can keep it up until his value climbs.

I would give you a gold star for this if I could.

I've just seen to much of Caron to this point--inconsistent at best, disinterested loaf at worst*, that one can only take his case game by game. I hope, for the team's sake, he keeps up the intensity. With the other forwards coming up and available I'm pretty certain his ticket out of town is punched, anyway.

* I will hasten to add, not as much of a disinterested loaf as my all-time least favorite prospect, one Matt Lashoff. My opinion of him is well known to folks like one Dr. Five Hole.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
@geniebouchard: Sorry...you're not as good as @Jord38caron “@MacAttackUSA93: Hey @geniebouchard next time I'm in Montreal lets hang out!!â€

Montreal draft pick was hitting on Canadian tennis player, rejected and apparently she's a Caron fan so he's got that going for him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
@geniebouchard: Sorry...you're not as good as @Jord38caron “@MacAttackUSA93: Hey @geniebouchard next time I'm in Montreal lets hang out!!â€

Montreal draft pick was hitting on Canadian tennis player, rejected and apparently she's a Caron fan so he's got that going for him.

She's smoking...

If she likes Caron, he should definitely go for it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Honestly, there's no better fit on that 3rd line than him. If he plays to the level that he can. Great defensively and very well-rounded, smart, big, uses his big body to his advantage when it comes to getting and protecting the puck... He screams perfect 3rd liner, and there's nothing wrong if he turns out to be that kind of player, much like Knight. This team prides itself on role players like Paille, Kelly, Soupy... etc. He could easily become another one. He actually reminds me of Paille a lot.

The only problem is, how often does he play at that level? If he breaks out this year and is consistent, **** it. I'll eat any kind of crow I've ever said about him. I know he CAN be a great player and be an extremely effective NHL role player, he's shown that in brief periods of time, but he has to play at the level he's capable of for more than one or two games at a time. Remember Bartkowski was absolute trash before last year. He was the 2nd call up behind Kampfer and everyone dreaded him. He broke out. It takes time.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I am not a fan or hater of Caron but I think he looks very good this year. He had one stretch with this team late in either 2011 or 12 where he at least didn't hurt us out there but this year he looks good. Now I am not getting carried away because he will be lucky to have a spot but that is the beauty of this . This is the best depth we have had at both forward and defense in the julien era. The days of throwing bourque or pandalfo out there are over. We might be throwing Bart out there like we did in the past but its like he has changed in to a superman cape. Great great problem to have if we can keep them happy plus an injury or two wont be a huge deal.

plemur

Meh.
Feb 24, 2007
Nieuw Hamster
twitter.com
He seemed to have gotten a sense of urgency last game after his goal was waved off, but generally, he hasn't shown that in his play. That's the number one thing that makes me think that he's just not going to succeed: The lack of urgency.

If he starts showing that he has it, he'll undoubtedly do well, but he would have to break a fairly long trend at this point. I hope he can but I'm not holding my breath.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Jordan Caron can probably be a bottom six guy. The question is will he fit what the Bruins need or will he be another Sobotka or Thompson that didn't fit the Bruins and got playing time elsewhere to develop? Either way I think at this point his development is inconsequential to the Bruins.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
How quickly fans forget. He has done this before and my wife could have scored that goal tonight. I'd love for him to become a player or raise his value on the way out but he has a long way to go before I will trust we are seeing something out of him when consistency has been his biggest problem over the years.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
How quickly fans forget. He has done this before and my wife could have scored that goal tonight. I'd love for him to become a player or raise his value on the way out but he has a long way to go before I will trust we are seeing something out of him when consistency has been his biggest problem over the years.

Do you realize that Caron has barely over one season's worth of games played and his stats are not too bad for someone's first 80+ games?

I didn't realize that until I looked at his stats, 90 gp 13 goals 14 assists, not bad.

Now if he can be a little more consistent he should actually put up pretty good numbers and if he doesn't he will probably be gone in short order. I just wanted to point out that he has been given much less of a chance to prove himself than what I am lead to believe by the posters on this board.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec

yeah,....maybe dating Bouchard will be a good things for him :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->